Gifts for characters?

Mrs.Hades

Earning My Ears
Hey Guys!

So my 6yr old daughter has started making rainbow loom bracelets for some of the characters - is this allowed?

In general, the characters can receive small gifts (but no food or money). They will usually hand them off to the character handler (because they don't have anywhere to store the gifts - in other words, no pockets) afterwards.

A friend of mine's son drew Mickey Mouse a picture and they gave it to him when they saw him at DCA. I guess Mickey made a really big deal out of it and her son was so happy that Mickey loved his picture! The CM did keep it, but I don't know if Mickey was able to take it home with him or not.

A friend of mine's son drew Mickey Mouse a picture and they gave it to him when they saw him at DCA. I guess Mickey made a really big deal out of it and her son was so happy that Mickey loved his picture! The CM did keep it, but I don't know if Mickey was able to take it home with him or not.

So cute!!!

Hey Guys!

So my 6yr old daughter has started making rainbow loom bracelets for some of the characters - is this allowed?

I have no idea but what a lovely idea. Please tell me Cinderella's will be blue and white, Aurora's pink etc etc. That would be charming.

I think it is cute that your child wants to do this BUT ...

Maybe I am cynical. But what do you think will happen to these gifts at the end of the day? My guess ... they will end up in the trash. I can't imagine that a college kid would really keep these.

I've seen characters without handlers leave stage with the gift and then the rest of the line misses out on getting to meet them. I think it's a little selfish when people make plans to get extra attention from a character while others wait for just an autograph or just a quick picture because they are aways out for a limited amount of time. Forcing them to possibly abandon their meet n greet time altogether is really unfair to everyone else.

I've heard from a friend who used to work in WDW that a lot of the characters get gifts, and they keep them especially the pictures. He said that the characters really love the gifts, so I say go ahead and make them.

Edited to add: they keep the pictures on bulletin boards.

We made a count-down chain for my son when we went earlier this year. He had put a sticker and his name on every link. Each day leading up to our vacation we took a link of off and saved it for our trip. Then when we got to Disneyland he gave those links out to some of the characters he met who seemed to really enjoy getting the gift. The handlers were always the ones to end up with it but it was a cute memory for us.

My son gave Drizella a ring pop, and she LOVED it, and put it on and ate it.
I say go for it

The characters do get to keep their gifts after. I have seen some wonderful displays that character friends have made with art that was given to them throughout the years.

Last year at Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios, a young boy had drawn a (pretty decent!) picture of Chewbacca. When it was finally his turn, he handed it to Chewbacca and after Chewbacca used motions to confirm that it was for him, he put it in his bag and gave the kid a big hug. It was so cute! All of us at the front of the line who got to watch this were ahhh'ing :)

I hand out a very specific rare disney villain pin gift to CMs and they cannot keep them, I always see them on the attraction counters/control stations/ they cannot pocket them but must carry them to control area in the park as I asked on a very slow Snow white morning, where I could sit and talk to the cm waiting for the next riders, why they can't pocket the gifts/ one of kind pins.

Last year my daughter brought a picture (with sequins and glitter) for Anna and Elsa - the sisters were super excited and had a treasure box off to the side where they put it. Super cute!

I say go for it - giving a character drawings, and/or homemade bracelets/crafts is perfect. Giving them gifts of monetary value is where it probably crosses the line for Disney.

The only time we've given gifts are when we're at Minnie's and my boyfriend is drawing the characters to have them autograph them, and they've asked to take them home with them. Then we've seen.. ahem, "really good best friends" with them instagramming the drawings he's done. As far as the few CMs we've met and talked with outside of the park they really love the special things they get.

My daughter just finished being a character attendant at WDW and she said the characters love the gifts, especially the college kids. What a great memento of your time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter