Getting a Wii...some newbie help please!!

njmomboys2

Mouseketeer
Hi there.....we are finally getting a Wii for my 2 boys (have been on a wait list for over 3 months at local video store) and need some help on what is needed/what it comes with:

What do you get with the actual unit?

How many controllers?

Any games included?

Is it true that Gamecube games play on the Wii?

What are the best controllers?

What about games? My boys want Super Smash Brothers Brawl...they are 13 & 8...Thanks

Any other newbie tips?

I don't own a Wii but my sister does.

We put a hole in her brand new wall because my DH didn't strap the remote on my girls' hands tight enough.

I'm sure know to strap the remote on tightly.

The wii comes with one controller. Yes gamecube games can be played on the wii too. You will use the controllers from the gamecube or a wii classic controller for those games(not the wireless one that comes with the wii). The wii comes with the wii sports game which has bowling, golf, tennis and boxing.

I think you will want a second controller, it is not necessary but it does make most of the games easier, not having to pass the controller back and forth bowling for example.

My kids like brawl and also mariokart is fun. I believe that game comes with one steering wheel for your controller to snap into and it would be handy to have as many wheels as children wanting to race.

Buy rechargable batteries or maybe the docking station that can recharge the wiimotes. Hope that helps a little and I didn't confuse you more than you already were!

The Wii comes with one controller and one nunchuk ( you need this for some games not all games) and the game Wii sports - which is lots of fun.

You will probably want to buy atleast one more controller and nunchuk when you first get the Wii so both boys can play and eventually add 2 more for a total of 4 controllers and nunchuks. The controllers do eat up batteries so you may have to consider getting the rechargable base for the controllers - it really is worth it.

My son LOVES SuperSmash Brother Brawl!! So that will be a hit:) He also loves Zelda, anything Mario, Guitar Hero and Lego Star Wars. We just bought Wii Fit and we all love that.

Yes you can play your Gamecube games on the Wii and you even use your GameCube Controllers on the Wii to play the Gamecube games. But you can not use the GameCube controllers to play the Wii games.

It is easy to get excited and throw your controller around harder then you should, so when they first get started make sure you have plenty of room and to not stand too close to the TV. Wii sports is a great game to practice and get a feel for the controller. We have had our Wii since they first came out and we have never had a problem with throwing the control or losing our grip on it but I also made sure to tell the kids when they first started when they were swinging too hard.

Have Fun!!!!:thumbsup2

What do you get with the actual unit?
The launch Wii package includes the console, a stand to allow the console be placed vertically, a circular clear stabilizer for the main stand, one Wii Remote, one Nunchuk attachment, one Sensor Bar, a removable stand for the sensor bar, one external main power adapter, AV cables (component video and other type of cables will be available separately), and a copy of Wii Sports.

How many controllers? See above

Any games included?

Wii Sports, 5 games in one.

Is it true that Gamecube games play on the Wii? Yes

What are the best controllers? WiiMote, Nunchuk

What about games? My boys want Super Smash Brothers Brawl...they are 13 & 8...Thanks

We have Wii Fit, Wii Play,DDR and countless Gamecube games. My son is 15 so I'm sure you'll get plenty of other answers for your kids' ages.

Any other newbie tips? Enjoy it with your kids! It's fun!! :cool1:

The Wii comes with one remote and one nunchuck. Most games can be played with just the controller, but there are a few that require the nunchuck, which plugs into the controller. Boxing (which is on the Wii Sports game that comes with the Wii) is one game that uses a nunchuck. You can play with one, but if your boys want to box against each other you'd need 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter