Getting too hot at DLR

DisneyPhans

Disney Phan since 1978
I don't know how some people are managing at DLR right now, because I'm in Garden Grove trimming my plants and it's miserably hot. Like, it's dangerously hot this weekend, which will push 100F. We can expect highs in the 90s all next month. Hotels are super expensive, lines are still long, and now everyone is getting extra roasted. Are people actually having fun right now?

I know there's a limit for us. At some point we just have to search out indoor attractions with short lines of head back to the hotel until evening.
We're going in mid Sept. and hoping the temps will be closer to the avg. (high 80's) than they were last year when they were over 100.
I hope people will be careful in the sun; wear lots of sunscreen and cover they're heads.
Both my wife and I are fairly young but have both had skin cancer issues. She had half her face and part of her nose cut away.. then they burned the rest off with a laser.
Please wear sunscreen.

I have been thinking that this week too. We started school and it was unbearable at lunch and we couldnt do outdoor PE (its wad in the 90's in the morning for goodness sake) so I couldnt imagine spending hours in the sun and being in the crush of tomorrowland. No Way!. I like to go in October and February for the temperate weather, but even october can be dicey and hit the 100's. Here's to hoping it's not.

I've been here for a few days and it hasn't been bad. I'm from the Texas Gulf Coast though. We have crazy humidity so compared to home it's really nice. I guess it just depends on what you're used to.

I've been here for a few days and it hasn't been bad. I'm from the Texas Gulf Coast though. We have crazy humidity so compared to home it's really nice. I guess it just depends on what you're used to.

The heat wave ended on Monday where I'm at. This week it has been hot, but not unbearable. my complaints were about the many days of 105-108 with no nighttime/morning cool down that we had the last week of July. It was over 80 here at 9 am last thursday. Thats what I cant take.

My house is an old farm house that is 110 years old and wiring too out of date to have an air conditioner. When its 108 and you don't have AC at home it doesnt cool off at all and you cant sleep a wink.

wiring too out of date to have an air conditioner. When its 108 and you don't have AC at home it doesnt cool off at all and you cant sleep a wink.
Wow. I can't even imagine that. I think I'd have to go stay at a hotel or something. That sounds plain miserable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter