Gift basket for kids: What to put in it?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by yazee1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. yazee1

yazee1 <font color=teal>It sounds like we broke the ship!

We are cruising for the first time with our three children who will be 10, 7 and 4 years old at the time of the cruise. I would love to order a gift ensemble for each of the kids, but I can't decide what to ask have included. I was thinking Disney toiletries for sure, binoculars, sports bottles, snacks and treats (so I don't have to buy them ahead of time and tote them on board in our luggage), not sure about sand/water toys, lanyards for their cards, waterproof disposable cameras. One one hand I could think of a million things, on the other, I'm not sure what's overkill. Any suggestions on this? TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. marie2004

marie2004 Earning My Ears

Have Shirley put the gift in a Sand-Bucket, there are 3 smaller sand toys too, great for making sand castles, my son used these on each island! I had her put in water shoes too. Have fun!

4. mamalle

mamalle DIS Veteran

I did my own for our trip this weekend and went to Target for my buckets and goodies.- I put in disposible cameras, goggles, bubbles, disney snacks, beach balls, water balls, sand toys, coloring books, crayons, small princess toy and a power ranger toy. I found colored celephone wrap at the dollar tree and put their names on their buckets. They came out really cute. I cant wait to see their faces. I have them packed and ready to go. :earsboy:

5. deedz

deedz a real wicked witch

I too am making my own, I went to Disney Store and found tons of stuff on the clearance racks, from xmas... mini towels, toys, t-shirts, cups, candies, then hit the mall for bubbles, coloring books, autograph book, fat pen, beach stuff, sunglasses, pirate lego's and more.... Walmart is having huge clearance sales in all departments too.
    I stuffed it all in a beach bucket from Dollar store, and wrapped the whole thing in cellophane then bought a disney card welcoming DD, from Mickey & Minnie and the gang. Pretty easy and relatively cheap (under $30).

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

6. BaileyEvanH

BaileyEvanH Earning My Ears

Could you guys please tell me how you pack sand buckets? I would love to do my own, but can't imagine sneaking something like that in my luggage. Help me out guys! any suggestions? :goodvibes

7. TiggerInNY

TiggerInNY Seize the Day

I'm interested, too. That sounds like a great idea. I know the sand buckets will come in handy. We're on the special Western with 2 stops at CC. And with more than a year until we cruise, I'll have plenty enough time to sock away stuff for them. Two boys, 10 and 6 when we cruise.

Thanks for the ideas and am very curious how to pack this stuff and fly to Florida with them. It's probably a lot easier if you drive to FL.

Can't wait to hear from all you creative people out there.

TiggerInNY,
    Maria :cheer2:

8. yazee1

yazee1 <font color=teal>It sounds like we broke the ship!

We're driving. I know I could make do the ensemble myself but it's the idea of it being in the room when we get there that I like. It's going to be awfully hard to hide them on the way down.

9. goofyshell

goofyshell DIS Veteran

Don't forget to check your Dollar store (we have Dollar Tree here). Today I found the big Mickey suckers, Cinderella post-its, Mickey notepads, Pooh notepads, Cindy notepads, pencils with all different characters and tons of Disney stickers! Oh, and little Disney princess dress-up dolls. By the time we cruise in Dec., I should be set!!

10. GoofyFD

GoofyFD <font color=purple>I'm the wretch the song talks a

We packed our my DD sand suff in our luggage. We had a small pail and shovel it did not take to much room.

11. mommylovesdisneymore

mommylovesdisneymore DIS Veteran

Great ideas thanks everyone