GKTW Meet: Delaware DIS Meet, Nov. 1-3, 2013 - OCT. 18 last day for Registration!!!

Discussion in 'Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW' started by dcayz, Apr 30, 2013.

1. UConnFan

UConnFan Mouseketeer

Me too! We're going to have an awesome birthday!!! ::cool1::cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SarahBearah

SarahBearah Earning My Ears

It is a very good day indeed!!

4. dcayz

dcayz Mouseketeer

To all the birthday people who are coming to the meet, what type of cake do you like?

5. dcayz

dcayz Mouseketeer

We WILL BE able to take credit cards at the meet! If you do use your credit card the fee will be 2.8% (price of items x 2.8%).

6. cayz

cayz Earning My Ears

If the people on the list wish to save themselves the hassle of driving, the cost of parking, and the possibility of a DUI by going in on a charter bus or a limo or two, let me know. I'll work on getting a ride together.

RHPS information is here - only $5.25 + $1.00 for the goodie bag!

I could perhaps get a shuttle run at say 6pm to the Iron Hill brewery, a pickup at 10PM, people could WALK to the theatre at midnight, and another pickup at 1:30AM at the theatre.

I'm posting a survey question on the Event Page on Facebook with possible price ranges. Post responses either here, PM to ShesAPirate if you haven't signed up already, or post on the event page: bit.ly/dedismeet .

7. cayz

cayz Earning My Ears

For all of your traveling into Newark for the first time, I've updated the website with a new section called MAPS.

Guess what that page has on it....

8. cayz

cayz Earning My Ears

I'd like to thank Pete & the DIS Unplugged Team for the shameless plug on today's podcast!

We'll be very glad to welcome Pete, kathy, Teresa, Craig, & Dustin to their first stay in Delaware!

And to Shaun & his parents - Happy Homecoming!

Don't worry Shawn, we won't embarrass you by figuring out which Delaware Middle School you went to and hanging a banner-sized class photo with you circled on it above the door... :rotfl2:

James

9. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

That was a great plug from Pete! Can't wait to see (most of) the team again! :cool1:

10. cayz

cayz Earning My Ears

11. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

My list for Iron Hill is now up to 18 people, and I expect more to join! If you would like to come with us and have NOT sent me a PM or a message on Facebook, please do so as soon as you can. Thanks! :thumbsup2

12. dcayz

dcayz Mouseketeer

James and I were talking tonight about which hotel to stay at. If we stay at the Embassy we would be in the same hotel as everyone. If we stay at Homewood Suites we could bring Finn and Abby. Embassy and Homewood share the same parking lot. What do you people think?

13. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Speaking from experience, stay at the hotel everyone else is using. It becomes fun running into people and having unplanned social time. Also, you won't have time to even say hello to the cats let alone show them off to anyone. Things will be very busy!!

14. dcayz

dcayz Mouseketeer

That's what I was thinking. I would like to know what Finn and Abby would do if they saw Teresa. When I watch the podcast and they hear Teresa voice they come running into the room to watch with me.

15. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

Couldn't agree with Nikki more :thumbsup2

16. DatMouse

DatMouse Born with My Ears

Yeah, caught this out the corner of my ear and had to rewind the podcast to confirm what I heard.

DD (BuzzNwoodY0824) and I are there for Saturday from the great area of Mt. Penn PA.

17. dcayz

dcayz Mouseketeer

James and I were at my parents house this weekend working on the items for the GKTW/DE DIS meet. We have been storing the auction items at their house because it is closer to the Newark Senior Center and they have a basement. My mom came down to see if she could help when she spotted a non-Disney auction item. I told her she could have it for $10. Mom gave me $20 and said keep the change. Yeah! Not even the first night of the events and we have made $20 for GKTW!:yay:

18. dcayz

dcayz Mouseketeer

We have people coming from DE, PA, CT, NJ and VA. Did I miss anyone?

19. disneysteve

disneysteve You have to enjoy life, not go

We're coming!!

I just registered. We're coming just for Saturday's big event. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

20. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

I believe we have a couple coming from New Hampshire, as well :)

21. dcayz

dcayz Mouseketeer

Great!
    So that's DE, PA, NJ, CT, NH and VA. :cheer2:

We need someone from Maryland.