GKTW EVENT: DE DIS Meet Weekend – October 16-18, 2015

dcayz

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
Here is the current information (9/23/15) about this years event.

Friday night October 16, will be at the Iron Hill Brewery – Newark. We have the back room reserved at 6:45. This is a pay your own event. We are asking for a $5 donation for Give Kids The World (you can pay when checking in). ***SOLD OUT*** There is a waiting list on Eventzilla (fee free) for this event.

The Big Event Saturday October 17 from Noon - 5:00 pm at the Newark Senior Center. We will have auctioneer Ben Twilley back again this year. Food will be a pay your own and proved by a food truck. If you per-register the ticket price is $20. Not sure if you can make the Big Event, that’s ok we will be accepting walk ups this year. The ticket price for the day of the event will be $25.***Only 35 tickets left***

Hayride/bond fire the night of October 17 at Millburn Orchards from 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM. We have added another wagon.

5K Pirate & Princess Walk / Run Sunday Morning October 18 8:00 AM at Timothy’s Newark * REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN *

Some people have inquired about participating in a "virtual run/walk". Sounds like a plan! If you can't make it to our Pirate and Princess 5K, but you would still like to participate from wherever you are....
Register for the Pirate and Princess 5K http://www.races2run.com/events/pirate-and-princess-5k/ then send me a message and we'll make sure you get your 5K T-shirt.

If you can't make the 5K, but you would still like to donate, you can go here to make a donation.
For Much More Information and registration http://www.races2run.com/events/pirate-and-princess-5k/

Guest Rooms have been reserved at the Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware, 400 David Hollowell Drive, Newark, DE 19716 (302) 737-0900. When you call the hotel tell them rooms have been reserved for GKTW Event (if that does not work tell them to try GKTW wedding). Room rate is $143 per for tax. According to the Courtyard's web site this hotel is full for the weekend. If you are instead in stay here please call the hotel directly to see if there are any rooms left.

The Red Roof Inn & Suites University 1119 S. College Ave. in Newark (near to I95 on 896) is offering us discounted rooms. It's $70 a night for a double queen. $10 more if you want a suite. Please call the hotel directly and ask for the "Pirate & Princess 5K" rate. Their phone number is 302-368-8521. These rates are good until the sell out.

Tickets for the events can be purchased at http://demagicalwishes.eventzilla.net

Check out our web site at www.delawaremagicalwishes.org

If you would like to volunteer or have any thing that you would like to donate please let me know.

Last edited:
Denise, Jenn and I are going to do our best to make it up there. If we can, we hope to bring Jenn's husband also.....

This year the GKTW Delaware Event will feature a Pirate and Princess 5K run/walk on Sunday morning 10/18! That's right- it's a themed 5K! Dust off your favorite tiara, break out your pirate garb - or...a combination of both. pirate: princess: Costumes are not required, but there will be prizes! Registration for the run/walk is open. You can register for the 5K at http://www.races2run.com/events/pirate-and-princess-5k/ . Stay tuned for more info about the event....coming soon!

We just found out our babysitting for that weekend will likely not be available. We'd still love to come to the meet...is it OK to have children present? Just trying to figure out now if we need to try and find someone else who can watch DD

Oh, and did I understand the 5K information correctly? You can have a stroller as long as you're only planning to walk the 5K?

We just found out our babysitting for that weekend will likely not be available. We'd still love to come to the meet...is it OK to have children present? Just trying to figure out now if we need to try and find someone else who can watch DD

Oh, and did I understand the 5K information correctly? You can have a stroller as long as you're only planning to walk the 5K?
I was just going to ask the same question! I have an 11 and 6 year old.

I am going to try to make it...I have to wait for August. I had such a good time last year and would definitely like to come again.

You can have a stroller at the 5k as long as you are walking. I will check with Denise for an official answer on bringing children.

I just talked with Denise. Kids are welcome at the event! I think they would also love the hayride after (this coming from a Kindergarten teacher :)).

Sorry folks for not seeing the post about the kids. Yes, kids are welcome to the event and hayride! Give me a few days and I will have kid tickets up on eventzilla.

STOKED! Will be registering for Saturday and the 5K as soon as I'm home from vacation next week! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

The donations are starting to come in from business around the country. Disney donated 4 1 day park hopping tickets value $620! Coca Cola has donated 10 cases of soda and Dipping Dots also has donated something. Don't know what they are giving but I bet it will be something good.

For those of you who CAN'T make the Big Event (or will, but want MORE), we have two more events!

1) September 8th (Tuesday after Labor Day) - We will be holding a fundraiser at Grotto's Pizza on Main St, Newark DE from 4 - 9PM. If you present the coupon below printed (ON PAPER) in color or B&W, Grotto's will donate 20% of your total bill to us!

2) September 18th (Friday) - Wine Tasting @ Deerfield Fine Wines, 205 Louviers Dr, Newark, Delaware 19711 - Not only will we get a generous donation from the owner, but you can also buy raffle tickets for a new Samsung TV!

Even if you can't make THESE, and you want a chance at the TV, you can now buy tickets ONLINE!

More information is available on our website (DelawareMagicalWishes.org) or our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/DelawareMagicalWishes) under the Event Tab.

Screenshot-8_21_2015-6_47_05-AM-1024x402.png

Attachments

• DE Magical Wishes Org 9-8-15.pdf
    816.5 KB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!