Gift Baskets through Disney Vacation Planning (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by krispin41, Jul 17, 2012.

1. krispin41

krispin41 DIS Veteran

So many of you may remember that I ordered an In-Room Celebration for our first anniversary last year (pics of which are in my signature). This year, I decided to order a gift basket to have in the room upon our arrival for my husband's birthday.

I decided on Chocolate Lovers Delight which is described as: This basket contains temptations of a dark, sweet nature. Everyone’s favorite, chocolate, manifests itself in several yummy varieties for the sweet tooth in all of us! Recommended for ages 3 to adult.

Here is what it looked like when it was delivered:

[​IMG]

And here are all the contents laid out:

[​IMG]

There was a bag of chocolate covered raisins, chocolate covered malt balls, and chocolate covered caramel squares, chocolate coins in the shape of a Mickey icon, box of chocolates and a 3-pack of chocolate bars, and a Mickey plush.

Then to apologize for a room issue, the hotel also delivered this basket, which seems like the Mickey's Coffee Club basket. "Guests need not forsake the enjoyment of a good cup of coffee during their stay at the Disneyland Resort. This basket features a bounty of flavored coffee and accompaniments that will satisfy the most distinctive connoisseurs! A very vintage looking Disney mug completes this collection. "

[​IMG]

And all the contents laid out:

[​IMG]

The same chocolate items as above, with the addition of two cute Mickey travel mugs, a can of coffee, a tin of Disney "Altoids." Chocolate covered espresso beans (in the jar) under Mickey's right foot, some coffee-infused chocolate drops (underneath Mickey's left foot.) and a box of Disney Shortbread Cookies (made by Walkers of Scotland, which are AMAZING.)

The plush in each basket is the same, I actually wound up giving the second plush to a young girl (3 years old maybe?) in our shuttle van on our ride to the airport. Her Mom was so excited and actually teared up, because she said, she didn't get her daughter anything because she ran out of money. (And I am sure everyone can relate to that.) (They had met up with her husband who was in town for a convention.) So of course I teared up too, but it was so exciting to spread some Disney magic to a little girl who said her favorite thing was visiting Mickey at his house! :goodvibes:wizard:

Here are the two baskets together:

[​IMG]

It's a shame, but I had to leave the actual baskets behind because we just had no room.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jazzatola

jazzatola Are we there yet???

Thanks for sharing! I love how you gave the plush to the little girl :) that was very sweet of you!!

4. Girimama33

Girimama33 "I've disgraced the forces of evil."

That is really neat! Thanks for sharing.

5. disneydreamer74

disneydreamer74 DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the pics. I ordered the chocolate lovers basket a few years ago and it has changed a little. We also received a bag of pretzels, but did not get the Mickey ears coins. I like that addition! Having now seen the coffee basket I think I may order that! I think it was nice that they sent an extra basket due to the room mix up! :goodvibes

6. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

I agree! :goodvibes

7. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

OMG I &#9829; that coffee mug...I HAVE to have it:rotfl:...btw...if you have a Costco near you...you can get a HUGE tin of those shortbread cookies...my aunt gives me and my daughter a smaller tin each for christmas every year...they are dangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrous!!

8. theworldneedscolor

theworldneedscolor DIS Veteran

How much do the baskets cost?

9. JadeDarkstar

JadeDarkstar Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

ive asked for a list emailed the disney land site three times got nothing yet. would nay one here have a recent list with prices?

10. krispin41

krispin41 DIS Veteran

The smaller basket was $78. I'm not sure how much the bigger one was as it was sent by the hotel to apologise for not getting the room we had requested (three times).

11. theworldneedscolor

theworldneedscolor DIS Veteran

Darn, that's a little pricier than I had hoped. I was thinking more like 50 or 60.

12. krispin41

krispin41 DIS Veteran

Also Jade, I have had better luck getting things emailed to me if I call directly and talk to a live person. The Disney Dream Maker phone is 714-781-4438

13. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

Our first trip is coming up to DL this October. Sadly, I couldn't convince DH to spend the money on an on-site hotel, so we're staying at GNH. Can we do this too? It will be five years in October since we first met and I'd like to do something special as well.

PS: Love the mugs!!!!!!

14. Minuet888

Minuet888 DIS Veteran

So the Coffee basket comes with the coffee stuff AND the chocolate stuff too??

15. krispin41

krispin41 DIS Veteran

Yes, it had all the same candy, with the addition of the mug and coffee and mints.

16. krispin41

krispin41 DIS Veteran

Yes, I believe these can be sent to a GNH, however, they wouldn't be able to set it up in room, but available for pick up at the front desk.

17. XGrumpy1

XGrumpy1 DIS Veteran

What a way to make that trip extra special! I will have to think about trying this for our November trip. Thanks for sharing!

18. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

Where can I order these or other baskets?

19. krispin41

krispin41 DIS Veteran

The phone number for the Disney Dream Makers is posted earlier in this thread. (I am on my phone, so difficult for me to cut & paste.)

20. DocsBabydoll

DocsBabydoll Earning My Ears

I just got this list yesterday. The only things I asked for was the baskets because I'm staying at a Good Neighbor hotel.

"We only have the gift baskets that can be sent to the good neighbor hotels. The In Room Celebrations can only be set up at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels. The Pirate Treasure chest can be purchased at any of the full service restaurants inside the two theme parks and three Disneyland Resort hotels. Just ask your server and they will bring it out to you."

To set up the gift basket at the hotel, please call our office at 714-300-7526 option 2.

If you are staying at a DL hotel and want them to email you a better list:
    vacationplanning@disneyonline(dot)com

Hope this is helpful! :)

*********************************************** party:

Disney-Themed Amenities

*Merchandise and pricing are subject to change without notice.

Mickey Ears to You Amenity (in Youth or Adult sizes)

A wonderfully welcomed surprise for Guests enjoying their first Disney adventures. One set of official ears with sweets, an autograph book, and pen make this a must for those seeking character signatures! Available in classic black ears.

Recommended for ages 3 and over.

Youth/Adult: $33 plus tax and delivery

With a Mickey $45.95 plus tax and delivery

Minnie Ears to you with Minnie Plush

Minnie Mouse has a welcome surprise for Guest to enjoy their first Disney Adventures. One set of Minnie Mouse ears with sweets, an autograph book and pen along with a plush doll to cuddle with.

Recommended for ages 3 and over

$52 plus tax and delivery

Marvelous Mickey

Mickey has worked his magic again with a basket for kids of the younger set. This amenity provides everything needed to make a visit more magical! From activities to treats, everything a young boy could wish for is included!

Recommended for ages 3-12.

$102 plus tax and delivery

Marvelous Minnie

Similar to the Marvelous Mickey, this basket features touches from the diva of mice herself. Everything a young girl needs to enjoy her visit! From activities to treats, everything a young girl could wish for is included!

Recommended for ages 3-12.

$100 plus tax and delivery

For the Princess

This amenity includes the necessities for any Princess… which include a crown, sweets, Princess autograph book and pen.

$29 plus tax and delivery

With Princess Minnie: $43 plus tax and delivery

Princess Fairytale Collection

Princesses in training will truly appreciate this royal tote. From activities to treats, everything a young princess could wish for is included!

$100 plus tax and delivery

Tinkerbell’s Treasures

Pouting, jealous yet good-hearted Tinkerbell has created her own offering, designed to spread a little pixie dust in anyone’s life.

$111 plus tax and delivery

Happy Birthday Basket

This amenity is just bursting with magic! Complete with a Happy Birthday Ear Hat, and other birthday mementos, this amenity is sure to please our special birthday Guests.

$70 plus tax and delivery

Mickey’s Cooler Pack

What better way to start your Disneyland adventure than with this snack lover’s survival kit! Enjoy some of your favorite treats with a little bit of character in a reusable tote.

Recommended for all ages.

$55 plus tax and delivery

With a Disney-themed towel $75 plus tax and delivery

Mickey and Minnie’s Welcome basket

The welcome basket is a perfect collection to commemorate a vacation. Delicious treats, a photo frame and other keepsakes create a complete package to celebrate one’s time at Disneyland.

$108 plus tax and delivery

Chocolate Lovers Delight

This basket contains temptations of a dark, sweet nature. Everyone’s favorite, chocolate, manifests itself in several yummy varieties for the sweet tooth in all of us!

Recommended for ages 3 to adult.

$76 plus tax and delivery

Mickey’s Coffee Club

Guests need not forsake enjoyment of a good cup of coffee during their stay at the Disneyland® Resort. This basket features a bounty of flavored coffees and accompaniments that will satisfy the most distinctive connoisseurs. A Disney travel mug completes this collection.

Recommended for ages 16 and over.

$63 plus tax and delivery

With additional mug: $76 plus tax and delivery

Escape to Wonderland

Relax and enjoy this spa indulgence for the mind and body. From the soothing bath spa items to the sweet treats, you will escape to wonderland.

Recommended for ages 16- adult

$164 plus tax and delivery

A Wedding Toast

What better way to celebrate that special occasion than with a toast from the first couple of Disney themselves! This delightful amenity includes a Mickey groom and Minnie bride plush accompanied by a delectable white chocolate bottle!

Recommended for honeymoon couples and anniversaries.

$60 plus tax and delivery

Mickey’s Wedding Package

A perfect memento for a perfect occasion. Guests celebrating their nuptials or on their honeymoon will appreciate this gift offering sweets for sweethearts and a special frame for a memorable moment.

$86 plus tax and delivery

Mickey’s Ultimate Wedding Package

Ready for an upgrade? Consider this beautiful package of items featuring Mickey and Minnie as a wedding couple, a keepsake frame, and more!

$119 plus tax and delivery

21. DisneylandPlanner

DisneylandPlanner Mouseketeer

So I just found out the deliver to our hotel!
    I think the un-birthday cake sounds interesting. I can not find a pic anywhere. I can not even image what it looks like.