Gift Shop, spend $50 get a discount.

JimGA

DIS Veteran
Everytime we go to the WDW Parks there is always an offer in the resort gift shops if you spend $50 they have an item or items to choose from at a discounted price. Does DCL gift shops do this too?

If so, what kind of things were discounted in the past?:scratchin

(first time crusier)

Our last cruise it was a DCL themed throw/blanket, or a rolling duffle bag. It was black with the DCL cruise logo on it. We got both.. Still use the throw all the time. :thumbsup2

No discount for using Disney Visa in the on board shops.

In Nov. and Dec., there was a discount for 3 things with a $30 purchase. One was a DCL watch, one was a plush ship with Captain Mickey and 2 other characters, and I don't remember the 3rd but it might have been a towel.

They also have mystery pins for $2.99 that are DCL only.

Nancy

No discount for using Disney Visa in the on board shops.

In Nov. and Dec., there was a discount for 3 things with a $30 purchase. One was a DCL watch, one was a plush ship with Captain Mickey and 2 other characters, and I don't remember the 3rd but it might have been a towel.

They also have mystery pins for $2.99 that are DCL only.

Nancy

Cool, thanks!

Our last cruise it was a DCL themed throw/blanket, or a rolling duffle bag. It was black with the DCL cruise logo on it. We got both.. Still use the throw all the time. :thumbsup2

We got an awesome throw blanket from WDW when they had the deal at the resorts.

So glad they do this on the cruise ships as well!

Is the offer on all the time, or just select days? Trying to pre plan my spending!

I think the offer is all the time, but I might not be the best person to ask. I usually browse the stores a couple times, but try not to buy too much. We did take the offer last time and got a really nice beach towel.

We got a discounted DCL watch on the dream last year in October. They still had hem when we went on the dream in February.

I got the DCL rolling duffel bag as well. When I got to WDW afterwards, they had the same thing but with WDW logos on it. I like the DCL version a lot better.

The only % off discounts are the gold/platinum 10% discount or if you are a CM. No annual pass, dvc, or visa discounts. Someone can correct me if I am wrong on this but I believe there is no sales tax on CC or in the gift shops. But on CC there is no gold/platinum discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter