Gift ideas for surprise cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sorceressk, Feb 27, 2013.

1. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any creative ideas of a Disney cruise gift/trinket I can get to give my grandmother and sister to tell them we are going on a Disney cruise as a gift to them? Gift ideas can be on the ship or off.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Fielhol

Fielhol Mouseketeer

Do they have a pandora type bracelet? I got a charm of the Disney cruise ship for my bracelet. It's not pandora, but Chamelia, I think??

4. Silly Little Pixie

Silly Little Pixie <font color=blue>My name is Inigo Montoya. You kil

You could get them a pin from the ports you will visit. You could buy them on eBay if you won't be on the ship before that.

5. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

i'm doing a simple thing and wrapping up the dvd that you can order from dcl and I stopped at a t.a. and picked up the broucher on dcl cruises. I figured that they can get excited and explore the ship options all in one gift. plus, it cost me nothing so bonus!
    i'll be monitoring this thread though just to see if there are any really great ideas that I may have to 'borrow'. :thumbsup2

6. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

I seen a post where a mom gave her kids little things for a few weeks like Disney characters, Disney candy, Disney movies, ships, things from the Caribbean then after the few weeks she asked them to put it all together and guess what she was trying to tell them. She said it was a blast and was driving her kids crazy. :drive::furious:

7. chris31997

chris31997 Disney Kid at Heart

For Christmas, the family will get gifts that they can use on the Alaska cruise. It should be fun to see their expressions when they get a thermal shirt, hat, gloves. Where we live they have no need for it:rotfl: Might get a Tervis for everyone also and some pins.

The cruise is their main gift and a Graduation gift. :goodvibes

8. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Lol! This will be so cute. They will be thrilled!

9. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Great ideas! Keep them coming!!

10. californiamomofboys

californiamomofboys Mouseketeer

don't forget the option of having the character phone call informing them of the cruise. that's how we always surprise our family.

11. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Ooooo! I HAD forgotten abt that choice!! Great idea!!

12. ssc021796

ssc021796 Earning My Ears

I got the aquaduck vinylmation and had a friend pick up a post card from CC. Wrapping those up for my daughters birthday.....then I don't have to keep it a secret anymore!

13. ShellB8585

ShellB8585 Mouseketeer

I am surprising my hubby (who knows we're going to Barcelona - cruise is 4 night med) on the morning of the cruise, we're going to go for a sunrise picnic breakfast - which he doesn't know about yet.

I'm hoping we will be able to see the ship come in but have been unsuccesful in finding out if we will or not. & I will have something in the picnic bag to find - not sure on that detail yet :goodvibes

14. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Omg that is so awesome

15. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Maybe a bottle of fairy tale cuvée champagne?? And ur cruise passes??

16. ShellB8585

ShellB8585 Mouseketeer

good thinking. :thumbsup2

17. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Any other ideas??

18. JenBill5

JenBill5 Mouseketeer

19. pearlieq

pearlieq <font color=green>They can sit & spin<br><font col

When we surprised some friends we did the box inside a box inside a box present.

It wound up pretty cute. We dragged out this massive box that had beach towels and another box inside. In the next box was sunscreen and a smaller box, and so on... In the very last teeny-tiny box we put one of the DCL bus toys (the ones that look like matchbox cars--they were sold in a set of 3 vehicles, last I saw them).

20. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

We surprised our kids at Christmas, had a big box wrapped up with DCL t shirts and Captain Mickey, Minnie Goofey and Donald duck all in their sailors outfit (ebay)

On the top we had an envelope, on the outside it said "When You Wish Upon a Star" On the inside I had made all of us faux tickets with each person name on it, stateroom #, cruise dates, some DCL logos. I printed it out on photo paper and attached them to a magnet, they will be part of our door decoration. plus the faux tickets are on the fridge now, daily reminder of our up coming cruise.:cool1:

21. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Aw so creative! Luv all these ideas!