*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

It's like the mastercard commercial...

Priceless.

Good job, mom.:yay:

In Japan, if someone drops their purse off their bike, people hang it on the closest telephone pole. And the next day, they can find it with all the money still in it. I lost my wallet once, and returned to the cafe and got it back.

Thanks for sharing this story. I love hearing things like this. If only everyone....

Well, I did a good deed tonight. :angel: (cue the angelic choir music please)

The twins and I were out grocery shopping this evening, and I spotted a bunch of money folded up on the floor near the frozen foods. I picked it up and discovered over $60 in there. No one was near by to ask if it belonged to them, so I told the girls we had to go to customer service and turn it in.

They wanted to know why we couldn't keep it. I asked, "What if it was your money and you lost it, wouldn't you want some one to turn it in for you?" They both said yes, so off we went.

The lady at the desk took my name and home number, then said if no one claimed it within 30 days, they'd call me and it was mine to keep. Hmmmm, cool. :teeth:

Before I even left the store, my cell phone (well, technically it's Ruben's) rang signaling I had a message waiting for me on our home voicemail. It was from the lady who'd lost the money!
She got my name and number from the store because she wanted to call and thank me for turning it in. She said, "You don't know what kind of year we've had and this just means so much. Thank you and God bless you."

I let the kids hear the message so they could understand first hand why it was so important to turn that money in. You never know who desperately would miss it.

Too bad, it would have been nice to have kept it. :rolleyes1 I could have used it for Vegas next month! :banana:

Just kidding! lol Hearing that lady's message, and the sound of her voice when she was thanking me, it was like she really couldn't believe someone had turned it in. :confused3
That was really cool, and made me like a million bucks. :goodvibes

So there. I did my good deed for the year. Can I go back to normal now?
11.gif

Night ladies! Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Great job, Beth! Sounds like you made that lady's day. I can't imagine how I'd feel if all I had for groceries was $60 cash and I lost it. :( How panicked I'd feel, and I wouldn't really have any hope anyone would turn it in.

Did anyone see Home Makeover on Sunday? I just watched it over the internet, because I forgot to DVR it and I was almost in tears so many times. Great episode.

I don't know how to translate that to writing?! The words are just "Apple Maggot Quarantine Area, Do not transport homegrown fruit" I can't think of a song with the same notes. Tell you what, I will sing it for you next time I see you!

Sarah
I think you should perform at the next Meet and Greet! This sounds like a classic!

Cancer is on the rampage right now!
My dad - Thyroid cancer (surgery & radiation)
My uncle - prostate cancer (stage 3)
My aunt - cancer in her lymph nodes (stage 1 & in aggressive treatment!)

Richard (deacon at church) - a cancerous mass at the base of his spine
Mr. Balagtas - cancer (I don't know where)
June (my boss's mom) - cancer in her kidney and liver

I don't know what the heck is going on!

In late April we always have the Cowboy Festival and they have THE best peach cobbler! Ugh, it's so bad for you but it's SOOOOO good. If anyone's available, they should go (if they like cowboy music). It's a great event.

That is weird about how it seems to go in waves (cancer).

I saw that peach cobbler on t.v. once--they do it in a camp stove thingie over a fire, right? It looked yummy!

11.gif

Good for you--and for the valuable lesson for the girls.

It's like the mastercard commercial...

Priceless.

Good job, mom.:yay:

In Japan, if someone drops their purse off their bike, people hang it on the closest telephone pole. And the next day, they can find it with all the money still in it. I lost my wallet once, and returned to the cafe and got it back.

Thanks for sharing this story. I love hearing things like this. If only everyone....

Yep--hear ya--if only everyone . . . . .

Good Morning, Divas!

Originally Posted by mommaU4
Well, I did a good deed tonight. (cue the angelic choir music please)
That was really cool, and made me like a million bucks. .

Beth, you were supposed to find her money, so she could find it again.::yes:: Bless your heart ~ and what a good example for the twins. Sometimes we just get these little gifts. ;)

Originally Posted by sahbushka
I don't know how to translate that to writing?! The words are just "Apple Maggot Quarantine Area, Do not transport homegrown fruit" I can't think of a song with the same notes. Tell you what, I will sing it for you next time I see you!
Sarah

I agree with Cheryl - this should definitely be performed at the next Meet n Greet ~ if our Girls Only is the next one. If not, please save it for then.:thumbsup2

My goodness, it is cold here this morning! 41 when I woke up at 6:30. Brrrr. Thank goodness it wlil be in the 70's... a bit cool for this time of year. Hoping Sunday is not too hot tho ...Sophia's Christening is this Sunday. :)

Hope it's a good Tuesday for all. :sunny:

I think today Dawn and Cheryl are doing a cooking event!

Have a great time ladies!! :goodvibes

And good morning to everyone else!:flower3:

Morning all.

Beth that was an awesome thing you did! I ALWAYS try to do that kind of stuff and it seems that never comes back around to me but it does to my mom at least. We were in Disney World and she lost her really nice watch on Dinosaur and we thought for sure she would not get it back but we checked on our way out and sure enough it was there. Then she lost something else that I can't remember now what it was and got IT back too. Oh yeah at the Girls trip. Remember her bag with her BRAND new camera!! We went to the DVC thing and she left it outside that WHOLE time and sure enough she got it back. THAT was lucky. The watch wasn't THAT expensive but the digi camera WAS. She was REALLY lucky. We went to DL and I lost a stupid 5 dollar visor and Lynn lost a purse that had NOTHING in it on the same trip and neither of us got either one back :(. Figures. I have returned a cell phone that I found in a shopping cart and and I found the entire contents of a purse INCLUDING a phone in our ditch in front of our house which had a gals wallet with her credit cards and drivers license etc. But I guess some day it will come back to me. ;) But Beth that was REALLY nice of you and a GREAT lesson to your girls!! You are just a great person that way! And don't even kid yourself. We all know you would ALWAYS do the right thing. ;)

And prayers to ALL the people with cancer, Steph and Cristabel's friends. That is really tough. Did you guys see the special on Farrah Fawcett. That is just so sad to see people go through that.

And speaking of the cobbler that sounds YUM. My mom used to make one that had peach AND blackberries and it was REALLY good. We had blackberry bushes in our garden and it was SO good. That was our dessert EVERY 4th of July! :)

Well today I have off and that is pretty much my only day I have to get my chores done. Tomorrow I have TWO apts, my therapist and my dentist and Thursday is the girls short day at school. So I am going to be running round here like a mad woman doing laundry and cleaning. Then tonight it looks like we are for sure going to skip swim and let the girls go to the art show. I don't know how much of "their" art will be there but they really want to go so we shall see. It will be nice to take a break from swim for a night though.

Then tonight is Idol so I am excited to see how that goes and then they will crown the winner of Dancing. I have NO idea who will win. I think it is a pretty even match this year. Anyway that's bout it for me. Hope everyone has a great day. See ya later.

Good Morning Ladies,
Thank you so much for the support!! This is definately something I want to do & I just have to find that inner strength to defeat it. I've tried the patches before & found out I'm allergic to the sticky stuff on them, I can't chew the gum due to bad teeth & TMJ, I don't have health insurance so no magic pills either. This will come down to me, making changes & decreasing until I don't physically need the nicotine in my system to function. Today I'm trying to go 2 hours between (which is cutting back at least half of my daily intake)......

So sad about all the cancer talk.....prayers for all those affected by this.

Good for you Beth!!!! The lady who lost it was probably older & on a limited income.....that was probably her grocery money for the rest of the month. What a beautiful gift you shared with your twins about doing the right thing!!

All this food talk.....I'm gaining weight just reading thru these!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Gonna be cooler here today...... 90's the last 3 days & today is supposed to top off at 68......and maybe even sprinkle!!

Morning girls!

Beth~ you taught the girls a very good lesson last night! great job!!

The twins and I were out grocery shopping this evening, and I spotted a bunch of money folded up on the floor near the frozen foods. I picked it up and discovered over $60 in there. No one was near by to ask if it belonged to them, so I told the girls we had to go to customer service and turn it in.

They wanted to know why we couldn't keep it. I asked, "What if it was your money and you lost it, wouldn't you want some one to turn it in for you?" They both said yes, so off we went.

The lady at the desk took my name and home number, then said if no one claimed it within 30 days, they'd call me and it was mine to keep. Hmmmm, cool. :teeth:

Before I even left the store, my cell phone (well, technically it's Ruben's) rang signaling I had a message waiting for me on our home voicemail. It was from the lady who'd lost the money!
She got my name and number from the store because she wanted to call and thank me for turning it in. She said, "You don't know what kind of year we've had and this just means so much. Thank you and God bless you."

I let the kids hear the message so they could understand first hand why it was so important to turn that money in. You never know who desperately would miss it.

Too bad, it would have been nice to have kept it. :rolleyes1 I could have used it for Vegas next month! :banana:

Just kidding! lol Hearing that lady's message, and the sound of her voice when she was thanking me, it was like she really couldn't believe someone had turned it in. :confused3

11.gif

Aww that's so great! :goodvibes

Great job, Beth! Sounds like you made that lady's day. I can't imagine how I'd feel if all I had for groceries was $60 cash and I lost it. :( How panicked I'd feel, and I wouldn't really have any hope anyone would turn it in.

Did anyone see Home Makeover on Sunday? I just watched it over the internet, because I forgot to DVR it and I was almost in tears so many times. Great episode.

I didn't see it but I know all about it! They came into my school (well my old/current school), the Herron School of Art and Design in Indianapolis to make paper. I DVRed it but I still need to watch it. They filmed it AGES ago but they just now aired it. Is that the one? It's the big talk right now I guess.

Last night I made a nice small dish of Ben & Jerry's Light Raspberry swirl with chocolate shavings..all that was left in the pint. Took it up to bed and as I was settling in bed to enjoy my ice cream, I knocked it off the bedside table and it landed upside down on the carpet..and the single scoop landed on a puppy pad! :eek: No ice cream for me.
icon_cry.gif

Now that's just tragic!

Good morninggg ladies!!! How is everyone?

Good morning!

It's going to be much cooler here today, thank goodness! Nothing else new here, just cooking and laundry. So this will be be all day: :laundy: :stir:

Have a great day, girls!

Soooooooooooooo not happening.

Sarah

Oh come on Sarah, after a few cocktails and jello shots, it won't seem like such a bad idea.;)

And Beth, you are such an awesome woman.:cutie:
We only have one chance to raise our children and obviously you know how important that is.

Good morning ladies!!

Donna ~ It's interesting to see how different countries act, like with the lost purse thing in Japan. I saw a special once on some country that I now cannot even remember which one it was, but their police don't use guns. Don't even carry them. There's no need. The crime is so low, and what little there is, isn't violent like that.
I cannot imagine.

Michelle ~ I stopped watching Home Makeover a long time ago. It's a good show, but it seemed like each week the stories were more and more tragic and all I'd do was bawl the whole show! lol

Sarah ~ So awesome of you to volunteer to be our party entertainment for the next Meet and Greet! Cool.

Christine ~ 41 degrees??? Wow. By 8:30 this morning it was already 85, now we are at 90.

Kelly ~ Enjoy the art show tonight! And good luck tomorrow at the evil dentist's.

Laurie ~ You are doing so good. Keep it up! I know it's so hard to quit any addiction. It's all you can think about and every hour seems to drag on forever. But I know you can do this.

Tina ~ Wanna come do my laundry when you're done? I hate laundry and it's a daily chore in this house. Bleh.

Everyone else, I hope you are all having a wonderful day so far!! :goodvibes

Good morning ladies!!

Donna ~ It's interesting to see how different countries act, like with the lost purse thing in Japan. I saw a special once on some country that I now cannot even remember which one it was, but their police don't use guns. Don't even carry them.

Hmm, wonder if that was Great Britain? They don't carry guns there.

Oh yeah at the Girls trip. Remember her bag with her BRAND new camera!! We went to the DVC thing and she left it outside that WHOLE time and sure enough she got it back. THAT was lucky. The watch wasn't THAT expensive but the digi camera WAS.

Then tonight is Idol so I am excited to see how that goes and then they will crown the winner of Dancing. I have NO idea who will win. I think it is a pretty even match this year. .

That is so great about the camera.

I will predict that Melissa will be the first to go and it will be up to Shawn and Giles, with Giles favored to win. My personal fav is Shawn but I think G will take it. BTW, any clue why Cheryl came up with that Flashdance routine which favored her over her contestant?

She usually does a great job with the choreography but that one did not showcase Giles.

Also anxiously awaiting AI. I'm for Adam.

Question - since this is the end, is it okay to talk about it once PST viewers have seen it? When can we rant/cheer/whatever?

I had a lot of fun with you and your daughter and her friends. Did the underwear fit, I'm wondering? Large is a bit big on me. This Shag set sounds sooo cool!

Cheryl, love to see a photo of this!

She says they should fit, she hasn't tried them yet, but held them up. They are so cute!

And yes, Cheryl, I would love to see a picture of your framed prints. I think I'm going to get mine framed in black, what color did you do?

Hope everyone has a great week! I probably won't be on too much after today, Allyson's 8th grade promotion is tomorrow, we have 2 graduation parties to go to on Thursday, and Zach's graduation is Friday. Busy week! And I've got to get the house ready for the party Friday night. Good thing Christine is home and helping!!

And it's supposed to cool off later this week, only in the 90's instead of 106, which it was yesterday!!

Hi Guys! :moped: Busy day today but wanted to stop by and say hello! I am enjoying the much cooler weather today! It's going to be a busy afternoon and evening with Michaela's girl scouts and open house at Jack's school. Then home to watch AI. :thumbsup2

Beth - We are staying at 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club.

be back later!

Becci

Yeah it is cooler here too. I went to pick up the girls and it was only 91 vs 100! And me without my muff!

Hi Stacie!! (waves) I can't find that waving smilie. Remember I am computer illiterate unlike all you talented people. I can only find the ones that are here on the Dis. I can't even multiquote for god's sake LOL. Don't try to teach me either it is a lost cause LOL. I think it is my miswired brain. You try to explain it and I get all confused. It's not worth it. ;)

Hey fun at all your graduations Stacielee. That is a lot in all one year! WHEW! Enjoy!

I cleaned my butt off all day and did three loads of laundry and it barely looks like I made a dent. Figures eh LOL.

And Donna I would LOVE to talk about AI and Dancing too but I guess we should honor those who haven't seen it. Maybe we can talk in pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter