Getting child excited for Animal Kingdom-ideas

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by laurba99, Sep 18, 2012.

1. laurba99

laurba99 Earning My Ears

We go to MK day one and day 2 works best to do AK and I booked a character meal (only thing booked that I can't cancel)
    He is already saying I want to go to the regular Disney world. Do you 4-5 yr old love AK once they arrive? We will have time to do magic kingdom another day again.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

Our family loves Animal Kingdom. It's probably second behind the MK for the kids, and it's my husband's favorite. We our outdoorsy and go to local zoos a lot, so that's probably why they enjoy it so much. I love how it feels more leisurely and laid back. That's also where we do most of our character meal interactions (Tusker House as well as the character greeting trails) so that helps.

I know AK is not very popular on the boards, but we absolutely love it. It's not ride heavy, but the atmosphere and the animals are amazing.

A lot of people have the misconception that the MK is Disneyworld and the other parks are something else. My kids think of all 4 parks are being Disneyworld, but they have been going since they were babies. So each day we visit a different part of Disneyworld, but I do try to bookend the trip with MK visits as best I can.

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Our grand kids have been to Disneyland and the MK, but when we got to AK they were worried there weren't any rides. :confused3 As soon as we got on a ride they changed their minds and had a fun day.

Just tell your son that Mickey wants him to try the rides at Animal Kingdom. Show him some a youtube video of the Animal Safari ride.

5. akclayton

akclayton Mouseketeer

If the kid isn't really much of an outdoors person then I would look up videos on you tube and have them watch. Everything from a parade, to the shows to the few rides they may be able to do. There are even street performances that happen and very entertaining for kids as well as adults. If the kids loves the outdoors, they should love Animal Kingdom. We LOVE Animal Kingdom. I was worried my niece and nephew wouldn't like it but they loved it when we went in June. There are lots of exciting videos for Animal Kingdom on You Tube though.

6. Queen2PrincessG

Queen2PrincessG DIS Veteran

We too love AK. There is so much to see and do in my eyes.

if it were me I would take him on the Safari first and then EE and then Dinosaur. High action am!! Then he will want a nice calm afternoon.