Getting off at Cast Away Cay

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by liz4820, Jan 21, 2013.

1. liz4820

liz4820 Earning My Ears

Can anyone please tell me in what order the disney wonder lets its passengers off when they get to Cast Away Cay. Do they call all decks at once or do they let some off first or do they go by membership order.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. joelnkelly

joelnkelly Mouseketeer

there is no order, you just get off when they let you

4. Disneyelf10

Disneyelf10 DIS Veteran

Hi...they make an announcement and everyone can get off when ready. They do not call each deck.

5. mickeyfan1

mickeyfan1 <font color=purple>Come and let me show you my tat

Free for all, except those on specific tours will cut into the line and will have preference.

6. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

There's no order. Just wait for the announcement.

Woody

7. jlowejd5

jlowejd5 DIS Veteran

You can either disobey direct orders from the captain and stand in a knot of 250 people on the stairwells and be in the way, or you can just hang out and meander off at your leisure after that human plug goes away.

8. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

9. tinkmom2

tinkmom2 DIS Veteran

They make an announcement that the gangway is open. On the Wonder it's kinda confusing to figure out where the gangway is even though there are signs lol There are usually people waiting there for them to open the doors and then you are free to go. You can walk to the beach or take the tram. The tram takes off every few minutes but you can be at the beach in less than a 5 minute straight walk. Just grab some towels, bring a bag, and claim your spot! I have pics of Castaway in my trip report in my signature. We've been on the Wonder twice and the Dream once. The procedure is pretty much identical.

10. ps17

ps17 DIS Veteran

We will say this - take it or leave it. It is your last day of vacation. Enjoy it. Get up for breakfast at a good time - if you want to be there early, fine, get up earlier BUT - don't sweat it. Don't be a part of that mad rush and if you happen to be in line, there is nothing to stress about.

With the expanded beach there is plenty of room, even with the large ships. If you really need a beachfront spot to watch your kids play, you can always pick up a chair or lounger and move it.

The last three times we went, we have always leisurely got off the ship and there were plenty of great spots available for the taking. Our two cents....

(plus you can take the tram all the way to pelican point and there is always good space there. We have our favorite spot on this peninsula and that has always had space....)

11. dharma517

dharma517 Mouseketeer

We had a party of 10 with 6 youngish kids so we had requirements...near a bar..lol. Near a potty...near food...near the water. So my DH and my Best friend (a rep from the other party) went out before us...by about 20 mins to secure the spot. Worked perfectly. I kept the kids busy eating and packing and we walked off leisurely and did not subject other people to our 6 kids freaking out in the crowded stairwells. Send scouts!

12. Tami0220

Tami0220 Chip & Dale Fanatic

Think I read somewhere that concierge is let off first

13. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

If you really need to get off the ship fast at Castaway Cay you could jump off the ship like some teens apparently did. However you may have to explain to the captain why you weren't scanned of the ship. :rotfl2:

14. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

That has not happened in 9 stops at CC or any other port. If you are at a tender port, concierge can give you an early tender ticket. In other ports where you just walk off the ship, it's first come first serve at the gangway.