Gidget Goes Hawaiian- Kauai & Aulani 8/2012 TR- 5/24 COMPLETE!!

The other day at work there were leftover almond croissants in the cafeteria and I kept thinking about you and your TR! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: That's so funny! I wish you could have made one of them magically appear in front of me- YUM!

Oh that seal! I'd have been running down the beach too. What a wonderful, last magical moment.

It sure was-:)

I can't believe I read the end of your TR and didn't comment! :scared1:

You had a wonderful trip and I was so glad to share in it with you! I can't wait until your next one and to hear all about that and meet you too!

I can't wait to meet you, too! But I'm not quite done with this one yet- still have another post or 2 to go....

Read it all, and tortured myself with every single video. WHAT AN AMAZING VACATION!!!!! I will be bookmarking this baby for notes when it's my turn. ::yes::

And I'm very excited for you about the baseball tickets, that will be a fun surprise for Timmy! I hope our paths do cross in a couple weeks!

I bet you will have an even BETTER time than we did because Henry will ADORE the Auntie's. :love:

I am going to do my BEST to meet you next week, Brook! Fingers crossed!

I feel like I just relived our November trip to Aulani with you and your pictures. When we got home my DIL asked why we spent so much time at the resort since it was our 1st time in Hawaii, and I said "You would have to see it to understand - the pictures just do not do the resort justice". We did get out to see the rest of the island, but I was so happy just chilllin' at the resort. Can't wait to go back. Points are not our problem (we have 600 per year), but the airline cost!! Wow. DH has to travel Business/First class due to having had leg bypass surgery and we used FF points to do it this time. It will take a while to build them up again. I will go back!!! Our view was similar. We had a 1 bedroom on the 15th floor - spectacular sunsets.

I feel like I just relived our November trip to Aulani with you and your pictures. When we got home my DIL asked why we spent so much time at the resort since it was our 1st time in Hawaii, and I said "You would have to see it to understand - the pictures just do not do the resort justice". We did get out to see the rest of the island, but I was so happy just chilllin' at the resort. Can't wait to go back. Points are not our problem (we have 600 per year), but the airline cost!! Wow. DH has to travel Business/First class due to having had leg bypass surgery and we used FF points to do it this time. It will take a while to build them up again. I will go back!!! Our view was similar. We had a 1 bedroom on the 15th floor - spectacular sunsets.

I'm so glad you enjoyed my pics! I hear ya on the mileage points- it was the only way the four of us could go. And for first class? MEGA cha-ching! We are saving the miles now for either Hawaii or Europe...unless we can't get a decent airfare to Orlando for our NYE cruise- but I'll take 2 planes if it means saving some $$$ for that-

15th Floor must have been EXTRA gorgeous!

Just have to say......

SINGLE DIGITS, BABY!!!!!!!! party::dancer:party::dancer:party::dancer:

sdd.gif

Yeah for single digits!!!!

Finally got all caught up! Your dinner at Ama Ama looked sooo good! I may have to go get one of those cupcakes at Mama's also! Glad you got to see a seal! My DH and I saw a mommy and her baby seal at Turtle Bay Resort and we were pretty excited! We didn't see any turtles though... At the TURTLE bay resort. Haha! It must have been the season. I know the feeling of having to say good bye all too well! It is soo difficult. I hope you are able to go back really soon! And your trip with Timmy is coming up real soon too right? :)

44624_542932512385079_1042843983_n.jpg

Nice! Where was that?

That really is a wonderful convenience, that room- especially because most people are not leaving Hawaii early in the day- a night time flight is more common.

I'm surprised you missed it since it was in the Luana Lounge on the same wall with the door to the shower area. Down towards the TV.

Just have to say......

SINGLE DIGITS, BABY!!!!!!!! party::dancer:party::dancer:party::dancer:

:yay::yay::yay: Have fun!

Well it looks asif yo u had a packed last day! The seal pics are great!

I agree about the evil chair savers! :furious: I hate people that do that! Just get to the pool early!

Can't wait to see the last airport pics. Everything else has been great.

Are you doing a TR for your next trip?

Here's praying for warm weather, it was cold last week! We had a low of 31 one night in Orlando, and 50's on another day. (but we still got in the heated pool every day but the one :thumbsup2)

Thanks everyone for joining in my single digit dance! :dance3::woohoo:

Where are you going? :woohoo: :banana:

This is my trip with just Timmy- 2 nights at VWL, going to the Yankees vs Tigers spring training game a week from today (BIG surprise for Tim- can't WAIT to see his face!!!), Sunday we head to the Dream for a 4 night cruise. And you know, I do love a good cruise!!!! Very excited!! :banana:

sdd.gif

Yeah for single digits!!!!

That's so cute!! Thanks!

Finally got all caught up! Your dinner at Ama Ama looked sooo good! I may have to go get one of those cupcakes at Mama's also! Glad you got to see a seal! My DH and I saw a mommy and her baby seal at Turtle Bay Resort and we were pretty excited! We didn't see any turtles though... At the TURTLE bay resort. Haha! It must have been the season. I know the feeling of having to say good bye all too well! It is soo difficult. I hope you are able to go back really soon! And your trip with Timmy is coming up real soon too right? :)

That must have been incredible to see the mama & baby seal- but I wonder where all the turtles were? You are probably right, it's probably timing.

And yea- my Timmy trip is in 6 days! I am here taking a little break from packing right now. :yay:

I'm surprised you missed it since it was in the Luana Lounge on the same wall with the door to the shower area. Down towards the TV.

:yay::yay::yay: Have fun!

I probably saw it- it's just blocked from my memory as the sad place on the trip! :rotfl: But very useful! :rotfl:

WOOHOOO!! cant wait to hear alla bout it!

Yep! :thumbsup2

Well it looks asif yo u had a packed last day! The seal pics are great!

I agree about the evil chair savers! :furious: I hate people that do that! Just get to the pool early!

Can't wait to see the last airport pics. Everything else has been great.

Are you doing a TR for your next trip?

Here's praying for warm weather, it was cold last week! We had a low of 31 one night in Orlando, and 50's on another day. (but we still got in the heated pool every day but the one :thumbsup2)

Pretty sure I will do a TR for this one- hard to resist cruise TRs, they are so much fun! The forecast is in the 80's when we go- and the weather looks clear from here for flying (big storm coming in on Monday/Tues- snow/rain/sleet/general crap :rotfl:). Right now we have flurries, and Tyler is out at a baseball scrimmage. :scared1: They must be freezing!!!!

Thanks everyone for joining in my single digit dance! :dance3::woohoo:

This is my trip with just Timmy- 2 nights at VWL, going to the Yankees vs Tigers spring training game a week from today (BIG surprise for Tim- can't WAIT to see his face!!!), Sunday we head to the Dream for a 4 night cruise. And you know, I do love a good cruise!!!! Very excited!! :banana:

Pretty sure I will do a TR for this one- hard to resist cruise TRs, they are so much fun! The forecast is in the 80's when we go- and the weather looks clear from here for flying (big storm coming in on Monday/Tues- snow/rain/sleet/general crap :rotfl:). Right now we have flurries, and Tyler is out at a baseball scrimmage. :scared1: They must be freezing!!!!

Timmy is a lucky lucky boy. How fun!!!!!!!!!!! I really would love to do a trip with each boy, separately. Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Usually the last day blues are terrible:sad: but you got to enjoy a whole day of fun :cool1: Too funny that the seal just laid there and let Timmy get so close and you to take the pics. You had such an amazing Hawaii experience!

YAY for Single Digits! Wishing you lots of Sunshine and PD!

Love your TR. We are booked in July but only from 11th-15th. Those were the only dates available so we took what we could. We will be staying a couple of days at the Hale Koa prior to Aulani. Love that they offer the room for leaving guests. I was curious as to how we would spend the rest of the day before our flight leaves so it'll be nice to enjoy the resort for as long as we can.
This trip will be a surprise for our daughter, well at least we're trying to keep it a secret as long as we can.:ssst:

Timmy is a lucky lucky boy. How fun!!!!!!!!!!! I really would love to do a trip with each boy, separately. Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

It was really nice to have him all to myself- even if he escaped to Vibe as fast as he could whenever we were together! :rotfl2:

Usually the last day blues are terrible:sad: but you got to enjoy a whole day of fun :cool1: Too funny that the seal just laid there and let Timmy get so close and you to take the pics. You had such an amazing Hawaii experience!

YAY for Single Digits! Wishing you lots of Sunshine and PD!

Thanks Tammie- we did have an amazing Hawaii experience! The seal was awesome- really the icing on the Hawaiian cake!

Okay so when will the Tyler trip be???????

Well....probably never, unless I take him to a baseball tournament somewhere- pretty sure when he's in college he would rather go on Spring Break with his friends than Spring Break with his Mommy! :rotfl:

excited for you!!!!

It was great!:thumbsup2

Love your TR. We are booked in July but only from 11th-15th. Those were the only dates available so we took what we could. We will be staying a couple of days at the Hale Koa prior to Aulani. Love that they offer the room for leaving guests. I was curious as to how we would spend the rest of the day before our flight leaves so it'll be nice to enjoy the resort for as long as we can.
This trip will be a surprise for our daughter, well at least we're trying to keep it a secret as long as we can.:ssst:

That is an AMAZING surprise!!!! Fantastic! :thumbsup2 I was very stressed booking at the 7 month window- I think we were ok because we were so late in the summer, after many schools have started in the US. You will love the resort- how old is your daughter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter