Getting in Shape for Disney

I lost 57 pounds before our trip in '09. It was over a two year period. I used Wii fit, ran on a treadmill, played softball and rode a mountian bike. I was active every day and cut out most of my carbs. We had our first child since then so 25 lbs have come back but i'm on my way back down.

I'm leaving at the end of May, I have lost 14 pounds since mid January, I am taking the stairs daily, and walk a lot everyday at work, I teach a exercise class to seniors even though its chair exercise, I do it with then several times a week.
I also have started eating a healthy breakfast which is strange that I'm losing weight adding a meal! I have cut out bread unless its whole grain and staying away from fast food.I want to lose between 10 and 15 more pounds. I can't work out, I got injured at work which is another whole story. Any suggestion on how to get 10 pounds off in 6 weeks?

I signed up for the exercise challenge! Set your minutes for the month and then report as you go along! I LOVE it!!!:goodvibes

Lots of supportive people!

I always said I didn't want to go until I was in better shape. This year I definitely am in much better shape. We leave a week from tomorrow (on the 23rd) and so excited. I have lost 70 pounds since Sept of last year. I went from a size 26 down to a size 16! :woohoo: I was walking about 20 miles a week since Jan doing the Walk Away The Pound DVD's. This past month I've been skipping rope, jumping jacks and such for 20 minutes 3x/week plus weight lifting 3 days and other things. I also have started walking a mile daily just so we can be ready for all that walking. I think it will be easy for us.

DH has lost over 50 pounds since Nov of last year. Together we have dropped over 130 pounds. I still have another 60 until I hit my goal. I'm hoping to get there by the end of the year. Hubby wants to lose another 20 so he should be there by end of summer or earlier at the rate he is losing. At his job he walks the evquilant of 6+ miles daily. He is on his feet most of the day running around the warehouse. So walking at the mouse should be much easier for him.

I'm leaving at the end of May, I have lost 14 pounds since mid January, I am taking the stairs daily, and walk a lot everyday at work, I teach a exercise class to seniors even though its chair exercise, I do it with then several times a week.
I also have started eating a healthy breakfast which is strange that I'm losing weight adding a meal! I have cut out bread unless its whole grain and staying away from fast food.I want to lose between 10 and 15 more pounds. I can't work out, I got injured at work which is another whole story. Any suggestion on how to get 10 pounds off in 6 weeks?

Not really strange considering breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. Breakfast not only feeds your brain, but starts your metabolism for the day! If you don't eat breakfast your metabolism doesn't start and your body kicks into "storing fat" mode.

Congrats on losing weight!! Since you can't work out right now, can you add more walking to your schedule? Before work or after dinner? I find walking really works! I'm now walking 6 kms most days.

This thread is great! My sister & I have just decided to put ourselves back on weight watchers. We live in the biggest subdivision in our city & can easily get out & walk each evening. Thanks for all the advise on Wii fit & Walk away the lbs DVD. We may just get them both! We've pretty much been overweight all our lives & have yo-yo dieted too many times. We go to WDW again in October & wanna look & feel better before then. Love the encouragement. Where is this W.I.S.H thing?

Good for you! Also switched to the whole grains pretty much exclusively. I also really cut down on desserts which I never thought I could do. Much, much less white suger too. We also got a lot of processed foods from the house and I'm actually eating more fruits and veggies. I alos do a lot of foods from scratch (simple things) and working with whole foods as much as possible. I am no where perfect with all of this, but it is helping! I'm going for all the water and am starting to walk now. I am down about 10 pounds from the beginning of the year without really trying.

Good luck to everyone! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Jessica

If you don't have it, Wii Active is great too. It's rough but they have a 30 day challenge that will kick your butt without leaving the house.

Hi just wanted to throw my story out there. Last year we went in August to Disney didnt realize how my bad the 40 pounds I put on had looked until I looked at the pictures and wanted to crop off the lower 1/2 of all our pictures. I started in January watching what I ate and adding very little exercise into my plan and dropped 30 pounds. Then realized the scale wouldnt move at all anymore and I still had about 15 more pounds I wanted to lose. Last week I started the "Atkins" diet plan that is free online. I lost 6 pounds just last week alone. Yesterday I added in my treadmill and Im hoping to lose another 10 in the next month before we go down there in May.
Good luck to everyone trying to lose the weight.
Oh yeah and hubby has lost about 65 pounds so far with Atkins and weight lifting...

My family and I have started walking every night, gotta get the boys used to walking because I do not want to hear alot of whining about having to walk alot while we are at Disney.

I am going to start being more active on the Wii fit also.

I am trying sooo hard to get in shape. I have been on Atkins since the end of January and am stuck at 31 pounds. Seriously I feel like I have hit a brick wall. Any ideas. I have just recently started daily exercising and I know that will helpe eventually but it hasn't so far. We are going WDW Nov and I really want to be in shape. This is discouraging but I am planning on hanging in there.
Congrats to all of you other disners who are working hard on getting in shape! Keep up the good work!

Add me to the list of people who are trying to lose weight before a Disney trip because of the weight I know I am bound to put on :lmao:

I have a trip coming up in June to see my skinny sister in Cali at Disneyland - would like to lose 20 ish before that trip. Our trip home to BCV is in October and I would like to have lost 50 by then. Well see how it goes. I am following Weight Watchers program and have lost 20 since January. I know I need to step up the exercise if I am going to get there.

Good luck to everyone who is trying to reach their goals.

Ohhh, I need motivation! Like my upcoming trip isn't enough? :rotfl:

The past 3 weeks have been hard trying to lose weight. I think I'm finally back on track after our new local challenge started up again, but ugh.

I should have left for Curves 1/2 an hour ago! Instead I remain glued to the DISboards.

There's so much I want to do around the house, and on the computer, before I end up with 8 kids here after school.

Ack! That reminded me... I'm suppose to bake cupcakes today for an after-school snack. I promised the kids. Ugh.. and get laundry in, clean the main level, get everything ready for 4 pizzas to pop in the oven tonight, get to the bank. I want to skip working out today!!

But I can't... I have got to force myself out the door. Knowing that when I get back, I'll have less than 2 hours to get all that done before the horde descends upon my door, begging - no demanding! - the promised cupcakes.

(sigh) Wish me luck! This afternoon is going to be very hard resisting these stupid cupcakes!

Ohhh, I need motivation! Like my upcoming trip isn't enough? :rotfl:

The past 3 weeks have been hard trying to lose weight. I think I'm finally back on track after our new local challenge started up again, but ugh.

I should have left for Curves 1/2 an hour ago! Instead I remain glued to the DISboards.

There's so much I want to do around the house, and on the computer, before I end up with 8 kids here after school.

Ack! That reminded me... I'm suppose to bake cupcakes today for an after-school snack. I promised the kids. Ugh.. and get laundry in, clean the main level, get everything ready for 4 pizzas to pop in the oven tonight, get to the bank. I want to skip working out today!!

But I can't... I have got to force myself out the door. Knowing that when I get back, I'll have less than 2 hours to get all that done before the horde descends upon my door, begging - no demanding! - the promised cupcakes.

(sigh) Wish me luck! This afternoon is going to be very hard resisting these stupid cupcakes!

Breathe! You sound so stressed!! But I will tell you I can relate as I have been through all you describe. Just focus and think about your goals and if you screw up...forgive yourself and move on for the next day. Hang in there and keep motivated!!!!

Breathe! You sound so stressed!! But I will tell you I can relate as I have been through all you describe. Just focus and think about your goals and if you screw up...forgive yourself and move on for the next day. Hang in there and keep motivated!!!!

LOL - I was stressed, wasn't I? Thanks for the nice words.

It all worked out in the end. I got the house tidy quickly and 2 loads of laundry done, made the cupcakes (and promptly ate 3 of them - thankfully all the kids gobbled the rest), and hubby was home early to help with the 4 pizzas for dinner. I... umm... ate at least 3/4 of a pizza myself :rolleyes1

Thankfully I ended up working at curves after all, and walked 8 kms yesterday! So when I weighed myself this morning, I actually lost .2 of a pound! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter