GKTW Fundraiser: Coasting for Kids 2013 - West Coast vs East Coast

Discussion in 'Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW' started by ImTooExcitedToSleep, Feb 23, 2013.

1. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Yay.... Go team East!!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

Still looking for DISers in the DC/MD/VA area to join me at Kings Dominion. Right now I am the only DISer that will be participating at KD. Come on Team East!

4. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

What's better than fun and meeting new friends who are as crazy:scared1: about Disney as you are. Sign up for your local Dis Coasterpalooza 1.0 team. We have one at every park participating in Coasting for Kids.

Besides all that...it always makes me feel good when I can do something to help a charity as deserving as GKTW!!! Make your day...by making someone else's day!:thumbsup2!

5. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Have you signed up yet?????

6. ImTooExcitedToSleep

ImTooExcitedToSleep dis veteran

Only 9 spots remain at Knott's Berry Farm! Join my family and I, plus Mary Jo, plus other Disneyland fans on The Jaguar!

7. HawkeyeThad

HawkeyeThad Mouseketeer

I'll be at the KD event, but I'd already joined Theme Park Review's team (Team TPR) before this thread was started. I'm coming all the way from Iowa to participate. Glad to see the DIS participating in this great event! Good luck everyone!

8. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

Iowa to KD? Do you have friends in the area or do you just happen to be visiting at that time? It doesn't matter what team you're doing it for, as long as you're raising money for GKTW!

9. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

I agree! Thanks for raising money for Give Kids the World!!

10. HawkeyeThad

HawkeyeThad Mouseketeer

I was planning an East Coast trip around that time, and it just worked out to where I could push the date of the trip back a week and hit up KD for the event. My friend is driving up from Orlando to participate as well. My original plan was to do Worlds of Fun or ValleyFair, but I thought this would be a little more fun.

11. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Just a reminder ...don't wait until the last minute to sign up for Dis Coasterpalooza 1.0! Some parks do have limits on the amount of people able to participate. Don't be left out in the cold....or at least outside the fence peering in at all the people having fun!:sad:
    Also, if you cannot participate, you can be a virtual rider or supporter. Please make a donation to any member's page. The can be found by going to the coasting for kids main page....clicking on the park...and then clicking on teams. Select the Dis Coasterpalooza 1.0 team and it will show you the members.

Let's make this a success!! Show GKTW how awesome dis'ers are!!!:woohoo:

12. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

Most of us have links in our DISBoards Signatures as well. :goodvibes

13. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

1. East Cost raised $421
    2. West Coast raised $135

So far, so good but both teams need more participants (especially East Coast).

Keep it up East Coast! We can't have our only claim to fame being having a nicer castle!

14. ImTooExcitedToSleep

Nicer? Bigger maybe, but nicer??

East $421
    West $195

15. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

:) OK, how about better? Because, everyone knows bigger is better! ;)

16. ImTooExcitedToSleep

Team West just added Mike from MousePlanet's MouseStation Podcast! He'll be coasting at Valley Fair in Minnesota.

17. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Congrats on your new member! But, team east has a bigger, better and nicer castle and a team that's going to raise a bigger amount for GKTW !!!! Go team east!!!

18. RedsDrew

RedsDrew Mouseketeer

Hey there! My significant other and I just registered for the DIS Coasterpalooza team East and we will be coasting at Kings Island near Cincinnati. We will be getting home from WDW on June 4th and heading to this event June 9th! So exciting, and hoping we raise lots of needed dollars for GKTW!!!!!

19. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Yay!!!! Welcome to team east!!!!

20. ImTooExcitedToSleep

Woo hoo!! :cool1:

21. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

Team East: $446
    Team West: $280

Team East is still winning and has a pretty good lead, but Team West is growing at a much faster rate. Keep up the good work and Go Team East!