Giraffe Watch 2012 - BABY IS HERE!

This is the status from the zoo's Facebook this morning:
Looked in on Autumn and Walter this morning and all is well. Her progress does not appear to have changed much overnight. We will continue to monitor her as we go through this morning. With Boo in the Zoo starting tonight, it looks like it will be a full day for staff going forward.

The zoo is supposed to Twitter (and I would guess also post on Facebook) when they think Autumn has actually gone into labor.

The zoo is supposed to Twitter (and I would guess also post on Facebook) when they think Autumn has actually gone into labor.

Thanks for the update. Will check in on her from time to time today :)

Thanks for the info cause I don't do Facebook! Keep us updated, if you can.

The giraffe is my favorite animal so I am keeping a watch on the cameras. OP thanks for posting this!

:flower3: Hope we don't have to wait too long. Poor thing looks so uncomfortable. Last night I could see the baby moving around inside her when she was laying down.

She is in the paddock munching and strolling around...seems quite content and in no discomfort. Walter, however, seems restless stuck in the barn area. They may have to switch them out soon. Kind of curious...when they switch them or close them in the barn...do they do it in person...can they (people) get up close to these guys...do they give them rubs every once in a while or not contact at all?

GIRAFFE WATCH 2012!!!!​

This is so exciting! We haven't had a good 'watch thread' in quite awhile!

GIRAFFE WATCH 2012!!!!​

This is so exciting! We haven't had a good 'watch thread' in quite awhile!

Oh goodie!

Official member of GIRAFFE WATCH 2012!!!!

Hey Tag Fairy, I'm just sayin..... :rolleyes1

giraffe.gif

She is outside the paddock-eating, she sure does eat a lot.

Walter is out on the paddock now and Autumn is in the barn eating (what else is new? ;) ).

I read that when Autumn is in labor she'll stop eating.

My aunt has a giraffe that she has raised since it was a baby. (Don't worry, she is a professional, she's not one of those weirdo backyard exotic animal hoarders! She also has a bunch of other exotic animals; her farm is a certified, inspected, professional facility and she is world renowned in her field)

I thought you guys might appreciate this picture, it's my aunt feeding a bottle to her giraffe Gracie when she was 10 weeks old:

IMG_0318.jpg

This is from last year when Gracie was 3:

IMG_0312.jpg

My aunt has a giraffe that she has raised since it was a baby. (Don't worry, she is a professional, she's not one of those weirdo backyard exotic animal hoarders! She also has a bunch of other exotic animals; her farm is a certified, inspected, professional facility and she is world renowned in her field)

I thought you guys might appreciate this picture, it's my aunt feeding a bottle to her giraffe Gracie when she was 10 weeks old:

IMG_0318.jpg

This is from last year when Gracie was 3:

IMG_0312.jpg

WOW, beautiful pics! That is really something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter