GKTW Event: Nova Scotia Take 2 -August 11

hockeymomNS

Has an in with immigration
We officially announced this week that the Give Kids The World DIS Meet is a go for another year. Last year we surprised everyone by raising almost $5500, btw it costs $5000 to send a family for a week. We have a bigger venue and prizes are rolling in already, including a Kobo, Disney collector memorabilia and a Wayne Gretzky Rookie hockey card.
We are holding our event on Sunday August 11, but will have a full weekend of fun, and as heard on this weeks podcast, the Orlando team is doing a "field trip" to Nova Scotia.

[]Update July 2, 2013:

Our hotel is the Halifax Harbourfront Marriott..........use Nova Scotia DIS Meet to get in to our block of rooms and a reduced rate.
Please note that these rooms will be released July 15 and the price will go up.

Friday August 9, 2013 : Meet and greet dinner at Wharf Wraps in Eastern Passage.........space is limited at this point - pay as you go
Saturday August 10, 2013: Roughly noon, meet at Tantallon Plaza (near Tim Hortons) to travel to Lunenburg and depending on time, Mahone Bay. We will have lunch in Lunenburg together.
Saturday evening: Sunset Harbour Cruise $25.00 each....... spots left
Sunday August 10, 2013: The Main Event......1pm at Springfield Lake Rec Centre in Middle Sackville.....auction, music, prizes, podcast recording, FUN
tickets are $10.00 for ages 10 & up....9 and under are free.

Congratulations on the great results last year. I know the NS team is going to go all out to beat that result this year. :cool1:

Val & I hope to be there in 2013 although its looking more and more like we will be living in FL by then. :beach:

You'll just have to make it your own "field trip" to Nova Scotia, Jeff....by August you'll want a break from that Florida humidity :). Come on up!

I should add that no one was more surprised than us by our success last year.
GKTW has generously donated a basket of goodies again this year and all of our local crafters are busy as well.

I might just be missing it somewhere but could you lead to all the info on this meet? Where, ticket info and all the other fun stuff? We are planning a road trip this summer and this may give us a destination. :)
Thanks.

Well we would love to have you.

As it stands now, the main event is Sunday August 11 from 1-4 in Middle Sackville Nova Scotia. Tickets are $10.00 each for anyone 10 and over. That will give you 5 penny auction tickets. Last year we had 42 door prizes, 70 penny auction and 30 or 40 silent auction items. We have ALOT of freebies in the kid section. Disney tattoos, crowns, crafts, swords etc. The event starts at 1 with an hour to bid, socialize, eat, whatever. From 2-3 we sing, dance, hoot n' whatever to the band, who wrote a song called Give Kids The World, which GKTW has a copy of and plan to use in the future. From 3-4 we will draw for the prizes.

We are planning a full day Saturday which will be touring as a group and then possibly a harbour cruise that night.....more info and possibly a survey of guests as time gets closer.

Friday night will be determined depending on how many folks get in and when. Also last year, there was the infamous trip to Prince Edward Island on Monday.

Hope that helps and we would love to roll out the Maritime Hospitality. PM any questions.

We having a facebook page going for those interested in attending! Just pm HockeymomNS, Tinkershelly or myself to be "friends"!

Yay, we're having so much fun just planning things out! We definitely will be having a magical weekend pixiedust:

We are hoping to make a trip to Halifax and the GKTW event for the end of summer! Just need to work out the logistics. :)

We are so excited to be hosting our fellow DISers!!!

Let us know what we can do to help plan.

btw.....We have had everything from a Wayne Gretzky rookie hockey card to paintings to a home made quilt and oooooodles of freebies for the kids!

I am very excited to attend the meet this year. How do I find the facebook page to join? Also if I can help plan anything just let me know. I live in the Annapolis Valley but come to Halifax often.

I am very excited to attend the meet this year. How do I find the facebook page to join? Also if I can help plan anything just let me know. I live in the Annapolis Valley but come to Halifax often.

Pming you!

Last year I missed this because I was in DL attending the D23 Destination D event, but this year I will be there with bells on!

Looking forward to it!!! :thumbsup2

Can someone give me a heads up on how to join the Facebook Group and info on the NS Meet.

Hey guys, PM me and I'll give you info.

I am in Florida now and just had confirmed that the DIS Podcast team is coming. I have also purchased some great Disney prizes and we have been given some collectables. The prizes were rolling in when I left and there is no doubt that we will sell out again.

Get your tickets!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts