Getting to Chef Mickeys

GrandmaLT

Mouseketeer
I have a breakfast at Chef Mickeys at 8:05 am and staying at Pop. Would I be right that taking a bus is not an option to getting there on time? Epcot is our park that day so guessing we'd drive to breakfast then drive back to Pop and take the skyliner to Epcot. I just figured a bus wouldn't be running in time to get us to MK to take the monorail or boat. Any thoughts?

It depends on what time MK opens that day as buses start operating 45 minutes before the parks open. You could drive over if you have a car or use a Minnie Van and then take the monorail to EPCOT.

I have a breakfast at Chef Mickeys at 8:05 am and staying at Pop. Would I be right that taking a bus is not an option to getting there on time? Epcot is our park that day so guessing we'd drive to breakfast then drive back to Pop and take the skyliner to Epcot. I just figured a bus wouldn't be running in time to get us to MK to take the monorail or boat. Any thoughts?
If it was me I wouldn’t plan Chef Mickey’s on my
Epcot day. Lots of wasted time in transportation that day. If you do keep your plan though I would just drive to chef mickeys then drive to Epcot to save time

I recommend a rideshare like Uber, Lyft, or even a Minivan. They'll pick you up right in front of Pop and go right to the front of the Contemporary. It's so fast and convenient!

You could also take one of the first busses to MK, the walk over (15 minute walk) to the Contemporary. If the bus is late though, it's kind of an unnecessary stress that you don't need while you're on vacation.

First option will cost but is quick. Second option is free but is long.
Remember, you can always make for money, but you can never make more time.

If you have a car then drive. Disney transportation resort to resort is already a pain and takes too long, and risky for breakfast.

Then drive back to hotel like you said or go park at Epcot if you plan a mid day break take car back then.

I thought I read some other threads where they don't allow or restrict online taxi access to Contemporary due to overcrowding/traffic congestion and people using it as a way to avoid paying for MK parking? Maybe that has changed recently? When we last stayed at the Contemporary, Chef Mickey's was always very crowded for breakfast with a long line of people. We aren't big breakfast eaters so usually ate at the Contempo Cafe instead, but doubt that would make sense if staying at the other side of the property.

Travel time whatever method you use as well as the amount of time to eat would seem to make other choices a better option for breakfast. The young children in our party enjoyed Chef Mickey's for dinner, but we were already staying there so transit time wasn't a factor.

I thought I read some other threads where they don't allow or restrict online taxi access to Contemporary due to overcrowding/traffic congestion and people using it as a way to avoid paying for MK parking?
Guests who have an ADR are allowed in, no problem. Guests without a reservation (a mobile order doesn’t count, especially near park opening time) frequently are not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter