Gifts for Teenage Guys

Hi Everyone. I hope that everyone is finding some great deals out there.

I have two sons, 17 and 14. They don't typically ask for much of anything, so shopping for them is not easy. I have seen a lot of threads for teen girls, so I thought I would start one for the boys. Maybe we can share some ideas here.

We have gotten a good start so far:

DS 17:
Stereo and speakers for his car-it is a 2001 Escape and we got him an updated bluetooth stereo that will play music from his phone. Got a great deal from Crutchfield.com
Harry Potter book set-he's been asking for years.
Magnetic world map-He LOVES maps
a few shirts from Aeropostle
Aeropostle Cologne that he likes
Led light strip to go into his computer tower

DS14:
Computer parts for him to build his own gaming computer
Harry Potter book set-he wants a set also
A few Aeropostle shirts
Battle Bots Hex Bugs-he loves the show-thought this would be a fun thing
a moveable hand structure from Earthbound Trading

I would love to hear from all of you for your gift ideas for guys!

A couple things I am getting my 18year old son this year...

Spikeball game
American Eagle Clothes
Cologne
New IPhone...actually going to be basically free...overdue upgrade
Large box of SlimJims and Sourpatch Kids candy...his favorites
Tickets to Celtics game
Heated Mattress Pad...been asking for one
Gas gift card
Small gift cards to McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc.
Sperry's

Just picked up my pre-teen the 50% ENO hammock bundle from REI AND got a $20 REI gift card.

And I got him the blow up camping pad deal. The one he has is very thin. I think he will be happier with this one.

I think most teens like gift cards... gas ones if they are lucky enough to have a vehicle. H&M, Aeropostale, A& F, movie theater tix (2: to include a friend), their own warm cuddly throw type blanket...
happy & safe holidays to all!

Hi Everyone.

Boys are so different. Mine are 24, 22, and 14. For example, my kids do not like Harry Potter or Disney, or a lot of mainstream things. Oldest is into skateboarding, second is into motorcycles, and youngest is into gaming.

14 year old birthday is two weeks after Christmas. Last year we let him order all the parts to build his own computer.

This year, we are buying him Rooster Teeth Convention Tickets. There are two conventions each year, February in Sydney or July in Austin. I already booked the hotel for the RTX-Austin in July. Convention tickets do not go on sale until January but he knows this is a Christmas/Birthday gift. Other things he is getting is shirts, cup, lanyard, backpack, and a few other items from the Rooster Teeth website.

He is asking for a new computer monitor and the Hyper Cloud II Gaming headset. The headset is normally around $100 but I found a pair on Black Friday for $65. He was sitting next to me to pick them out of course. The ones around $100 had a color on the side of the headset and the $65 were just solid Gun Metal color.

Oldest is asking for some video camera that skateboarders use to film their skateboard tricks and a new long board (skateboard). Second one wants motorcycle wind pants. I just bought him a new tire for his motorcycle this week since he got a screw in the tire. I ordered the 2nd one the new Google Pixel cell phone since his phone has a few cracks and was eligible for an upgrade.

My boys don't ask for much either so I have to ask them specifically what they want. They all three agree they do not want "filler gifts" like a calendar, etc.

All three do like Ice Hockey and they go to a few games per season. The concerts the oldest like are in the summer and not on sale yet. He goes to the festivals that are all day or all weekend with various bands like the "Vans Warped Tours." So I went to the Warped Tour website and ordered a couple t-shirts.

Last edited:
Oldest just told me he wants nothing for Christmas or his birthday (in Feb) but money, so that he can get the new Nintendo Gaming system (Switch?) in March.

DawnM: Atleast you are being told What he wants lol
maybe to make it a little fun u can be crafty... I've placed money in Ice, got lots of singles taped end to end in a tissue box, did a clue game ( that one was my fav)
and even did origami once ( which I'd never do again )
Enjoy the holidays!

Mine has asked for and will be getting-

Lacrosse net and trainer
Some new lacrosse gear
Blackhawks hoodie
Basketball shirt/ hoodie
New monitor for gaming
Pay someone to finish building gaming computer-DD's BF passed down a partially built one. DS got the rest of the parts for his bday but I do not feel qualified to finish what needs to be done.

Traditional gifts he always gets-
Barnes & Noble gc
Pjs
Goofy calendar
Some kind of odd office toy, an offbeat stocking stuffer of some kind

My 13 yr old is asking for a gaming monitor. I know I need with one with a good refresh rate (under 5ms). What brand and size are you getting for your teen gamers?

He has also asked for mostly PS4 games and one PC game. New Ps4 controller, a new headset, a new gaming keyboard, and a yeti cup. Say's he doesn't want filler gifts (not that I saved any money by leaving out the fillers.LOL) I am thinking about picking up a mini racing drone for both my kids.

ds16
.22 rifle (not everyone's thing but he Target shoots and is considering competing)
Steam Link and controller (this allows him to stream from the computer to a TV in the house)
Steam card
work boots and warm socks
clothes from American Eagle and Hollister
cologne from American Eagle
electric razor

ds13- super easy, this year he is very into basketball and has requested a bunch of b-ball stuff
Sneakers (Jordan's or custom ones)
2 basketball jerseys
Adidas training pants
UA undershirts
Lebron basketball
lamp for his room (basketball themed)
Favorite player tchotchke for his room
posters
other favorite players poster

For my teenage boy cousins, I have done headphones, Dairy Queen gift cards, baseball caps of their favorite teams, movies, driving gloves for the ones sixteen and older (or the ones that let you text while wearing them-hopefully not while driving though!)

When they were in their younger teens, I did candy/jerky gift boxes from target or soccer/ basket balls for the ones that did sports

-sneakers
-gift cards (American Eagle, Footlocker)
-basketball shirt

Hi Everyone. I hope that everyone is finding some great deals out there.

I have two sons, 17 and 14. They don't typically ask for much of anything, so shopping for them is not easy. I have seen a lot of threads for teen girls, so I thought I would start one for the boys. Maybe we can share some ideas here.

We have gotten a good start so far:

DS 17:
Stereo and speakers for his car-it is a 2001 Escape and we got him an updated bluetooth stereo that will play music from his phone. Got a great deal from Crutchfield.com
Harry Potter book set-he's been asking for years.
Magnetic world map-He LOVES maps
a few shirts from Aeropostle
Aeropostle Cologne that he likes
Led light strip to go into his computer tower

DS14:
Computer parts for him to build his own gaming computer
Harry Potter book set-he wants a set also
A few Aeropostle shirts
Battle Bots Hex Bugs-he loves the show-thought this would be a fun thing
a moveable hand structure from Earthbound Trading

I would love to hear from all of you for your gift ideas for guys!

Mine has asked for and will be getting-

Lacrosse net and trainer
Some new lacrosse gear
Blackhawks hoodie
Basketball shirt/ hoodie
New monitor for gaming
Pay someone to finish building gaming computer-DD's BF passed down a partially built one. DS got the rest of the parts for his bday but I do not feel qualified to finish what needs to be done.

Traditional gifts he always gets-
Barnes & Noble gc
Pjs
Goofy calendar
Some kind of odd office toy, an offbeat stocking stuffer of some kind

This is the first year that lacrosse things are not the majority of wanted and needed things! I should go ahead and get him some new heads-he broke 5-6 last spring during the season.

My 13 yr old is asking for a gaming monitor. I know I need with one with a good refresh rate (under 5ms). What brand and size are you getting for your teen gamers?

He has also asked for mostly PS4 games and one PC game. New Ps4 controller, a new headset, a new gaming keyboard, and a yeti cup. Say's he doesn't want filler gifts (not that I saved any money by leaving out the fillers.LOL) I am thinking about picking up a mini racing drone for both my kids.

We bought all of the computer components last weekend for my son to build his computer. (We bought some and each grandparent bought something for it also. My son put in some of his own money as well.) It is not a surprise gift and we let him go ahead and build the PC after everything was purchased. We did not want to have everything sitting and waiting a month to know that it all worked ok.

We got a 24" Acer LED KG series gaming moniter. The boys picked it out along with a guy from MicroCenter (This is where both of my kids picked all the part to build their own gaming computers--they also have an online store Microcenter.com. Super helpful guys that walked us through the store and hand picked each item with my guys). They said that 144HZ is the most important part of how to pick it. It was $229.00 on sale for $200.

I got a gaming mouse and keyboard from Amazon, on separate orders. Both were on the "lightning deals". Both are back lit with changing LED colors. I spent about $20-$25 on them combined.

Both of my guys asked for no filler gifts also. I have more expensive gifts, so they won't have as much to open this year, but the things I have gotten so far will all be used, hopefully. The only filler type things I will get this year will be stocking stuffers-candy and stuff like that.

When my son was a teenager all he wanted was guitars or guitar related accessories. Twenty years later he still plays with the same instruments.
Have you ever thought about getting a musical instrument and lessons that go with it? A musical instrument and learning one, can be an achievement of a lifetime.

When my son was a teenager all he wanted was guitars or guitar related accessories. Twenty years later he still plays with the same instruments.
Have you ever thought about getting a musical instrument and lessons that go with it? A musical instrument and learning one, can be an achievement of a lifetime.
I agree completely with you. My 14 year old has 3 guitars and took lessons for about 5 years. He took a break from lessons this year when he started high school. It is a great idea for guys!

My DS is 16 yrs old.
He wanted new rims for his truck, so he is getting those.
Clemson license plate for truck
Clemson t-shirt
Vineyard Vine t-shirt
Vineyard Vine polo
Vineyard Vine belt, hat, socks
L.L. Bean duck boot keychain
Washington State University sweatshirt
Yeti cup (black w/Clemson logo)
phone chargers & ear buds as stocking stuffers
Chickfila calendar (for the coupon card)
I do want to purchase misc gift cards from fast food restaurants he goes to like Chickfila, Panera Bread, Taco Bell, etc...

We got one for my son a few years ago for his birthday. We got him an Asus. The refresh rate is 1ms. It was his only gift. I think it was around $270.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter