Getting ready to book 4 night cruise...questions?

dharma517

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am planning on booking a 4 night cruise for September 25, 2005 for my DH and my 2 girls (ages 3 and 4.5 at time of cruise) and I have a couple of questions. The first is that my mom and sister are also going and we were going to get two Cat 4 rooms next to each other but now I see they have adjoining rooms...should we go for the adjoining rooms? Is their any disadvantage to that? Where are the doors? The other question is where do you have to go on the ship once you get on board to get Palo and Spa ressies? Do you have to go to the spa and then to Palo separately? Or do you go to Guest Services? Their will be 4 of us adults so we can do each at the same time if we have to split up. Can one of us make all the spa ressies/Palo for the group or does each person have to be there in person? And...one more...lol..for the disney dreams ...is that only one show for the entire 4 nights or does that run nightly? I want to make sure we get to see that...any tips on that?
Thanks
Jennprincess:

I thought I was booking early ( May 2005)
We booked two cat 4 adjoining rooms. I have done that on other cruise line and it worked out well. The doors kept it quiet but when we wanted to be social we just opened them up. It was a lot of fun. We will be traveling with Daughter - son-inlaw- and a 2.5 and 4.5 grandaughters. I bet they will be in Grandma and Grandpas room often. We said we would let them have a evening out at least one night so we can just put the kids in their own beds and keep the doors open.:crowded:

I don't know if I can help you much with the adjoining staterooms questions, but I will try with most of the others..

Palo and Spa ressies are in different places. Usually, Palo ressies are taken in the wavebands club and the Spa ressies you go to the Spa. You should be able to send different members of your party to each location and do it that way. Guest services would probably be busy so best to avoid that area.

Disney Dreams I believe shows on the last night of a 4 night cruise. It's something you'd want to see for sure!

goingbacksoon

The easy first....Spa and Palo reservations are in different places. Send one person to make Palo reservations for both rooms...other person/s to the spa for those reservations. You do not make reservations at Guest Services. You will get a paper when you check in telling you where to go for various things, and what time they are open.

After you have done your adult reservations, you'll want to take the kids to the club and get them registered. There's no hurry on this though.

I'm puzzled...if you have a family of 4 and you mom and sis are in the other room, why do you want 2 rooms that sleep 5? If you drop down to a cat. 5 or 6, you can get adjoining rooms and save some $. But then, I might be missing some people or whatever....

Disney Dreams is shown on one night only. They do it twice, once for each dinner seating. Make sure that the kids see Island Magic, also.

I am going to book today! Yeah...we are booking early...I think that is the earliest we can go because the girls won't be really old enough to enough the Oceaneers club together until then. We are going on the Sept 25-29th cruise and my youngest won't even turn 3 until Oct 2nd...but they said as long as she was within a month it was ok...and she will just be a few days away. If we booked earlier she would have to go to Flouders reef and be separted from big sis and I don't think that would go over well. Also...we picked 2 cat 4 room for space and in case one or both of the adults need to move over for sanity...lol...we have never slept in the same room with both kids...not sure if they will think it is a party or something! I am sure I will have tons more questions!
thanks,
Jennprincess:

Make sure your youngest will be potty trained by then! It says age 3 and fully potty trained.

Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter