Gift ideas for surprise dream cruise?

twinone

Mouseketeer
For christmas were giving my DD, DS and there cousins a dream cruise in Jan, I wanted to do something cute to give them xmas morning to tell them, any ideas? I was trying to find some type of photo template that I could insert there faces but no luck online so far. Thanks!

Maybe you could make a short video telling them the surprise. Wrap it up with a note attached that says play me or something.

Have you been reading the recent thread about a man surprising his wife with a cruise for her birthday. People have been giving a few good suggestions on that thread. I liked the one about creating treasure hunt. I haven't heard of any templates though. :)

We surprised our kids last year.I bought a small ship,a micky mouse shirt with a ship on it,and some other clue gifts.We made them guess.They were clueless and I was sooo excited I just had to blurt out WERE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!!:cool1:

We are going to surprise our kids with our January cruise also. I bought a SteamBoat Willie ornament and will hang it on the tree Christmas eve. The last present they unwrap will have a little poem like this.

Search for the ornament on the tree
And if you find it you will see
There is a trip planned for you
Try to figure out what you will do.

I am still working on it but thats the gist of it.

We are doing the treasure hunt & we have a model of the Magic as the "treasure." We will be "opening" it Christmas Eve. I CAN'T wait!!!

ETA: We are going on our cruise in Feb.

Thanks for the ideas, still working on finding something with photos that is printable for the wall...if not maybe I'll go the treasure hunt route

We did a scavenger hunt 2 years ago to announce to the kids (mine and their cousins) that we were going to disney world (cousins first trip) it was great, my sister planned it, and I just knew that the older kids would figure it out with some of the clues, but no! They ended up in the den with a huge box waiting on them, when the ripped the wrapping off, a GIANT Mickey balloon floated out, the squeals were priceless!!

We did a cruise last year and for Christmas we gave my girls three small boxes:

(1) matchbox car
(2) a picture of a girl pointing at her rib
(3) dried kidney bean

They spent most of the day trying to figure it out.....finally I gave them box number four (a little lego boat)....they had fun guessing all day.

Get it?
Car-Rib-Bean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter