Gift Card Question

LMichelleee

"Frying pans... who knew, right?"
So for Christmas I ended up with $200 worth of Visa gift cards and I was intending on using these for our vacation in May. I was reading the terms and noticed that restaurants authorize your card for 20% more your bill total, then 3-7 days later the actual balance is adjusted. Kind of a pain, but I see why they do this. My question is in order to avoid this, should I just use the Visa gift cards to purchase Universal gift cards and then use those at restaurants? I see on the gift card FAQs that they are accepted at most locations, but I just wanted to see if anyone has actual experience. ;) I'd like to be able to use them at Mythos, The Kitchen, CityWalk, and counter service restaurants throughout both parks. Thanks! :goodvibes

I called Universal and spoke with the nicest employee in the gift card department. Gift cards are accepted throughout the park with the exception on certain carts, such as hair braiding. They are also accepted at the resorts, including the restaurants. Most CityWalk restaurants and shops accept them too with the exception of the tattoo place, bk burger bar, and a couple of other places. Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter