Girls Trip...has me feeling Guilty

AshtonsMom99

Stitch's Intergalactic Wife.......
Hi everyone I am going for my first annual best friends trip in May and I am beyond excited, but I feel so terrible for going without my kid...please tell me that's normal....:) Also we are going as a family in October with my husband and, but I don't know I am so excited to just be there with my friend and I can do stuff I want to do!!! When we bring the kids we rush through things, ughness

Anyone have the guilt issue?

Oh dont fret! That is totally normal! I was a preschool teacher for 5 years and many many times BOTH parents would leave their kid/s with the grandparents. But like you, they also had their family trips planned. So dont feel bad at all! Have a blast on your trip! :yay::yay::yay:

Thank you! So do you have any tips on what to do on a girls only trip? I am at a loss at what to do even though I have been to WDW more times than I can count, I have no idea what to do on an adult trip...LOL Our son is 13 and we have always done stuff centered around the kid for the most part. Not that we didn't do stuff us a family, but going without the kids will be and entirely different situation!

That is what we plan to do, and we are also going to only do one or two parks, so we can take our time...when I go with the family we go through all of the parks, but yet I feel rushed because we are doing so much at once and not relaxing all that much, you know what I am saying?

My great friend and I go on an annual mommy trip. We are leaving in 1 week for our 5 th annual "mommy trip".

Our trip has evolved throughout the years.

The first trip was in may (flower and garden festival) and the last 2 have been in October/November!!! This is due to the food and wine festival and wine and dine 1/2 marathon, we love food and wine!

We find that we are able to do a ton of stuff and "try things out" before our kids join us!

I miss my kids...but really love my time at Disney without them, ordering my own food...and not having to share unless I want to :)

Enjoy your trip...take it at your own pace!!!

It's normal. I am older and am going on my second trip to Disney this year. My child is grown with a child of her own and doesn't need me to take her to Disney but still....I gave my grandchild a package deal (I wrote in her card her present was a trip to Disney and she could take her Mommy and Daddy, I cleared it with them first of course) So yes the guilt is normal and it won't matter whether your kid is 4 or 34. If you ever feel like they are missing out you feel guilty. That being said, take your trip and enjoy. An adult trip is a whole different trip and lots of fun:) You can center your next trip on your child:)

We've been going to Disney every 2 years with the kids. This trip my baby will be 16. Hubby wants next trip to be just the 2 of us to thank ourselves for raising 5 kids to adulthood. We're talking almost 3 years away and I already feel guilty!

Not guilty enough that I haven't already started planning how to make our first childless vacation special though.
We have always gone the value resort route. With just 2 of us,we may just upgrade ourselves to moderate or go all out with deluxe! We've never done any tours or Circ because of the cost for everyone, but with just the 2 of us...possibilities! May try some signatures I've never tried or other places my picky eaters just never wanted to go to. Then just being able to do what we want to do...rope drops or sleep in, going at our own pace and not feeling rushed to go see the next thing, walking out of the park slowly after fireworks to miss the long bus rides because we have no kids that HAVE to go use the hotel pool...

Yup, I will feel guilt going without kids. Just not enough to keep me from going. I'll send them postcards and maybe bring them back something nice.

Im not much of a drinker but I still like to attempt "Drinking around the world" in Epcot. Go to each country and buy a drink with your friend and see if you can make it all the way around. I always fail miserably or just get distracted 1/2 way through. The Wine & Dine Festival is always alot of fun. Stopping at each and every station for 1 or 2 foods and a wine. (my DGF drinks the wine and I eat the food) lol. Good luck on your trip! Itll be a blast Im sure!

I am mostly excited for one on one time, with no husband or kid interruptions! :rotfl2:

Leaving Dec 1st for a third trip with BFF. Each trip we try to do at least one thing that is crazy(that's us). We have done indoor ski diving, parasailing, went to Discovery Cove. We are more commando when we go. We are fast walkers and love all the rides and shows. We can see so much without the husband and/or kids in tow. We don't spend a lot of time at the resort. Just not us. This trip is a little different in that our crazy and wild adventure takes us from Disney World to Disneyland in 1 day. We are spending 5 nights at OKW then on Dec 6th we are hitting Epcot(EMH) Soarin then racing to DHS for a trip on TOT then to the airport for 1200 flight to SNA arriving at
430ish and off to California Adventure Park(closes at 8pm) then Disneyland(closes at 10pm). We will be staying at Paradise Pier for 3 nights. Now this is in hopes that there is no flight delays or emergencies or whatever but we are going to do our best. We have done 4 parks in one day and been at airport for 3pm flight but never 4 parks across country. Wish us luck and some pixie dust pixiedust:

ok that sounds like a total blast! I live near DL...now you are putting ideas into my head fr our annual family trip....lol!

The only way to make it work is WDW to DL because of the 3 hour time difference. We weren't able to get a direct flight so if you can do that it would be even better.

I live in Phoenix are so I can drive to LA and go to DL and then we can fly to WDW from LAX.....not sure about a direct flight but I can check!

Don't feel guilty - everyone needs a little bread, even moms! I am pep-talking myself as well as you, since I leave tomorrow morning on a girls trip. We are celebrating our 50th birthdays, and my away-from-home job has been a killer lately, so I am really looking forward to it. But I still feel a little guilty. It's normal. We are not used to focusing on ourselves, but it's important to do it sometimes.

I've done it once before and the best thing was just doing whatever we felt like at the time. I have a loose plan and dining ressies most nights, but mostly we'll play it by ear. It's also much easier to make rope drops, since we're early risers, but my teens are not. We are going to attend MVMCP and make some time to tour the deluxe resorts and see the Christmas decorations.

I have loose reservations that I plan to be making within the next two weeks...so,.........I will see what I can do, I am an early rise but my bestie is So not, that might be an issue but I think it will work out just fine....Have a blast!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter