Gidget Goes Hawaiian- Kauai & Aulani 8/2012 TR- 5/24 COMPLETE!!

Ah, so sad your awesome trip is over ........ :sad:

I just love the rainbow bidding you farewell. That is just magical.

Now, the plane ride home, even in first class does not seem all that much fun. :woohoo: for ice-cream sundaes, but the food does not really excite me at all. We are flying business to Orlando this summer and I expect a bit more than that from Lufthansa. :rotfl2:

Thanks for taking the time and letting me (and all of us here) travel along with you all. I really enjoyed the trip! Thank you so much! :hug:

So sorry to see it all end, but you had a wonderful trip, great memories that will last a lifetime. And hopefully you and pods can go back again sometime in the future!

Love the rainbow at the end!

Wow, thanks so much for those final airplane pix! What a totally bummer about first class being on an old airplane! What nerve of United for a 7+ hour flight!!!! They stink! Also, you never know if they switch equipment at the last minute so you could book on a nice airplane then they could go and switch it on you and give you a crappy one.

What is your next trip going to be? We are thinking Hawaii but I have a 4 yr old who is a total PIA so I don't know if I want to go too far with her until she is through with the bratty stage.

You know, Podsnel, I think I would have drank 3 bottles of champagne all by myself just to make up for the lack of reclining seats and personal video screens!

What a totally awesome trip! I enjoyed being along for the ride.

Too bad the first class accommodations didn't work out like you wanted, bummer. The food didn't look to bad. I do have to say judging by the looks of the attendant's arm in the background of one of the photos, the stewardess looked pretty ancient!

Thank you for the wonderful TR! What an amazing trip you had. It was very helpful in our planning, we had an amazing time I truly think it would be impossible not to in Aulani.

Counting the days until we can go back!

I would have been very peeved at the first class situation, I swear between TSA and baggage fees and all of it, flying is a chore.

Sorry to hear about the negative experience with United.
We flew direct form JFK on Hawaiian Air....coach, and I must say it was the best plane/service/ flight experience I have ever had.
From the crew who are Hawaiian (friendly and proud) to the lighting and music they play on board- to the larger sized seats (each with a pillow and blanket!) and everyone has there own entertainment sytem with free programming and for a fee movies and extended packages. We also recieved two meals for free each way! One was a hot pasta meal, and the other a sandwich......I will never fly to HI on any other airline. Cost was $810 roundtrip.

i would have been peeved too. First class aint cheap. Funny how us vertically challenged people like to have our feet touching something. After reading all of this HI is so on my to see list.

So cool to have that Rainbow to say good bye to Hawaii! Too bad the flight wasn't that great.

I really enjoyed this TR, it reminded me how much I hope to get back to Hawaii someday soon.

You did good Gidget.
You are a great, ubber dubber planner.
How hard is it to rent DVC points in Hawaii?
I would pay you to get your Hawaii Internary-I think you missed your calling-you should be a Travel Agent.

I really enjoyed reading your trip report when you first posted it! Your photos of Kauai are just amazing! So....thanks to you and this trip report we are heading to Kauai for spring break! Just bought our tickets last night! I will definitely be referring back to the places you visited as I plan our trip. Thank you for sharing your trip with all of us!

Ah, so sad your awesome trip is over ........ :sad:

I just love the rainbow bidding you farewell. That is just magical.

Now, the plane ride home, even in first class does not seem all that much fun. :woohoo: for ice-cream sundaes, but the food does not really excite me at all. We are flying business to Orlando this summer and I expect a bit more than that from Lufthansa. :rotfl2:

Thanks for taking the time and letting me (and all of us here) travel along with you all. I really enjoyed the trip! Thank you so much! :hug:

I am ALWAYS amazed at the quality of food you have on your flights! Luftahnsa rocks!

So sorry to see it all end, but you had a wonderful trip, great memories that will last a lifetime. And hopefully you and pods can go back again sometime in the future!

Love the rainbow at the end!

We definitely will. Especially since Disney has put an end to GAC- no more family vacations needed for our family to WDW, need to use those points somewhere else!

Wow, thanks so much for those final airplane pix! What a totally bummer about first class being on an old airplane! What nerve of United for a 7+ hour flight!!!! They stink! Also, you never know if they switch equipment at the last minute so you could book on a nice airplane then they could go and switch it on you and give you a crappy one.

What is your next trip going to be? We are thinking Hawaii but I have a 4 yr old who is a total PIA so I don't know if I want to go too far with her until she is through with the bratty stage.

We waited to go until I thought my kids could handle the flight- but if there had been an Aunty's Beach House in Hawaii when my boys were small I might have found a way- maybe stopped at DL for a day or two to break up the flight. It really looked THAT amazing!

My next trip is St John, USVI- with Pods and 5 other couples for a whole WEEK!!!! :yay: My friend Janie is renewing her vows with her husband of 25 years and treating her best friends to a week in a gorgeous villa.:beach: Very excited about it. :yay: Over NYE we are on the Fantasy with T&T, we are ALL looking forward to that- and then I am going to Mexico with girlfriends in January for a 50th Bday celebration. Next summer we are going on Oasis with T&T in August, followed by a week in Ft Walton Beach to visit family before school starts in Sept....and then next October we are 4 nights in WDW with a 4 night double dip on the Dream to follow, Pods & I and a few other couples- :) I do have a TR going about our recent trip to CA- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3171488

That should be going for quite a while, lol!

So Sad it is over !! I am hoping for a Free Trip to Hawaii next year !!!

I hope that works, Rosie! It is so gorgeous there!

Sorry about the First Class being not so CLASSY!!!!

Yea, me too lol!

You know, Podsnel, I think I would have drank 3 bottles of champagne all by myself just to make up for the lack of reclining seats and personal video screens!

And it should have been complimentary!! :rotfl: Except- I don't even know if there was champagne on the flight (United did away with that when they took over Continental- and I don't care WHAT they say, it was a takeover and not a merger, because this airline is nothing like Continental was). Who drinks champagne in first class anyway? :p So stupid!

What a totally awesome trip! I enjoyed being along for the ride.

Too bad the first class accommodations didn't work out like you wanted, bummer. The food didn't look to bad. I do have to say judging by the looks of the attendant's arm in the background of one of the photos, the stewardess looked pretty ancient!

Eh- it was ok- the sundae was really good!:thumbsup2

Thank you for the wonderful TR! What an amazing trip you had. It was very helpful in our planning, we had an amazing time I truly think it would be impossible not to in Aulani.

Counting the days until we can go back!

I would have been very peeved at the first class situation, I swear between TSA and baggage fees and all of it, flying is a chore.

I agree, can't have a bad time at Aulani- such a beyond incredible resort. Hawaii is my favorite place- if I lived on the West Coast like you I would be there MUCH MUCH more often!!!

Great TR as always Ellen. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip!

You are welcome, Chris!! Can't WAIT to see you on the Fantasy!!:yay:

Sorry to hear about the negative experience with United.
We flew direct form JFK on Hawaiian Air....coach, and I must say it was the best plane/service/ flight experience I have ever had.
From the crew who are Hawaiian (friendly and proud) to the lighting and music they play on board- to the larger sized seats (each with a pillow and blanket!) and everyone has there own entertainment sytem with free programming and for a fee movies and extended packages. We also recieved two meals for free each way! One was a hot pasta meal, and the other a sandwich......I will never fly to HI on any other airline. Cost was $810 roundtrip.

Hawaiian Air ROCKS!! If I were paying for the flight, that is who I would choose, too.

i would have been peeved too. First class aint cheap. Funny how us vertically challenged people like to have our feet touching something. After reading all of this HI is so on my to see list.

Well, we used miles, but I wish I had not wasted so many on it- I wopuld rather have been in coach with the extra room of Priority seats or whatever they are called.

:scared1:

We're flying out in a couple of weeks...on United. :headache:

Thanks so much for this TR! It was a great read!

YOUR TR is fantastic!! I am loving it- sorry I have not posted lately, I have been reading at night in the dark and I am a hunt and peck kind of typist so I need light for my replies- I'll comment on there soon-

So cool to have that Rainbow to say good bye to Hawaii! Too bad the flight wasn't that great.

I really enjoyed this TR, it reminded me how much I hope to get back to Hawaii someday soon.

Me too! I think about going back nearly every day! I think Pods wants to go back to Europe first, though- so we will have to see what works out-:confused3

You did good Gidget.
You are a great, ubber dubber planner.
How hard is it to rent DVC points in Hawaii?
I would pay you to get your Hawaii Internary-I think you missed your calling-you should be a Travel Agent.

Thanks Marissa! And when you want to go to Hawaii, just say the word- you know I will help! :goodvibes

I really enjoyed reading your trip report when you first posted it! Your photos of Kauai are just amazing! So....thanks to you and this trip report we are heading to Kauai for spring break! Just bought our tickets last night! I will definitely be referring back to the places you visited as I plan our trip. Thank you for sharing your trip with all of us!

That is SOOOOO exciting!!! :yay: And you will see that my photos of Kauai are NOTHING compared to the beauty that it really is. Where are you staying? Which side of the island?

Th nukes for the trip report - it was fun reading!

Thanks for the compliment- I can promise you it was even MORE fun DOING! :goodvibes

Hi Ellen! I just found this TR via your CA trip and it is amazing! I'm only to about 1/2 through the trip and I just keep staring at the amazing scenery!

Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter