getaway today vs. ares travel

honeymom

<font color=blue>I just tried to connect the dots<
I see a lot of you order tix from getaway today. Mousesavers links to ARES travel and it seems to be a little less money. I know that getaway today gives the 2 mm mornings, but we will be at DL for 3 days only one of which mm is offered. So, I am wondering if there is any other advantage to ordering from Getaway Today and if anybody has any experience ordering from ARES.

I think ARES is a couple dollars cheaper than getawaytoday and if you are only going to be there for one MM ARES seems better to me, although I have never ordered from them.

I'm not too impressed with Mousesavers recommendations right now. My best friend and her fiance are going on the land/sea package and got quotes from Small World Vacations (Mousesaver recommended) and Dreams Unlimited and Small World was horrible. They took 2 to 3 days longer to get back with her and then did not really answer any of her questions when she wrote back to change some things and ask some questions, in fact they totally messed up the 2nd quote. Needless to say, she went with Dreams Unlimited. I've never tried Ares but just ordered from Getaway today for this vacation and saved money, got the hotel I wanted even though the Disney site said it was full, and got all of my package promptly. We leave next Thursday! Yeah!!
It's our 15 year anniversary!

On our last trip, we got our tickets through ARES with the Mousesavers link, and it was smooth and easy. You print out a voucher which you take to the ticket window at the parks. We had no problem at all, and very prompt service from Ares.

...got the hotel I wanted even though the Disney site said it was full...

I'm not an expert on travel agencies, but I do know that each agency pulls from different "pools" of rooms. So what GAT has Ares won't, what Ares has GAT won't. What hotel X has when you call them will likely be different than what hotel X's own website says, and then you look at Travelocity and it has every different rooms!

It's a bit annoying, how the big agencies have access to different blocks of rooms, but then, I find TAs annoying anyway!

We have used GAT at least 3 or 4 times. They are great! Once our hotel was horrible so they refunded us a night. No hassles whatsoever! They always have the best information and are a pleasure to talk to.

I'm not too impressed with Mousesavers recommendations right now.

I haven't had any problems with Mousesavers recommendations over the years. However, early on in their history I was convinced of their neutrality. I am no longer convinced of that (they have to make money at this somehow) and I try to look at their offerings as options, rather than take their word that I am getting the best discount/service on blind faith.

I look at that rate an thought it was good, but we went with GAT because we will use the 2 MMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter