** Getting To Know You**

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!

Welcome to the UK Community Forum on the Dis Boards. Please feel free to tell us a little about yourself and any holiday plans you may have.:dance3:

Well hello one and all and might I add a little boing? My parents took my brother and I to Disneyland when we were kids, something I'll never forget but I suspect memories for another thread. When I met Mrs PTT, one of the first things that we realised was that we were the only people we'd ever met who'd been to DL. It's grim up north in England and in the early '80s, few had been to Florida, let alone sunny California!

Years went by then a wedding and our first trip to the US to Disneyworld. Wow. Was a brilliant 2 weeks and lit a bit of a fire for the US. The year after (2001) we flew that bit further and longer and arrived in wonderful Anaheim for a 3 week tour. That visit taught us many, many things. Firstly and most importantly, to us, Disneyland is the absolute home of magic, memories and wonder. DW has more space but DL has more soul. Plus it's 86 degrees and dry every day in summer not 100, steamy and hurricane rich.

Since then we've made great friends over there, driven round most of the country and even driven from DL to DW via South Dakota. Look at a map, ouch! We've been back every year bar 2 since. One of those years was when Mrs PTT was cooking Jnr PTT who's been now every year since she was born. I always joked that I'd love to fly with a baby (before we had one) to inflict that 5 hour scream on all the people who'd been doing it to me for years. As luck would have it, she's been a phenomenally good traveler from the start, probably something to do with us being frequent travelers.

Stand out events would be Christmas Day in DW, being in DW for hurricane Katrina (that was unbelievable), walking down main street DL with Jnr PTT, meeting Mickey and crying whilst he took our little girl on a walk down his street ignoring all the other children. Wrote a thankyou letter and got a lovely response. And of course the creme de la creme of a meal in Club 33.

Favorite rides? Splash and Space mountains with a side order of the Tikki Room. In DCA it's Tower of Terror without question.

Have discovered this forum thanks to finding the DIS DL podcast which I'm working through at speed. Think we'll disagree about food venues but on the whole it's superb.

Off back to LAX in August for a shorter trip, might make it to Palm Springs but no doubt Mrs PTT will drag us to Hollywood, LA freeways, the bane of my life! So thanks for reading and I'll be posting around and about soon :)

Cheers all! A firework loving Disney Nut :)

Well hello one and all and might I add a little boing? My parents took my brother and I to Disneyland when we were kids, something I'll never forget but I suspect memories for another thread. When I met Mrs PTT, one of the first things that we realised was that we were the only people we'd ever met who'd been to DL. It's grim up north in England and in the early '80s, few had been to Florida, let alone sunny California!

Years went by then a wedding and our first trip to the US to Disneyworld. Wow. Was a brilliant 2 weeks and lit a bit of a fire for the US. The year after (2001) we flew that bit further and longer and arrived in wonderful Anaheim for a 3 week tour. That visit taught us many, many things. Firstly and most importantly, to us, Disneyland is the absolute home of magic, memories and wonder. DW has more space but DL has more soul. Plus it's 86 degrees and dry every day in summer not 100, steamy and hurricane rich.

Since then we've made great friends over there, driven round most of the country and even driven from DL to DW via South Dakota. Look at a map, ouch! We've been back every year bar 2 since. One of those years was when Mrs PTT was cooking Jnr PTT who's been now every year since she was born. I always joked that I'd love to fly with a baby (before we had one) to inflict that 5 hour scream on all the people who'd been doing it to me for years. As luck would have it, she's been a phenomenally good traveler from the start, probably something to do with us being frequent travelers.

Stand out events would be Christmas Day in DW, being in DW for hurricane Katrina (that was unbelievable), walking down main street DL with Jnr PTT, meeting Mickey and crying whilst he took our little girl on a walk down his street ignoring all the other children. Wrote a thankyou letter and got a lovely response. And of course the creme de la creme of a meal in Club 33.

Favorite rides? Splash and Space mountains with a side order of the Tikki Room. In DCA it's Tower of Terror without question.

Have discovered this forum thanks to finding the DIS DL podcast which I'm working through at speed. Think we'll disagree about food venues but on the whole it's superb.

Off back to LAX in August for a shorter trip, might make it to Palm Springs but no doubt Mrs PTT will drag us to Hollywood, LA freeways, the bane of my life! So thanks for reading and I'll be posting around and about soon :)

Cheers all! A firework loving Disney Nut :)

Hello there

Welcome aboard the UK Community disboards, happy to have you join us.:welcome::welcome:

Its still a dream of mine to get to DL and Im still hoping one day it will happen.:worship:

Please feel free to join in any discussion or visit our other trip planning forums for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.:rainbow:

Hey, I'm Jon. My wife and I have been on a few trips now. Can't wait for the next, I think we are made arriving on Thanksgiving!!

Hi Jon
Welcome to the UK Community board:welcome:

Happy to have you join us, look forward to catching up with you on the boards.:flower1: Have fun planning your next trip:thumbsup2

Thanks Sue!

We are planning on taking in more of the resorts this time having managed to get DDP and Upgrade to Deluxe, lots of signature dining on the way :)

We have worked hard to keep the DISboards a place where people can discuss any topic as long as it's not illegal or profane, and as long as the participants can behave respectfully. Unfortunately, politics and religion often seem to bring out the worst behavior in people. Even normally polite posters find these topics pushing their hot buttons, and frequently lose their cool.

This past election season has been especially bad, and the rudeness and sniping between various groups has alienated posters and exhausted our moderators.

As a result, we are announcing a new policy on the DISboards, effective immediately: POLITICS AND RELIGION are no longer acceptable topics of discussion here.

This also will extend to signatures: no political statements, logos, or slogans are permitted in signatures.
Posts and threads of a political or religious nature will be locked or deleted, and are not to be restarted. We will also be updating our site guidelines to reflect this policy.

There are many sites on the web that welcome discussion and debate of a political or religious nature, but we feel that removing these topics from the DISboards altogether is in the best interests of our members. Thank you for your support and cooperation.

WebmasterKathy

Hey Sue, where's the thread with you're background and the other UK community board in? There must be one :magnify:

There was one from years ago, but Im not sure how far back it was and it was full of people who no longer post on here anymore which is why I started a new one back last year. As soon as I get home from Slimming tonight, I shall try and dig it out and copy all my background from that and then update it to the present day:thumbsup2

I don't think I've done my background post so I'll write one now :)

I've been visiting Disney parks since I was 7 years old (thanks mum!) and before I was 16 had been to WDW twice and DLP 4 times.

However my true Disney obsession began in my 2nd year of University. I've always loved Disney and during school and sixth form my friends knew me as "the Disney nut".

However in my 2nd year of Uni I began getting mega obsessed, I think because for the first time in forever :smickey: I was booking my own holidays and so I had full control. And in the past 4 years I've been for: 7 night WDW 2011, 4 night DLP 2012, 14 night WDW 2013, 2 night DLP 2013, 4 night DLP 2013, 7 night TDL 2014 and have 14 night USO booked for 2015.

Personal stuff (or how deep does my obsession go?)

• I collect Disney pins - I like to buy one from every Disney park I go to and it has to have the name of the park on. I also collect pins with Stitch or Ursula on and special edition pins.
  • I collect Duffy/Shellie May/Gelatoni - I got a Duffy from the Disney store when he was trying and failing to sell in the UK, then I bought Shellie & Gelli from Tokyo Disney Sea
  • I know all of the words to any Disney animated Movie ever... I'm not kidding :oops: Its actually a really creepy talent.
  • I'm really fortunate in I have a mum who adores Disney, a Dad who loves Orlando, a Disney best friend who is almost as mad as me and a lovely partner who puts up with it (he loves it really lol)
  • I do my job so I can go to Disney, I've come to terms with this lol. (I do actually enjoy my job)
  • Favorite princess = Belle princess:, Favorite Villain = I love them all! but Ursula, other favorite = Stitch! :stitch2:
A bit more about me

• I've lived in Birmingham (UK not AL) for 7 years, truly I'm a southerner. :snooty:
  • I'm a mechanical engineer who works in the factory that makes Cadbury Chocolate - as I said I like my job. Yes I worked for Cadbury before the "mean americans" took over. No they haven't changed the recipe of Cadbury Dairy Milk. :rotfl:
  • :tinker:I get asked this a lot so I'll answer it, "what does an engineer do in a food factory?" - Well I'm glad you asked. Although the marketeers would like you to think that all the chocolate is magicked up by fairies, there are actually machines that make the chocolate - I design and improve the manufacturing line which makes the chocolate.
  • Ok enough about my job - in my spare time I like to cycle through mud.
  • I love animals although due to renting i'm currently not able to have any pets of my own (yet). :dog:pug::cat::fish:
Anyways I've been lurking around the boards for long enough. That's my story and its nice to be part of the group. I look forward to getting to know everone.

Hi I'm James. Been to Disney world a couple of times over the years as well as Disney Paris. Will be heading to Disney world this October with a couple of first timers, my wife and little boy.

Hi I'm James. Been to Disney world a couple of times over the years as well as Disney Paris. Will be heading to Disney world this October with a couple of first timers, my wife and little boy.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Hi James and welcome to the UK Community board, please feel free to join in on our threads and hope you have fun planning over on the UK Trip planning forum. I bet you can not wait to show your wife and little boy WDW, I hope you have a magical time.

Hello,
A member from 2004, but not used the forum much, regular visitors to WDW and going again next September.

Regards
Riverside

Hello,
A member from 2004, but not used the forum much, regular visitors to WDW and going again next September.

Regards
Riverside

Hello there Riverside, happy planning, I bet you cant wait to go back?. Welcome to the forum, look forward to catching up with your plans:chat:

Hi there I'm from across the pond near Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada. My parents (deceased now) were born in Newfoundland in 1918 when the island was a British Colony. Dad's people were from England, and Mom's from Ireland.

We Dh & I have been to WDW (Florida) 3 times. Once with our 2 sons, once with one son (the other was attending college) and once just the two of us. We took a Disney cruise in '2013 to the Caribbean with our then 6 1/2 yr old grandson; left his parents home. ;)

Hi there I'm from across the pond near Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada. My parents (deceased now) were born in Newfoundland in 1918 when the island was a British Colony. Dad's people were from England, and Mom's from Ireland.

We Dh & I have been to WDW (Florida) 3 times. Once with our 2 sons, once with one son (the other was attending college) and once just the two of us. We took a Disney cruise in '2013 to the Caribbean with our then 6 1/2 yr old grandson; left his parents home. ;)

Welcome, Im so sorry I missed this post before, so happy to have you join us here, :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hi Everyone! Never ventured to this part of the disboards before but thought I'd take a look! I'm Cheryl & I'm married with 2 kids! I work full time and run my own business. Luckily the whole family are Disney obssessed too and we're planning our 7th trip to the world! Look forward to chatting with you all!

Hi Everyone! Never ventured to this part of the disboards before but thought I'd take a look! I'm Cheryl & I'm married with 2 kids! I work full time and run my own business. Luckily the whole family are Disney obssessed too and we're planning our 7th trip to the world! Look forward to chatting with you all!

Hi Cheryl Welcome to the UK Community thread:welcome:

Happy to have you onboard, good luck with all your planning. When are you going and where are you staying?:flower1:

Hiya! We're booked for 19/8 - 2/9 and were staying at CBR. New resort for us so we're looking forward to it! Anyone else got plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!