Gisselle & Jose: June 24th, 2012 <3

OMG How come I have NEVER posted, commented NOTHING!!! :scared1: I'm so bad! I'm not sure how I passed up your PJ! I LOVE :love: e-pics!! So vintage and great style!! Only some people can pull off the vintage look and you do it PERFECTLY!!

Carnival theme is SO FUN!! What a fun wedding you will have! I love your colors and the contrast of the blue and red is so pretty. I think your pinwheel place cards are going to be a great hit!! Can't wait to see a finished one :goodvibes

Also love your tears of Joy packets so far!! I also can't see a picture of your dress :sad2: Did you move it to a different folder in photobucket possibly?? I did that and realized it changed ALL my pictures so I have to recopy and past every picture through half my PJ. Can't wait to follow along and see more fun carnival ideas!! :woohoo:

OMG How come I have NEVER posted, commented NOTHING!!! :scared1: I'm so bad! I'm not sure how I passed up your PJ! I LOVE :love: e-pics!! So vintage and great style!! Only some people can pull off the vintage look and you do it PERFECTLY!!

Carnival theme is SO FUN!! What a fun wedding you will have! I love your colors and the contrast of the blue and red is so pretty. I think your pinwheel place cards are going to be a great hit!! Can't wait to see a finished one :goodvibes

Also love your tears of Joy packets so far!! I also can't see a picture of your dress :sad2: Did you move it to a different folder in photobucket possibly?? I did that and realized it changed ALL my pictures so I have to recopy and past every picture through half my PJ. Can't wait to follow along and see more fun carnival ideas!! :woohoo:

:rotfl: I forgive you for not posting earlier!
Thanks for all of the compliments, you have have really encouraged me to start on all of my DIY since aside from you being the DIY queen :worship: our weddings are a week a part!!! I feel so bad whenever I come across one of your new projects because I am extremely behind schedule!! Hopefully, the pinwheels and tears of joy will get me on the right track. Just hoping that I can actually handle what I am envisioning.

About the dress! :eek: I can't believe I didn't realize that earlier! I was working on my wedding website a few weeks back with DF and he had to keep closing his eyes everytime I went back to the photobucket page (since I can only upload photobucket pics to the website too)... I just ended up deleting it! I will have to add it again, or create a different account so that you ladies can see it.

I really cant wait to see how everything comes out!!! :goodvibes

Thanks Kristi! I really appreciate all of the encouragment! :thumbsup2

By the way...

My paper straws are in!!!
I will post a picture later on (I am at work) but I just had to share that they are even better than what I expected! The color is EXACTLY the same color on the newsletters, and the straws are very thin. I was worried they would be too thick to be the base of my pinwheels. But the BEST part is that I actually received 144 of them!!!! For some reason I thought they were 100, so I will have plenty left over. :woohoo: Maybe I can think of something else to use them for?

& I will be headed to Disney tonight!!!!!!! :yay:
I am finally doing my site inspection! It will be on Monday with Bill. I am nervous about meeting him, I have heard some not so nice things about him... BUT regardless of the fact I will still be meeting him & get to look around. :thumbsup2 &&& since we have to drive up for the site inspection anyways, we will be taking advantage and are visiting the parks! No set in stone plans yet, we are sort-of just winging it and will end up wherever we are in the mood for then. :rolleyes1 just 20 minutes left of work & I can head home to pack! (Talk about procrastinating :lmao:)

love love love the carnival theme :cutie:It will really fit in with the Boardwalk as a whole! I like the idea of buying the "plainer" photo frames, because that way, you can DIY the frames however you wish.
Hope you had a great site visit!!

I'll keep reading! popcorn::

So we got back from Orlando last night, and I have tons to say! I am probably going to be all over the place... :rolleyes1

I guess I will start with the most important- our site inspection! We arrived at Franck's early and decided to look around... Bill was already there and was nice enough to start our appt. before time. He was NOTHING like I expected. To be honest I was really freaked out about meeting him since I read that a past disbride had a horrible experience with him. My DF had heard all of the stories, and was like are you sure there aren't two Bill's! :rotfl: I asked Bill to see the WP since I had never seen it in person, I have never seen something like it! It is BEAUTIFUL! The pictures just do not do it justice. DF liked it too, he said it was my decision if I wanted to switch (It IS available). Actually, I love that it has air conditioning since my wedding is in June and it will be scorching... but I LOVE the convenience of having a SBP/ ADH wedding, & the carnival/ fun theme we have going on. So we went to see SBP next. We had already seen SBP with and without a wedding going on and really liked the open feel. Bill mentioned that they will add a water station for the guests which I had no clue of. I was already looking through ideas on how to customize water bottle lables since I know my guests will appreciate the water!!! He also mentioned that the freeze dried petals which there is so much contraversy about ARE OKAY! & that inclusively, they will set them up for us along with any other things like tears of joy/ programs. He says we can just hand them over to the wedding planner during our rehersal. :goodvibes That was a relief since I was already planning on getting someone to do that for me! Then we saw ADH. :love::love::love::love: GORGEOUS!!!! :love::love::love: It is also nicer in person and perfect for what we want! I thought the seating arrangement thing was going to bother me, but it just looks so cool. I don't think our guests would mind at all. The view from the second floor (which is where the pre-reception would be held) is sooooooo pretty! Bill was very informative as far as the layout and where we would come in from as 'husband and wife'. I really didn't want to look at anything else because those were MY venues. :dance3: We went back to Franck's and saw loads of pictures of the ADH all done up. Different options on how to blend the smaller tables to the ones on the main floor. One couple even did our colors and had these to die for centerpieces with feathers that looked so neat. & another couple had an up theme and filled the area with balloons and the best part is that it STILL LOOKED GOOD! Needless to say I am beyond pleased and excited!!!!

As far as the trip goes.... we really didn't do much!!! :headache:
We arrived Saturday and went to Typhoon Lagoon, and then checked in to our hotel. My dad works for Hilton so we barely stay on property... Once we were showerd, we left for MK to watch Wishes. Here is a self taken pic of us in front of the castle:

castle.jpg

The next day we went to Blizzard Beach... and once we got back to the hotel, I banged my lip pretty hard. :guilty: Don't ask how it happened, because I am still unsure... I must have not been paying attention, but there was the car door- then a bang- then blood gushing. It hurt pretty bad and after crying my eyes out I insisted that I was okay. DF gave me ice to prevent swelling but I ended up like this:

lip.jpg

It pretty much ruined our night. & that's how I had to meet Bill! How embarrassing. :sad2: Swelling didn't start to get better until yesterday afternoon. On the bright side, I didn't have to go to work like that? :lmao:

Anyways.... I promised a picture of my straws! :goodvibes

strawsbox.jpg

There they are in the box.

strawwithtag.jpg

& then here is one of them with the 'tag' I will be using for the tears of joy packets and probably the welcome bags. The color is SO close! I am very happy with them. I will be working on my DIY this week!

Thats it for now!

Glad to hear that your trip went well! Sounds like your venues are perfect for you! But so sorry to hear about that swollen lip - it looks really painful! I hope it didn't ruin your trip too much.

Glad everything went well! But sorry about your lip... that's totally something I would do. I'm a total putz! lol.

LOOOVE the straws though!!

LOVE the straws!!
Glad everything went well!! Sorry about your lip!! Glad the swelling is going down though!

Thanks ladies!
I am really excited about the straws too!! Hopefully will have some pictures of at least one finished pinwheel soon!

Lip is all better now! Mostly just upset at my clumsiness! :sad2:
Should be used to it though!

Giselle!!! I found your PJ through your post on mine. So funny that you saw the aftermath of my reception! :rotfl2: I love all of your plans so far...Alot of people are doing the carnival theme now, it is just so fun! I LOVE it :goodvibes! I love the red and aqua...that's why i chose my colors...the coral and light aqua with grey...I love the contrast. I'll be following along...You and your hunny are absolutely adorable too...oh...and CONGRATS! :cutie:

:rotfl:Giselle, I just got you question about the convertible dresses on kate's PJ so I thought I would answer in yours ^_^...so I actually had mine made. They are super simple and there are directions available on the web everywhere...depending on your fabric you can def get away with spending waaaaaaay less than the cost of a 2 birds one...also if you take a look at my PJ my "Hawaii wedding" dress was an actual 2 birds dress and there was not a huge difference (other than price) between the made ones and the 2 birds...:goodvibes

Giselle!!! I found your PJ through your post on mine. So funny that you saw the aftermath of my reception! :rotfl2: I love all of your plans so far...Alot of people are doing the carnival theme now, it is just so fun! I LOVE it :goodvibes! I love the red and aqua...that's why i chose my colors...the coral and light aqua with grey...I love the contrast. I'll be following along...You and your hunny are absolutely adorable too...oh...and CONGRATS! :cutie:

Thanks so much for the compliments! I really like the pop of the colors too... and it is true, there are a lot of carnival themes now! I was able to google search and find plenty of ideas which I have somehow jumbled into one. Luckily, I think it plays well with the Boardwalk feel. :) I just hope that everything comes out as I am imagining it. BTW I forgot to mention while I was posting on your PJ that I will be using the same frames you used for your table numbers. Ikea, right? I am going to be printing the same pattern as my newsletter on them. Did you use a template for the size? Initially I thought they would look wierd on the smaller tables since well.. they are small!!! But they looked good on your tables!!! I am really glad I cam across your PJ. I remember thinking hmmm... I should have checked the DIS for weddings this weekend while I was at my site inspection & then when I came across your PJ I was like holy cow that's the same bridal party table. :rotfl: It was great to see how it looked in the room, I thought the briday party table would take too much space, but there was still plenty of room to PARRTTYYY! :banana:

:rotfl:Giselle, I just got you question about the convertible dresses on kate's PJ so I thought I would answer in yours ^_^...so I actually had mine made. They are super simple and there are directions available on the web everywhere...depending on your fabric you can def get away with spending waaaaaaay less than the cost of a 2 birds one...also if you take a look at my PJ my "Hawaii wedding" dress was an actual 2 birds dress and there was not a huge difference (other than price) between the made ones and the 2 birds...:goodvibes

Good to know! I was actually asking for me, since I REALLY want one! I tried to suggest them to my bm's but they kind of brushed me off a because of the prices and decided on a DB one which was $79.99. IF I would have known this a little sooner, I probably would have gotten my way! :lmao: But it is too late, two of the girls have already purchased their dresses and I am not sure what the return policy is but I am sure it isn't to my favor. :confused3 Oh well! At least I can get one for myself!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter