Gift Card Granny?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by NewWorld Traveler, Nov 27, 2010.

1. NewWorld Traveler

NewWorld Traveler Earning My Ears

I recently saw information which said you can buy gift cards below face value at Gift Card Granny.com or Plastic Jungle.com. Has anyone used these sites before? Just checking to see if this is a scam or legitimate business.

2. ebert

ebert Animation Addict

I saw this too on a local news program. Despite the fact that most things that are too good to be true usually are - in this case, it seems to be the real deal. I tried it myself after some consternation and everything worked out as advertised.

I was going to send you to some places for more information, but the forums won't let me post any links yet. Sorry!

3. ebert

ebert Animation Addict

OK I think I can post those resources for you now...

Here are a few links to help calm any fears you may have about this legitimacy of it all:
    - Wikipedia entry on Gift Cards mentions third-party brokers.
    - Article on a popular Mommy-Blog about it
    - Article on a popular fashion magazine about one of the sites
    - One of the site's pages explaining how it all works
    - A whole bunch of news articles from VERY reliable sources (tech crunch, NYT, etc..) talking about Plastic Jungle
    - LA Times article that suggests two of these sites (near bottom of article)
    - Washington Post article about the concept

As you can see, these aren't just fly-by-night operations. They've been covered in every major media outlet from coast to coast. I hope that answers your question and relieves some of your concerns.