Getting to "the character warehouse" store

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ats360, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ats360

ats360 Earning My Ears

Anyone been to this store?

My DW and I are wanting to go this July. We're staying at POP. Would it be better (cheaper) to take a cab from the resort to store, or from DTD? How hard is it to get a cab? We usually rely on the DTS.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AJKMOM

AJKMOM DIS Veteran

Not sure the best way to get there, but check the hours and go early. When I went last month, it was crowded and the merchandise was picked over, even at lunch time. for the price differnce in cab fare, it would probably be much easier to take a cab from your resort, rather than taking the bus to DTD and hoping to find a cab there. At least someone from your resort can call a cab for you.

4. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

I'd tend to disagree with the "for the price differnce in cab fare" aspect. Isn't Character Warehouse at the outlet mall north of Universal Studios? That's a good $40+ each way by cab. The Lynx bus (which might require a transfer) is only $2 each way per person.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The pp is referring to the price difference as being better (more convenient) to take a cab directly from the resort rather than taking Disney transportation to DTD and then grabbing a cab from there.....not saying a cab is the least expensive way to go.

6. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Cheapest would be public transportation (the Lynx bus), most expensive would be a cab. Personally, I'd rent a car for the day. There are National/Alamo locations at the Car Care Center (near MK), and in the Dolphin. I know that the Car Care Center location will pick you up/drop you off at your resort, not sure about the Dolphin location.

7. AJKMOM

AJKMOM DIS Veteran

This.
    Also, I thought they were talking about the outlet that is in Premium Outlets on Vineland. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

8. DisneyMim

DisneyMim DIS Veteran

We go to the one on Vineland. Love that store!!!! We always rent a car, but I don't think a cab would be that expensive. I also love the Coach store. I bought four bags last year, great prices. Wanted to give my 2 cents if you are into Coach. The whole shopping complex is very nice and my husband and I always go at least once, sometimes twice, during our trips. I hope you enjoy your shopping!!!

Enjoy The Magic!!