Gingerbread house at Grand Floridian

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by nanalisa, Oct 29, 2012.

1. DeluxePrincess

DeluxePrincess <font color=deeppink>Humming the Farm Town song...

:rotfl: Rejected Mom's Panelist, eh? I like your spirit! What do they know? :confused3 ;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

They have lots of employees working on Jan 1, Dec 25 and all the other holidays. What's a few more?

And I have been at the WL when the Christmas tree was up when I went to bed and all the decorations gone when I got up the next morning.

4. JennG

JennG Mouseketeer

Ooohhh! That's when we'll be there!!! Fingers crossed!

5. nanalisa

nanalisa DIS Veteran

That would be the elves.

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Union elves. ;)

7. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

I just had a long talk with someone at the GF, back of house, and she said "technically" it is always set to close 12/31 along with all other Holiday themed events with exception to the Osborne Lights. That is Disney's blanket statement to all inquires about the holidays. She did "unofficially" agree with me that it most likely will still be there 1/1 as it was last year. Now we all know Disney has "elves" working long hours, often overnight, to transform areas quickly. We watched them take down the GF tree after midnight on January 3rd last year. Which was pretty awesome I must say! ;) It's too bad they can't use those elves to turn off the Christmas music in the parks! Isn't that just a big switch somewhere??? :lmao: