Get the Insurance!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by JasonDCLFan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. JasonDCLFan

JasonDCLFan Earning My Ears

Just recommending you buy the trip insurance! We had a cruise scheduled for April but our daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia 3 days ago and when we called to ask if there was special consideration for a child with cancer regarding a refund we were told a big NO. It also didn't seem to matter that we have gone on 5 previous Disney Cruises and yearly spend thousands of dollars on Disney parks and products. Get the insurance or you may be disappointed!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

Oh, my, I am so sorry about your daughter..I will lift her in prayer for all of you..can you just postpone the trip? I thought if you cancelled in so many days before the actual date you would get most of your money back..I would call again..again, I am so sorry to hear your sad news...

4. DJinPA

DJinPA Earning My Ears

Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sure the cruise is secondary in any thought, but glad it is not "salt in the wound.". We have close friends on the other side of the leukemia diagnosis, the progress they have made in treating this amazing. Take care -best prayers and wishes that you will be doing a celebratory cruise next year at this time.

5. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh. I pray that your daughter will be well soon. :hug: Thinking good thoughts for your family.

6. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about. Prayers for you and your family. Aren't you still in the cancellation window?

Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount
    45 days or more Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms
    74-45 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge staterooms
    44-30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
    29-15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
    14 days or less 100% of vacation price per Guest

7. Lindsay

Lindsay Earning My Ears

Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery for your daughter. My friends son was diagnoised with lukemeia when he was 3. He is now 8 and doing great.

8. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Oh, my...I'm sending my prayers to your daughter and you and your family. My heart goes out to you and I'm praying for you all.

:grouphug:

9. Mollie Mooster

Mollie Mooster Earning My Ears

Prayers for your daughter and your family. I cancelled our cruise today scheduled to leave on Saturday. Since we are in the 14 day range we aren't getting any of the fare back from Disney, but we will be getting the taxes and the pre-paid gratuities refunded back to our credit card. There is a refund schedule so you should get some of your fare back. Good luck and good health to your daughter.

10. bluesky1997

bluesky1997 Mouseketeer

Oh I'm so sorry!! Sending big hugs and full recovery vibes your way!

11. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

I am so very sorry. These things happen so fast. My 18 month old nephew was diagnosed with cancer a month ago. Prayers and good thoughts for your daughter.

Yes, always get insurance.

12. love2disney

love2disney DIS Veteran

This must be hard time for you but I would really suggest calling Disney again. I can guarantee you that at minimum they will move ur cruise to a future date which you can change later. I know this has been done may times in the past and all they will ask you is a medical note from the doctor. You may just have reached a CM who does not know. Disney has been great to us in the past and they are usually very compassionate.

13. holula

holula DIS Veteran

I agree. We had to cancel a cruise in December the week before we left as my mother was admitted to hospital. Our TA got our cruise moved for us with a $150 fee per person. Losing $300 to move the cruise was far better than losing $2600ish. Talk to someone else at Disney. A lot of the time it depends on the person you talk to.

14. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear about your DD. Prayers for her and your family. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

15. Rogillio

Rogillio DIS Veteran

That is just awful news. But I have to ask, why cancel? It will be a great break from the treatment. Talk to you doctor befor canceling.

16. klass3

klass3 Mouseketeer

So sorry. Hope things work out. I would think Disney would let you move to a future cruise.

17. momof2minnies

momof2minnies DIS Veteran

Thoughts and prayers for all of you.Yes see if you can move the cruise out and move the date as needed. By the time this is over it may just be what the doctor ordered- believe me I know this personally.

Thinking of you all

Linda