Ginger & Tim 10-30-12 CC/SCP; Update--1/2:TR Day 1: Checking into the CS

I still haven't figured out my jewelry yet (will probably end up with a combination of borrowing things from my family and wearing some that I already own), but I have made a bit of headway in the accessory category.

Bag:
Vendor: ANGEEW
il_fullxfull288663742_zpsa1a822861_zpsfe5b57fb.jpg

I fell in love with a Pink and Gold Brocade Clutch that I first came across on the Southern Weddings Blog. The vendor can customize the inside of each purse with a photo, which I thought was too cool for school :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, the bag hasn't arrived yet (supposed to get here tomorrow), but the vendor sent me a preview photo.
icm_fullxfull22195630_svwuboea8ms84o4g8ogo_zps158e5a15a_zps90ac35d1.jpg

Can't wait to see it in person!!

Gloves:
Vendor: My Secret Face
il_570xN294965269_zps95e0d3d21_zps60787f70.jpg

Since my wedding dress has a bit of a vintage feel, I was looking for an element to add that would play that up a bit. I came across this Etsy vendor, and just knew I had to have a pair of her delicate little gloves. I was a bit concerned that they wouldn't look right with my dress since it's blush, but I'll be carrying an all-white bouquet, so I think the gloves will compliment the flowers well.

Welcome Party Shoes:
To go with my new dress I found this pair of Madden Girl Pumps at DSW:
photo_zps4d84f5391_zpsbb1fb737.jpg

They're exactly what I was looking for... sparkly and tall, but not too tall (I look like a baby gazelle when I try to walk in heels that are too tall for me :rotfl:).

As we don't have a lot of options with the design of our wedding cakes on the DCL, I knew I wanted to have a unique cake topper. I was searching the web, when I came across a vendor that made the most adorable custom cake toppers out of clay. I really loved the whimsy in her designs, but also all the little details she incorporated to make it reflect the couple. After working with Sophia, can I just say, "I am so excited about our cake topper!!!" :hyper:

The inspiration for the design came from another cake topper that Sophia had done where the couple's dog was attacking the groom's pant leg. I thought, wouldn't it be funny if we had this lovely beach wedding scene with our 4 pets creating mayhem around Timmy and I.
6a0120a5a10bb3970b0120a7836d9c970b_zpsf7fe32e1.jpeg

Sophia was so fantastic to work with during the creation process. She is so talented, patient, and really works with you to make sure you're happy with the final product. After explaining my ideas to her and sending heaps of photos of Timmy and I + the pets, Sophia incorporated those concepts into a sketch.
icm_fullxfull22072611_77c7mgcgrccogg0so0k4_zps18b364dbd_zps46a712a7.jpg

Once I gave feedback on the sketch, she then returned a colored drawing.
icm_fullxfull22093247_8remy1ymu17wo8ksco8w0_zpse20d43cb.jpg

After approval of the colors, Sophia then sculpted/painted the final product. Before mailing it out though, Sophia sent me photos to verify everything was correct.
il_570xN387027281_8ufm_zps33457ec21_zps2724d61f.jpg

il_570xN387026608_t4ty_zps5c08e50b1_zps789a677b.jpg

il_570xN387025912_jpnc_zps00823cb41_zps9b314ba3.jpg

How cute is that??! :lovestruc I think it turned out so well, and cannot wait for it to arrive!!!

Ginger-

I can't believe your time is about here. This month has really flown by. I love all your gifts,accessories, love the shoes (I just bought a pair of shoes at DSW as well),the cake topper is awesome-I really like it!!! I'm still looking for jewelry-don't know what I want. Your hair is going to look gorgeous! I wish my hair was growing faster!
I'm so excited for you-can't wait to hear and see more!
YAY for Jillian for the soaps!

5 days! wow! ok, First....LOVE all your Etsy items! That is just the best website ever :) Second, I think the braided hairstyle will look great on you, especially with your hair extensions. I love braids too! Third, holy cow what a neat cake topper! They nailed your dress and I love the kitty in the suitcase with the bunnies at your and Timmy's feet. Oh, and i just noticed one bunny has Mickey ears! So cool! Great job incorporating your "kids" :) The lace gloves are gorgeous; the swirl reminds me of waves.. appropriate for your beach ceremony.

Have a safe trip to FL tomorrow! I've so enjoyed following along with your PJ.. cant wait to see all the pics when you get back!

Oh, Ginger! I can't believe you're going to be in town TOMORROW! Since I finally had a day off, I've been soaping like crazy! I'd already had 13 set and ready, and today I made the second half (and then some!!!) You're definitely my driving factor in opening an Etsy shop (I hate to say it, but you're an addict! :rotfl:) So now I'm trying to make a variety of different soaps so I can list some items and open my shop! Thanks for that push! I still feel like I have NO idea what I'm doing, but hopefully I'll figure it out!

Your cake topper is amazing! I was a little skeptical with the first image of another couple's topper... but yours is just PERFECT! It's absolutely darling! I, of course, adore the bunny... okay, I love all of the animals- especially with mickey ears thrown in! And the trunks really tie in your travel theme nicely! I love love love it!

Your robes are so cute! I would've loved getting robes for all of my girls, but I only had one bridesmaid! The flasks are super cute (I mean, manly!) too! I have "Not all who wander are lost" on my bumper! Great idea with the mini bottles of whiskey!

Anyways, I'm totally excited to meet you in a couple days and I am already dying to see your wedding photos :goodvibes (Can I hide in your luggage and come along? Please Please?) I really hope you love your soaps! I think you'll appreciate the tags ;) See you soon!

Ginger,

I can't believe your wedding is almost here. I wish you a save trip to Florida. Try to relax and have fun.

Your cake topper came out super cute, I really love it. Might be an option for us, who knows. I did take down a lot of ideas, especially Esty shops from you!!

I can't wait to read your TR and see wedding photos!! I am so super excited for you!!

Jodi

I have to gush about that cake topper! It is so adorable, I absolutely looove it! It looks so much like the sketch it's amazing. And it's so cute how you've included your pet family members in it too! If I didn't already have a cake topper I might seriously consider contacting the same seller. Love it. :goodvibes

Fantastic update! So many gorgeous details all coming together. I love the handbag, it is pretty. And the bridal party robes--that's yet another thing I should probably add to my to-do list, haha!

Also it was very interesting to hear your experience with the hair extensions. It's something I've been considering myself as well, because my hair is very fine and thin. Do you know how long they last? They look really natural on you, and I can't wait to see how it will all come together in that gorgeous hairstyle on your wedding day! :goodvibes

Just catching up with your PJ. I love your extensions! They are so pretty and match your hair perfectly! They will work great for your inspiration pic! I also love the robes, your purse - so neat, and the gloves - very delicate and beautiful!

And your cake topper is AMAZING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Ginger you've outdone yourself with the Etsy shopping. I love your gloves love love your cake topper its so so cute and the guys flasks and ties very dapper. I know your probably not going to see this till you get back. I hope you and Tim have a wonderful amazing wedding and fabulous honeymoon. I can't wait to hear all about it.

I wanted to tell you before you left, but we were on vacation and I guess I missed you....

Have fun! You're wedding day will go by fast, so enjoy every minute of it! Can't wait to see pictures when you get back! :yay:

You're cake topper is SOO cute!

Just catching up on your last updates & i cant believe how quickly your big day is coming!
I absoutely love your extensions, long hair suits you! And that cake topper is gorgeous! So so cute, she did an amazing job! Also love the havi's hehe very cool & they are the best thongs!!
I wanted to wish you all the happiness & love ! Enjoy your special day :)

I like the extensions, I was thinking about getting them too. It makes me a little nervous to do that though because I have thin hair and I'm scared it will fall out or badly damage my hair.

I love your cake topper, it came out really well.

Ginger, I have been thinking about you! Did you guys set sail? I wondered if anything was going out due to Hurricane Sandy. Hope you are all safe.

Happy Wedding Day!! I hope you're still able to do it at Castaway. Been thinking about you after reading the various reports

Happy Wedding Day Ginger! Hope you are have a safe and amazing trip! Been thinking of you and hoping everything going just as you planned! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter