Gifts for Room

Kara

Mouseketeer
I'd like to do a couple surprise gifts for my kids when we arrive..do I contact AKL CL or an outside company? Any ideas or links appreciated! I have 2 boys, ages 12 and 8.

Perhaps Disney Dollars attached to a t-shirt purchased at your local Disney Store. Covers some spending money and a new t-shirt for the trip. I have 4 dd's, so I did stuffed Mickey's holding snacks, sunglasses, beach towels, beach bags. All with a Disney theme. HTH! :flower3:

disneyflorist.com has always been great, but sometimes they can be late in delivery if you arrive before 2-3pm

They always do a great job, but if you'd like it in the room before you arrive, you might want to note that on the order. We've seemed to have a 50/50 rate of their showing up before 5-6pm.

I've seen some people give rave reviews about this lady:

http://www.memoriesbybetsy.com/Memories_by_Betsy/Welcome.html

but I've personally never used her - just saved her site in my favorites just in case or as a may use :)

Good Luck!!!

We used Disney Florist for the first time last year and were very satified with the order. Granted it was a bit pricey but anything like that would be. We ordered the Disney Bag with chips and a little Stuffed Mickey mouse. We also had our name embroided(sp?) on the bag. It was cute and the woman who helped me on the phone was just so nice. I think it came with tax and delivery to about $85. I wanted it to be placed in the room but when we arrived the girl at the desk told my DD7 that she was holding something for her. Not exactly what I planned but my DD7 didn't know the difference and was happy. And yes I would use them again:)

Disney florist does some cute things...BE aware they do not place ANYTHING in the rooms before for your arrival.They deliver it to your room after you have checked in.

Disney florist does some cute things...BE aware they do not place ANYTHING in the rooms before for your arrival.They deliver it to your room after you have checked in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if you stayed CL (which the OP is) that it could be put in your room prior to arrival.

Just a thought if you're on a budget, or have a little OCD (like me)... Check out Disney's Online Store or your local Disney Store for bargains and store them away until you get closer to the date. Assemble a nice basket before hand, and ship it to your resort. Or just send it to assemble there. If you pre-assemble for CL - let the concierge know it's coming - put it to their attention, with your room number/kids name on the note inside, and have it waiting in the room for your arrival.

Last year we drove down, and each day when the kids started getting restless, I had a mystery brown bag they got to pick. Inside was an activity book or sticker pack - something fun, and a new movie to watch on the DVD player (some were reruns from home we brought along, but mostly all disney flicks). When we got to disney, they had disney PJs and new stuffed goofy/mickeys - hats and t's to wear (something each day). It saved us on having to buy the expensive things in the gift shops, but still made our trip extra-mickey special. And because I watched the sales, I don't think I paid more than $5 for anything, even the stuffed toys were a special BOGO offer.

One idea, if you are staying at AKL in particular is to contact the resort. They have several unique items they can make through the resort chefs. It's a special room service category. I dont recall the number but the resort will connect you.

One item they had which was really neat is a chocolate logo. It's a little AKL sign they hand make out of chocolate. but it also comes with severla chocolate animals. It ALSO come sona display tray with some cookies. the cookies are the same ones you can get elsewhere inthe resort - including the Club level inteh afternoon. So it's tiny bit redundant onthe cookies. REmember that on club level you also get daily chocolates on your pillow every day.

I mean how mcuh chocolate can you eat ina day? And in the warm months, bringing chocolate home from Orlando be a challenge - you can't leave it outside in a suitcase AT ALL or you'll have a BIG mess! (or even in a car trunk!) I've learned that the hard way!

Still the chocolate logo and animals are REALLY unique!

They also have several other special offerings. I know chocolate covered strawberries was another item, but here were others. The choices were a little pricey, but not out of line compared to the florist offerings or other WDW prices.

You can also order them while you are there, but I think they need 24hours notice to prep them, as they are handcrafted by the amazing pastry chefs!

In 2008 our dd & dsil took us to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a 7 night stay to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We were not CL but were on the Zebra Trail Savanna side of hotel. I called the Disney Florist and had them deliver the wine basket for them to celebrate there anniversary also. For our dgs &dgd we ordered the Mickey and Minnie Halloween Pumpkins. I got my Husband a snack tote bag. Everything was waiting for us in the 2 bedroom suite upon our arrival. The florist did a great job and everyone was pleased with their surprises.
Yes, a bit pricey but a cute Thank-you gift.
Like I said that was in 2008 so maybe they have changed since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter