Getting from Houston Airport to Galveston, Tx for cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by PrincessAbby'sMom, Feb 9, 2013.

1. PrincessAbby'sMom

PrincessAbby'sMom DIS Veteran

What are our options & how expensive?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

DCL has transfers, I think I read that they are $30 per person each way.

4. PrincessAbby'sMom

Good to know:):cool1:... figured not in California or Florida (where there are parks) there wouldn't be!?! :confused3 So good to hear!:cool1::thumbsup2

5. I❤MICKEY

I❤MICKEY DIS Veteran

FYI - dreams unlimited advised me that Disney was discontinuing this service in Galveston. I believe Feb 23 is the last date.

We booked through a private service The Hilton Galveston recommended Dwayne with Texas Air Port Car. The cost is $95 for 3 or less people and$35 per person 4+ (each way). I requested an online quote which I received. I had read an online review that stated children under 3 are free. Sent him another email. He responded with a phone call and confirmed under 3 is free. So for the four of us the cost will be $95 which is $5 more than Disney transfers and he will pick-up/drop-off at the hotels rather than just the airport. The icing on the cake is that he asked if we were bringing car seats. When I said we were trying to avoid it he said no problem. He has car seats and booster seats. http://texasairportcar.com/index.html

6. TheReeders

TheReeders Earning My Ears

They are discontinuing the service from Hobby airport, not IAH. I asked DCL because my cruise is in October and I will have shuttle transportation from IAH.

7. I❤MICKEY

I❤MICKEY DIS Veteran

Thank you for clarifying. We fly into Hobby - that must have been why DU informed us.

8. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Really? I am a little concerned because I haven't heard this. We have DCL booked to Hobby after our cruise in April. They have yet to inform me of otherwise. :confused3

9. mamabug70

mamabug70 Amy L

We booked DCL transfers from Hobby for out Jan cruise on the Magic.. It was $30 per person each way. When I called to find out how the transfers work, the DCL rep told me they were discontinuing service but I cant remember if they said March or May. Here is the number I called for embarkation services. 1-800-395-9374.

10. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Thank you. I will call. I don't want to be stuck!! Esp. since I already paid them for these transfers!!!! Thanks again

11. PrincessAbby'sMom

Anyone find out anything on Disney transfers from Houston to Galveston? Finally booked & that is my next step?!?

12. TheReeders

TheReeders Earning My Ears

I don't have enough posts to post a link, but it says on wdw.com. It says after May 2013, transfers are from IAH only

13. klayresmom

klayresmom Earning My Ears

We had DCL transfers from Huston to Galveston for the 4/6 sail. 2 adults 1 child was $180. We decided to come in a day early and are now doing DCL transfers from Huston to Hotel Galvez for one night with transfers from the hotel to port in the morning. Then after the cruise, port to Huston. The price went up $205 more, however that includes the Hotel stay. I booked all of this through DCL.

14. PrincessAbby'sMom

So it was $385 for 3 people round trip transportation to & from airport to port & a hotel stay? Boy that sounds high! I am calling to pay up on my trip today - I will have to ask!

Thanks!

15. klayresmom

The DCL transfers are $60 per person round trip. ($180 for a family of 3). They will do the airport, hotel, port, airport transfers I mentioned if you stay at their Disney preferred hotel. So basically our room was $205 which is a good price at THAT hotel for when we are going. There are definitely cheaper options...just DCL transportation wouldn't work "with" it. We are paying for convenience and the haunted hotel on the water.

16. klayresmom

DCL transportation alone...no hotel...from Huston to port, then back to IAH is 60.00 per person.

17. PrincessAbby'sMom

I quoted Galvez the other day & it was $125, I guess I need to run with it then?!?

18. klayresmom

Run! Our rate was 179.....the 205 included tax.

19. jestracker

jestracker Mickey Fan

Just tried to contact the Texas Air Port Car at the web site address you posted. The phone number for them is not a working phone number. Do you know any other way to contact them? Thank you

20. jestracker

jestracker Mickey Fan

Is that the correct web site? I went there, found the phone number and it is no longer a valid number. Is the business still in service?

21. ilovebassets

ilovebassets Animal Kingdom fanatic!

We have transfers booked from Hobby for our March 1st cruise, 4 adults, 2 under age 3. $240 total. They don't charge for the under 3 crowd which made it worth the $240 to us to have the peace of mind and to not have to bring car seats for a taxi (flame away!) I was told that on the chance they do use a taxi or shuttle rather than a bus for the transport, Disney will provide car seats.