Getting nervous - review my ADR's

mermaid&cinderella

DIS Veteran
Okay I have less than 2 weeks to when I can call and book my ADR's and I have reviewed and revised my list too many times. Please take a look and make your suggestions:

The cast:
ME - Minnie Mouse - loves seafood and chicken and salads
DH - Mickey Mouse - loves seafood, steak and creme brulee
DD - Aurora - loves chicken fingers, salad, pastas (not mac and cheese) and loves character meals
We have also been on a big health kick and don't want to wreck that during our trip so I tried to pick places that have healthier foods also.

Day 1 - Arrive in Orlando at 1:07pm - rest of day at EPCOT - TS Dinner at Teppan Edo
Day 2 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ Cape May
Day 3 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Ohana Dinner @ Tutto Italia
Day 4 - Morning at the Pool, Afternoon at DTD - Breakfast @ Chef Mickey Dinner @ T-Rex
Day 5 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Cape May Dinner @ Le Cellar
Day 6 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ our resort CS since we are doing MNSSHP this evening
Day 7 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ CRT DInner @ 1900 Park Fare
Day 8 - Day at AK - Breakfast @ Tusker House Dinner @ Coral Reef
Day 9 - Day at DHS - Breakfast @ 1900 Patk Fare Dinner @ Raglan Road
Day 10 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Akershus Dinner @ Narccoossee's
Day 11 - leave Orlando at 1:55pm so Breakfast will be CS at resort

When I say "day at" we usually like to get to the park early and leave around 2-3pm and then back to our resort for a swim.

So any suggestions, recommendations is greatly appreciated!

When are yall going to be there?

We can make our ADRs July 1st.

We are going to try to get Teppon Edo (may not be spelled right) as a lunch. Hoping that will help w/ the ADR.

We are going to the MNSSHP & shooting for Liberty Tavern Character meal that night.

Can't miss the Hoop De Doo. We may try to get that one after the FREE DINING is over. We will be there Oct 4th & 5th.

Good luck. I'll subscribe to this thread, so let me know if you get what you want.

I'm hoping that most people will have their kids in school at that time, so the parks will not be crowded.

We are going September 24th to October 4th so my adr day is June 26 (very excited:cool1:)
e have never done Teppan Edo so we thougt we would try it on our first night b/c if we miss it it's not too disappointing....LOL Last year our flight was delayed and we missed Teppan Edo, looks like we'll never eat there.....LOL I would never put a fave the first night....KWIM!
Last year I had a TS booked for our Pirate & Princess Party evening and I felt it was too stressful so we are just going to grab a CS at the resort before we leave for MK.
I am also hoping the parks won't be as busy;)
Good luck with your trip!

Okay I have less than 2 weeks to when I can call and book my ADR's and I have reviewed and revised my list too many times. Please take a look and make your suggestions:

The cast:
DD - Aurora - loves chicken fingers, salad, pastas (not mac and cheese) and loves character meals
We have also been on a big health kick and don't want to wreck that during our trip so I tried to pick places that have healthier foods also.

Day 1 - Arrive in Orlando at 1:07pm - rest of day at EPCOT - TS Dinner at Teppan Edo
Day 2 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ Cape May
Day 3 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Ohana Dinner @ Tutto Italia
Day 4 - Morning at the Pool, Afternoon at DTD - Breakfast @ Chef Mickey Dinner @ T-Rex
Day 5 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Cape May Dinner @ Le Cellar
Day 6 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ our resort CS since we are doing MNSSHP this evening
Day 7 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ CRT DInner @ 1900 Park Fare
Day 8 - Day at AK - Breakfast @ Tusker House Dinner @ Coral Reef
Day 9 - Day at DHS - Breakfast @ 1900 Patk Fare Dinner @ Raglan Road

When I say "day at" we usually like to get to the park early and leave around 2-3pm and then back to our resort for a swim.

Personally, I would change the Teppan Edo reservation. Hibatchi restaurants are all over the world right now and I do not find anything special about the one in WDW. I'd prefer to go to another Epcot restaurant over that. Perhaps Chefs de France or Rose & Crown?

I'd also suggest that you modify some of your dinner plans according to what park you'll be at. For example, you are going to be at MK on Day 2, so stick with restaurants there or at nearby resorts. Cape May is closer to Epcot and the Studios and would add unnecessary travel time. It'd also allow you to quickly and easily go back to the park at night for fireworks, shows, or just to stroll around. I'd change your plans to this...

Day 1 - Arrive in Orlando at 1:07pm - rest of day at EPCOT - Dinner @ Tutto Italia

Day 2 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern or The Wave or California Grill

Day 3 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's Dinner @ Narcoossee's

Day 4 - Morning at the Pool, Afternoon at DTD - Breakfast @ resort or have a light breakfast there and lunch at Earl of Sandwich Dinner @ T-Rex

Day 5 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Cape May Dinner @ Le Cellier

Day 7 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ CRT Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare

Day 8 - Day at AK - Breakfast @ Tusker House Dinner @ Boma or Jiko

Day 9 - Day at DHS - Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare Dinner @ Prime Time Cafe

Day 10 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Akershus Dinner @ Cape May Cafe

Either way, make sure you are not overpacking yourself with travel time. That is one of the most aggravating parts of a WDW vacation. If you plan to eat where you'll be, it is much easier and enjoyable. Remember, there's no resort to resort transportation. You have to use transportation to a park and then a resort. Here's a WDW property map to help. http://www.bestfloridaresorts.com/maps/wdwmap.jpg

We ate at 1900 PF dinner in January and the food was horrible, way too salty and just gross. We did Raglan Road last week and it was terrible, the second worst meal of our trip, first prize went to Nine Dragons. I have tons of pics and reviews of both meals in my links.

The cast:

Day 1 - Arrive in Orlando at 1:07pm - rest of day at EPCOT - TS Dinner at Teppan Edo--we have never been there to eat before were considering it but it didn't make the final cut lol

Day 2 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ Cape Maywe have been to crystal palace for dinner before not my cup of tea but that is because i am not a buffet person and do not enjoy the mixture of all the different foods - but if you enjoy buffets you will love it-- i have never been to cape may-- are you going for there dinner? maybe too much buffet in one day?:confused3
Day 3 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Ohana Dinner @ Tutto Italia- we love ohana for dinner but ihave never been there for breakfast- we tried tutto last year and enjoyed it-- but ready to try something new this year

Day 4 - Morning at the Pool, Afternoon at DTD - Breakfast @ Chef Mickey Dinner @ T-Rex- have never done either of these

Day 5 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Cape May Dinner @ Le Cellar-le celliar mmmmm!! i love this place and adore the food i can't get enough of it:)

Day 6 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ our resort CS since we are doing MNSSHP this evening-maybe try getting dinner atliberty tree tavern? since you will already be in the park? i really enjoy it there

Day 7 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ CRT DInner @ 1900 Park Fare-both sound good but i have never been to either

Day 8 - Day at AK - Breakfast @ Tusker House Dinner @ Coral Reef-coral reef we have been to once before and enjoyed it and loved the atmosphere

Day 9 - Day at DHS - Breakfast @ 1900 Patk Fare Dinner @ Raglan Road-raglan road we did not enjoy-- maybe suggest trying a different place for dinner? kona cafe? ohanas?

Day 10 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Akershus Dinner @ Narccoossee's-we are eating at narccoosee's too this year for the first time and i am very excited for this one

everything looks good but i see that some places we are planning on eating breakfast and dinner at-- maybe try picking either breakfast or dinner and trying a few other places in the mix? what about sci- fi, 50's prime time, mama melrose, liberty tree tavern, just a few suggestions:) but your lin-up does look delicious!!:banana:

Personally, I would change the Teppan Edo reservation. Hibatchi restaurants are all over the world right now and I do not find anything special about the one in WDW. I'd prefer to go to another Epcot restaurant over that. Perhaps Chefs de France or Rose & Crown?

I'd also suggest that you modify some of your dinner plans according to what park you'll be at. For example, you are going to be at MK on Day 2, so stick with restaurants there or at nearby resorts. Cape May is closer to Epcot and the Studios and would add unnecessary travel time. It'd also allow you to quickly and easily go back to the park at night for fireworks, shows, or just to stroll around. I'd change your plans to this...

Day 1 - Arrive in Orlando at 1:07pm - rest of day at EPCOT - Dinner @ Tutto Italia

Day 2 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern or The Wave or California Grill

Day 3 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's Dinner @ Narcoossee's

Day 4 - Morning at the Pool, Afternoon at DTD - Breakfast @ resort or have a light breakfast there and lunch at Earl of Sandwich Dinner @ T-Rex

Day 5 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Cape May Dinner @ Le Cellier

Day 7 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ CRT Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare

Day 8 - Day at AK - Breakfast @ Tusker House Dinner @ Boma or Jiko

Day 9 - Day at DHS - Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare Dinner @ Prime Time Cafe

Day 10 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Akershus Dinner @ Cape May Cafe

Either way, make sure you are not overpacking yourself with travel time. That is one of the most aggravating parts of a WDW vacation. If you plan to eat where you'll be, it is much easier and enjoyable. Remember, there's no resort to resort transportation. You have to use transportation to a park and then a resort. Here's a WDW property map to help. http://www.bestfloridaresorts.com/maps/wdwmap.jpg

DD has only been to one Japanese restaurant and it was in Cuba (LOL) so I thought it would be a nice experience for her, the whole show they do when they cook and its our first night so if we get delayed oh well, no biggie! I actually did have Chef du France on that day but my friend just came back from WDW last month and it was her worst meal and I have been reading some bad reviews so no Chef Du France this time for us. I looked at Rose & Crown menu and its not that appealing unfortunately!

Like I said in my OP we don't stay in the park all day. We will always go back to our resort (CBR) and take a swim and then head out for dinner. We also eat dinner later on a daily basis so my ressies will be for 7:30-8:00pm. So plenty of time to relax and get to our restaurant.

We ate at 1900 PF dinner in January and the food was horrible, way too salty and just gross. We did Raglan Road last week and it was terrible, the second worst meal of our trip, first prize went to Nine Dragons. I have tons of pics and reviews of both meals in my links.

Wow that is alot of reviews. I will definately go back and read them all:thumbsup2
We have always done 1900 Park Fare and enjoyed it, well the food is okay, nothing spectacular but edible. DD loves the step sisters and cinderella so we will definately do it again just for the characters.
Yes your meal at Raglan Road did not look appealing, I may have to change that one!
Nine Drangons is very Chinese and DH is not the biggest chinese fan and either is DD.
Thanks for your reply, I am off to read all your reviews.....I may be up for a while:lmao:

everything looks good but i see that some places we are planning on eating breakfast and dinner at-- maybe try picking either breakfast or dinner and trying a few other places in the mix? what about sci- fi, 50's prime time, mama melrose, liberty tree tavern, just a few suggestions:) but your lin-up does look delicious!!:banana:

Well 1900 Park Fare the characters are different at dinner and at breakfast and DD likes those two and Cape May we have never done but the breakfast is characters and dinner is a clam bake style and we just love seafood so definately want to try it since we have never been....but good observation!

Honestly Sci-Fi, 50's prime, liberty tree menus don;t appeal to us. Again we are trying to eat as healthy as possible on our trip and those places don't have any good healthy choices. Mama Melrose really gets some terrible reviews, I had it on my list but I removed it. I also can't spend a whole day at MGM so I won't want to go back there for dinner.
Thanks for your reply!

Well 1900 Park Fare the characters are different at dinner and at breakfast and DD likes those two and Cape May we have never done but the breakfast is characters and dinner is a clam bake style and we just love seafood so definately want to try it since we have never been....but good observation!

Honestly Sci-Fi, 50's prime, liberty tree menus don;t appeal to us. Again we are trying to eat as healthy as possible on our trip and those places don't have any good healthy choices. Mama Melrose really gets some terrible reviews, I had it on my list but I removed it. I also can't spend a whole day at MGM so I won't want to go back there for dinner.
Thanks for your reply!

Never heard of 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, & the other one w/ the Reg.... Where are they?

Never heard of 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, & the other one w/ the Reg.... Where are they?

1900 Park Fare is at the Grand Floridian Resort. The breakfast is Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins. Dinner is Cinderella, Prince, Stepmother and the Bad Stepsisters.

Cape May is at the Beach Club Resort and the breakfast is a character meal with some of the Mickey gang, the dinner is just a buffet (no characters) but its suppose to be like a clam bake!

The other I think you mean is Raglan Road, that is in DTD.

Teppen EDO IS THE BEST. IT'S NOT LIKE THE ONES AT HOME. IT'S A MUST DO EVERY TRIP :worship::worship:
Day 2 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ Cape May GREAT:thumbsup2
Day 3 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Ohana Dinner @ Tutto Italia GREAT LOVE TUTTO :thumbsup2
Day 4 - Morning at the Pool, Afternoon at DTD - Breakfast @ Chef Mickey Dinner @ T-Rex GREAT CHEF MICKEY'S IS THE BEST :thumbsup2
Day 5 - Day at EPCOT - Breakfast @ Cape May Dinner @ Le Cellar GREAT
Day 6 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace Dinner @ our resort CS since we are doing MNSSHP this evening GREAT
Day 7 - Day at MK - Breakfast @ CRT DInner @ 1900 Park Fare GREAT
Day 8 - Day at AK - Breakfast @ Tusker House Dinner @ Coral Reef GREAT
Day 9 - Day at DHS - Breakfast @ 1900 Patk Fare Dinner @ Raglan Road GREAT & MY FAMILY JUST DID RR THEY LIKE IT HERE.
Never Been To Ak. But NARCOOSSEE'S IS AWESOME

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP

I wish that I knew the Extra Magic Hrs for our trip, so we can plan our days. This would help a bunch when making ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter