Ghosts, and Villians, and Disney, Oh My! An October PTR- Link to TR

laashley

DIS Veteran
Welcome to my very first PTR!

Guess I should start with the W’s (who, what, when, where, and why). So, here goes…

My family of 4 (intro’s to follow) is heading to Disney for the 2nd time this year. Right now the plans are to stay at POR October 17-22 and then head to Universal, staying onsite there for the express passes, for the 22-24.

After our trip this April, I starting thinking about going at Halloween one year, and after much debate between hubby and myself, we decided this year was the best to travel when only one child is in grade school.

Introductions.
I am Ashley, a 30 yr. old SAHM. I have been to disney a sum total of 4 times now. Once as a teenager (with a youth group), once with Chris (my dh) the year before we were married, last February (trip with us 4, my parents and Chris’ parents), and then this April as a family of four (some days our friends, the Benders were with us). Character most like- I’d say Cinderella, well before the ball when she is but a maid. Fav movie: Little Mermaid.

Chris (dh) is a chemist and a wonderful daddy and hubby. I believe he has been to disney 5 times, you know about 3, then once with his family when he was a kid and once as a teenager with school. Character most like: um, dopey with the heart of mickey. Fav movie: not really sure, maybe Peter Pan?

The kids:
Chloe (dd) is my oldest. She is 5, just started kindergarten, takes ballet and tap, loves to be outside, just learned to swim, and truly is my sassy, girly princess . This past trip was filled with many firsts for her, like BBB and all the 40“ rides. Character most like: have to say Aurora (because that‘s what she would want me to say), though I think Tiana is a close second (being from Louisiana and her strength). Fav movie: Sleeping Beauty, and has been since she was 2!

Noah (ds) is my little man. He just turned 4, and just finished his first year of t-ball. He likes sports, playing with cars, wrestling with the dog, and any Mario game. He is such a joy (most of the time anyway), has a great sense of humor and even lets his sister boss him around. I call him my little diffuser because when I am upset I can take one look and him and I have to smile, back to happy mom. Character most like: Goofy. Fav movies: Toy Story series, and Cars.

Here are a few pics of us from the last trip. I was really hoping to have done a TR for it, but what can I say, life got in the way. I will definitely put some of that trip in this pre-trippie as a bit of lagniappe (extra, for those who aren’t LA natives). So, please I hope you will stay and play with me as I plan (or re-plan again and again) our very first Halloween at Disney! Oh, and one more thing, the kids don’t know about it, SURPRISE!

Photo0314.jpg

Photo0252.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

Photo0075.jpg

Hey! Just popped over here from my PTR! Your family is precious:lovestruc And you are going to LOVE going in October. It is a great time to go. Please tell me y'all plan on doing MNSSHP? We did that for DD's 3rd birthday trip and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was AWESOME! We all dressed up as LSU baseball players:thumbsup2 I love the pics you posted. Tell me more about the pirate thing you did for Noah. I wonder if my DS would like to do that in December. Did it take long? Hmmmmm, now you've got me thinking...

Can't wait to read more!!!

Just showed my 5.5 yr old DS your DS' pirate pic! He LOVES it and wants to get his face painted next time we go. :)
Can't wait to read more!

I am here Ashley! You have a beautiful family! I can't wait to read all about your plans!

Thanks and so glad you came over!!

I'm here! I'm here! Now I gotta go back and read all the juicy details.

Happy to see you have joined in!!

Hey! Just popped over here from my PTR! Your family is precious:lovestruc And you are going to LOVE going in October. It is a great time to go. Please tell me y'all plan on doing MNSSHP? We did that for DD's 3rd birthday trip and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was AWESOME! We all dressed up as LSU baseball players:thumbsup2 I love the pics you posted. Tell me more about the pirate thing you did for Noah. I wonder if my DS would like to do that in December. Did it take long? Hmmmmm, now you've got me thinking...

Can't wait to read more!!!

BR in the house! Ha Ha! Thank you, and well of course we HAVE to to MNSSHP. LSU ball players, how cute.

We did the Pirates League for Noah. Chris brought him, so I can't say exactly what happened, but something like got a new piratey name, picked his pirate look, and got a sword and some pirate booty. Noah loved it, but the make-up was smeared about 20 minutes later. The package was about $35, and totally worth it. His appt. was at 10:30 and lasted a little over an hour. Brendan would love it, and there are different looks to choose from. (you know, one's with less make-up that wouldn't make a complete mess:laughing:)

Just showed my 5.5 yr old DS your DS' pirate pic! He LOVES it and wants to get his face painted next time we go. :)
Can't wait to read more!

Oh, how sweet! I have debated doing it again for the party, but I bet it is booked already. The pirates league is so great for the boys and now there is a knight package at the BBB (the pirate's league is cheaper though, so I think I will probably stick to that) And thanks for joining in!

Can't believe I have figured out how to multi-quote. This is all new to me, so please bear with me. I am hoping I am more computer savvy than I think:rotfl:

Hi, I'm joining, can't wait to read all about your plans! I'll be at POR in November so I can't wait to see what you have to say about it after your trip! :cool1:

Woop Woop - BR!!!

Ok, someone literally drew a diagram for me when I first started on the DIS on how to multiquote. I just couldn't figure it out so someone finally drew it out for me. LOLOLOL!

I think I may look into the pirate thing for Brendan. I wonder how he'll do with the face painting:confused3

It took me forever to figure that out too!!!

:rotfl2:

Hi, I'm joining, can't wait to read all about your plans! I'll be at POR in November so I can't wait to see what you have to say about it after your trip! :cool1:

Yay! Thanks for joining. I have stayed at the POR before, but that was way back in 2000 when it was called just Riverside. I am looking forward to it. Oh, and if you haven't already check out the blogs on allears.net. There is one that is all about the POR (think it may be by Steve:confused3, you could probably do a search to find it though)

Woop Woop - BR!!!

Ok, someone literally drew a diagram for me when I first started on the DIS on how to multiquote. I just couldn't figure it out so someone finally drew it out for me. LOLOLOL!

I think I may look into the pirate thing for Brendan. I wonder how he'll do with the face painting:confused3

This computer stuff isn't easy. :laughing:

We booked the pirates league, but we tried him out a few days before at a face painting station to see how he would do. That way if he freaked, then we could just cancel. Not sure, but I don't think they would have charged a cancellation fee though.

You will LOVE Halloween at Disney. This will be my 3rd trip during October. Last year DD and I went in Nov, and the Christmas stuff was okay, but I missed Halloween!

Have you decided on costumes for MNSSHP yet?

You will LOVE Halloween at Disney. This will be my 3rd trip during October. Last year DD and I went in Nov, and the Christmas stuff was okay, but I missed Halloween!

Have you decided on costumes for MNSSHP yet?

Thanks for coming over. So glad that you love Halloween at Disney. It is my kids favorite holiday, so I am hoping they will flip.

No costume decisions yet. I need to start thinking on it atleast.

I would love to go for Halloween, but my kids are only allowed to miss 10 days of school a year & my kids always seem to get the flu or a stomach virus that knocks them out for a week. So Disney for Halloween isn't possible for us. Maybe one day!

Yay! Thanks for joining. I have stayed at the POR before, but that was way back in 2000 when it was called just Riverside. I am looking forward to it. Oh, and if you haven't already check out the blogs on allears.net. There is one that is all about the POR (think it may be by Steve, you could probably do a search to find it though)

Oh, thanks, I'll have to check that out, I've seen the Port Orleans website but not a blog! I stayed there a long time ago, when it was Dixie Landings, and I'm pretty sure I was in the AB section, and I don't remember it at all! :confused3 I'm hoping for the mansions section this time! :)

Here are some pics if any of you are wondering how long it takes for a 3 year old to rub his make-up off:
This is right after he became Pirate Noah
IMG_5428.jpg

Now 20 minutes later (just rubbed off a little by his eye)
IMG_5433.jpg

Now 4 hours later:eek:
IMG_5445.jpg

Our pictures with the characters were a bit scary after that, but Noah had fun being a spooky pirate for a day.

I would love to go for Halloween, but my kids are only allowed to miss 10 days of school a year & my kids always seem to get the flu or a stomach virus that knocks them out for a week. So Disney for Halloween isn't possible for us. Maybe one day!

Chloe is in kindergarten this year and is only able to miss 10 days too. We are using 5 of them for the trip. I am so picking disney over school, but she is only in kindergarten. Not sure I would do it if she was much older. Don't you wish we got a fall break here in louisiana! Hopefully, one day you can figure out how to get there for Halloween.

Oh, thanks, I'll have to check that out, I've seen the Port Orleans website but not a blog! I stayed there a long time ago, when it was Dixie Landings, and I'm pretty sure I was in the AB section, and I don't remember it at all! :confused3 I'm hoping for the mansions section this time! :)

We stayed in the mansions last time, but they were renovating and it was horrible. I forget which mansions I am going to request. Need to look that up again!

Chloe is in kindergarten this year and is only able to miss 10 days too. We are using 5 of them for the trip. I am so picking disney over school, but she is only in kindergarten. Not sure I would do it if she was much older. Don't you wish we got a fall break here in louisiana! Hopefully, one day you can figure out how to get there for Halloween.

Koby is in 5th & Brady is in 2nd. There is no way I could miss. IDK what parish you are in, but we are in Lafourche & they do get a Fall Break. This year it is October 8, 9, 11

That is too cute! I love his name!!!

Thanks!

Koby is in 5th & Brady is in 2nd. There is no way I could miss. IDK what parish you are in, but we are in Lafourche & they do get a Fall Break. This year it is October 8, 9, 11

Yeah, the older they get the harder it is to miss I agree. We are in Livingston parish (outside of Baton Rouge). I think we have the 8th off, but it is just for the parish fair.

Hmmm... maybe one year you could turn that short break into a short disney break. I know it is hard to just go for a few days though when you can go for longer in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!