Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

Oh! That cinnamon roll at the Wave breakfast buffet looks amazing!!! I need to learn how to bake my own cinnamon rolls. Or better not..

Sounds like you had some amazing days at WDW with AK and now MK. But I admire your dedication. Nothing could convince me to travel to Florida in August!

I love the Wave buffet.. I'm like you, there aren't many buffets I like but theirs is really good. Love the sweet potato pancakes!

It's an awesome buffet, isn't it? And they always have a few things that are not on every buffet. I SO hope that we can score another Easter buffet reservation for next March at The Wave. And I guess I need to try the sweet potato pancakes - I am not a pancake girl, so I usually just pick something else. ;)

Boo for Jungle Cruise being down but Pirates is always a good choice!

We really like the Jungle Cruise and I would have loved to ride it, but if it's down, it's down - we can always watch the Pirates fight. :thumbsup2

Oh! That cinnamon roll at the Wave breakfast buffet looks amazing!!!

They ARE sooo good. You really need to try the buffet at The Wave and have one.

Sounds like you had some amazing days at WDW with AK and now MK. But I admire your dedication. Nothing could convince me to travel to Florida in August!

We have had good luck going into September with the crowds being low(er), but I hear it is no longer so. And as far as travelling in August ..... it's the only time I can travel for that amount of time.... :scared1: But we are going for Easter next year, so I am bracing myself and hoping we will be able to do "something". :rotfl:

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 29, September 4

The most magical park of them all … Part 2

The standby line was not long at all and we had not seen the new additions yet, so we got in line and slowly went through the line.

IMG_1642_zpsmw9rhwpq.jpg

IMG_1645_zpsgfisgwdd.jpg

IMG_1646_zpsixa40mxu.jpg

DSC_0565_zps2lgiyzr0.jpg

IMG_1653_zpshpijy1tj.jpg

IMG_1655_zpsgylqcnm9.jpg

IMG_1657_zpstjzcgnew.jpg

IMG_1661_zpsxogipzyk.jpg

Once we got to the trains we asked to be seated in the last car and were granted our wish with a smile. We had an awesome ride through the wilderness

IMG_1662_zpsvxqzk274.jpg

and when we got off

DSC_0570_zpsxvrputyn.jpg

we were both thirsty and headed over to Pecos Bill’s, which had just opened up for business.
We got two bottles of

IMG_1665_zps4l3vqz9i.jpg

icy cold water and sat in the air conditioned back room

IMG_1667_zpscxhrcao7.jpg

and cooled down a bit. A little while later we headed out again as our FastPass window had just opened, so we got into the FastPass line

DSC_0571_zps5pd6i51o.jpg

and soon found ourselves seated on a runaway mine train again.

IMG_1668_zpsgdkn57nu.jpg

IMG_1669_zpsgwtlzbf0.jpg

IMG_1671_zpsdh5rwcb0.jpg

IMG_1672_zpsrjfxbrjd.jpg

When we got off we discussed walking over to the Haunted Mansion, but when we saw the Walt Disney World Railroad pulling into the station behind Splash Mountain we decided to go for it and try to make it on the train.

IMG_1673_zps6pzy7zul.jpg

And we were so lucky as we were within the last few people to make it onto that very train.

DSC_0572_zps5c5kuohm.jpg

It was so relaxing sitting on the train and watching the world go by, so that we did not get off at Main Street station

IMG_1675_zpsmfwr4dxc.jpg

but stayed on for a second round. We went all the way around and got off at Toontown. We were walking along the walkway over to Tomorrowland,
saw the train go by

DSC_0575_zpscvht6zoa.jpg

DSC_0577_zpsxvvb2nzw.jpg

DSC_0583_zps9xkf8yok.jpg

DSC_0573_zpsutbkinlk.jpg

IMG_1676_zps9iljyzhw.jpg

IMG_1677_zpsbgw679wf.jpg

and headed for our favourite ride, the Peoplemover. No problem getting on, there was no line whatsoever, and off we went.

To be continued .......

Day 29, September 4

The most magical park of them all … Part 3

No problem getting on, there was no line whatsoever, and off we went.

IMG_1679_zpsvbojrugi.jpg

Big surprise, as the lights were on in Space Mountain, which was down for maintenance and it was super interesting to see the “inner workings” of the ride.

DSC_0584_zpsd9lrasuf.jpg

DSC_0586_zps1p7e1qea.jpg

DSC_0587_zps6fp0l9fg.jpg

DSC_0592_zpscbmzdlkz.jpg

DSC_0615_zpsbcqxcd1e.jpg

IMG_1680_zpsstf6zy3d.jpg

Once off the ride we decided to head out of the park and walked right into the Move it, Shake it parade,

DSC_0616_zpsoawtlw2u.jpg

DSC_0618_zpsig6r1swc.jpg

DSC_0621_zps0jbtksbi.jpg

so we waited for a while for the parade to go by and then slowly started walking down Main Street, but wait, it was hot and there was a coffee shop. So in to Starbucks

DSC_0622_zpsjo4urxlq.jpg

we went to pick up a

IMG_1682_zpsrydqx9ns.jpg

Caramel Frappuccino and with that we really were on our way out. We passed through the Candy shop at the end of Main Street to pick up some candy when we were offered samples of candy

DSC_0626_zpslpufwwii.jpg

they were just putting on the shelves. Thank you so much! And then it was time to really leave.

DSC_0627_zpsbpqpy3az.jpg

The platform for the Express Monorail seemed to be rather full, so we headed over to the Resort one, which gave us the chance to get off at the Contemporary for a latish lunch. We headed over to the Contempo Café, ordered some flatbreads and picked up some Diet Coke and waited for the order to be prepared. Soon enough our buzzer went off and Tom went to pick up our order of a

IMG_1685_zpszlpuruob.jpg

Blackened Chicken Flatbread, with barbecue sauce, jack cheese, chipotle ranch and a

IMG_1688_zpsyubxikoi.jpg

Caprese Flatbread, with basil pesto, fresh mozzarella, garden tomatoes, arugula and balsamic glaze. We shared our pizzas and talked about the rest of our vacation, while we sat and watched the Monorails go by. Finally we packed up our things and left.
We drove back to Old Key West, where we rested a bit, caught up on emails and later put on our swimsuits and headed over to the quiet pool. In the early evening we got back to our villa, cleaned up and headed out to do a little shopping at Downtown Disney,

IMG_1690_zpsirmnj8ox.jpg

IMG_1698_zpsgyellyft.jpg

before retiring for the night.

To be continued .......

Day 28, September 3

Friends are in town - Part 5

And then it was time to head back out to the car and drive to Downtown Disney to meet our friends for lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s Express.
The parking lot was pretty full and we needed to drive around for a bit before we saw someone leaving his space and we got to park our car. We walked over to the restaurant and sat down in front of it and waited for Teresa and Mick, who we had met on our third Disney Wonder Cruise and have been in contact with ever since.
They like WPE as much as we do, so to meet them there was the perfect solution. They had just arrived and were starting their vacation and looking forward to their cruise. We waited for a bit but finally they arrived and after hugging and chatting about their arrival we went to order some food. Tom and I decided to just have a salad each, as we were still full from our Flame Tree Lunch.
Tom ordered the

IMG_1599_zpsbsup9wpm.jpg

Chinois Chicken Salad, Napa cabbage, Wontons, Cashews with a Ginger & Sesame Honey Dressing, while I ordered the

IMG_1597_zpsfjzivxqk.jpg

Caesar Salad, Parmesan, Tomato Crostini with Caesar Dressing. Both portions were huge and we did our best to make a dent into it. All the while we chatted about their upcoming vacation and our experiences during our cruise on the Fantasy and about their grandchildren Lily and Otto. Once we had finished our meal we headed back to our resort, where we sat out on the balcony chatting away.
We had quite a bit to catch up on and shared a lot of laughs.
Later that day we took them over to their resort, Port Orleans Riverside to finally move into their room, unpack and get a bit of rest.
We went back to our room, cleaned up a bit and chilled for a while before we got ready meet with Teresa and Mick at Boatwright’s Dining Hall for dinner. They were arriving just when we did and after signing in and waiting for about 5 minutes we were led to a great table overlooking the main part of the restaurant and introduced to our server, who was pretty fun.
We all ordered our drinks, then, after being served

IMG_1602_zpstucrad6h.jpg

some cornbread had a look at the menu. Tom decided on

IMG_1610_zps0ny5nnpg.jpg

Boatwright's Jambalaya, a New Orleans Dinnertime favorite! Slow cooked shrimp, Andouille Sausage, and Chicken in a spicy sauce served over rice, while I went with the

IMG_1606_zpsgzaessfz.jpg

Catch of the Day, which was lightly blackened and grilled and served in a light celery and leek broth and served with cornbread.
Both were very tasty and just perfect. We all enjoyed our dinner very much and kept on chatting and laughing. All of us were full when we left the restaurant and in a very happy mood. We had one more thing we wanted to do together before we called it a day. So we all crammed into our convertible, put the top down and off we went to Bay Lake Tower.
We arrived there about half an hour before the fireworks were to go off and we quickly signed in at the front desk and were handed a ticket and sent to the elevator that took us up to the Top of the World. Taking Teresa and Mick to this DVC resort and its lounge was our thank you to our friends, as they had sat through the DVC presentation with us and while they decided it was not for them at that special moment, we had signed up for DVC during that presentation. So taking them up there to the platform was special for all of us.

DSC_0355_zpsl9ccevdo.jpg

DSC_0356_zps8fpubjfn.jpg

We looked around the platform and enjoyed the view, then found a spot from where we watched the fireworks.

DSC_0358_zpsbnkt26bg.jpg

We just love to watch fireworks from the BLT deck and Mick and Teresa did too.

DSC_0360_zpszb5powcn.jpg

DSC_0405_zpste7ggpyf.jpg

DSC_0418_zpsg7bjlj82.jpg

DSC_0459_zpspxdpswkk.jpg

DSC_0480_zpsjrmd3nwf.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsj3heyjzv.jpg

After the fireworks we peeked into the Top of the World lounge,

DSC_0560_zps0klm20ao.jpg

but it was too full to sit down and enjoy a drink and our friends were tired from the long day they had already had. So we went down and out to the car, the top was put down again and we drove to Port Orleans Riverside to drop off our friends and then returned to Old Key West to relax in front of the TV and have a nightcup or two.

To be continued .......
We sure enjoyed the time we spent with you and Tom. The fireworks from Bay Lake Tower was awesome!

Ah, a Magical day at a magical park! You got a lot in that day. I have not eaten at the Wave yet. Looks like a yummy breakfast stop!

We sure enjoyed the time we spent with you and Tom. The fireworks from Bay Lake Tower was awesome!

:hug: Fond memories here as well. I really hope we will find time and a cruise to get together again. ::yes::

Ah, a Magical day at a magical park! You got a lot in that day. I have not eaten at the Wave yet. Looks like a yummy breakfast stop!

It sure was a fun and magical day. We fit in so many things that day. :thumbsup2
You have not eaten at the Wave yet?? You sure should! They do an awesome job there and it is one of the restaurants we go back to again and again.

Day 30, September 5

Shopping and eating … Part 1

There were quite a few things we wanted to still get done before the end of our vacation and we had decided to dedicate this day to be it.
So after we got up and had showered we just prepared ourselves a little breakfast

IMG_1708_zpszadxmsjl.jpg

before heading out to do some shopping. First stop Walmart, as Tom needed some jeans for work. We looked around for quite some time, got the jeans and finally moved on. There was a stop we had not planned on right from the beginning, but since we were going in the right direction, we made a stop after noticing the “Hot Now” sign. We walked into Krispy Kreme and got half a dozen hot and yummy

IMG_1709_zps27lb3oop.jpg

IMG_1710_zpsdy0wy8yr.jpg

doughnuts, which really hit the spot after our smallish breakfast.
And since we knew it would be a while since we would return to the US we needed to fit in as many stops as possible so we would not feel to homesick for them. Next stop Petsmart, as our little princess likes feathered toys and they are hard to come by in our area. We spent quite some money there, buying cat toys before we moved on to Staples to buy some teacher’s stickers for my English students. Last stop was Publix, where we stocked up on missing essentials and things we wanted to take home. Time just flew by and soon enough it was going towards 2pm and we found ourselves on the way back to the resort. When we got close to Downtown Disney we decided that we should stop and have some lunch.
So where would we go?
If you guessed Wolfgang Puck’s Express you guessed correctly.
The restaurant was not crowded at all, we went in ordered, picked up some drinks and sat down at a table waiting for our food. It didn’t take long and our pizzas were brought out. Tom had ordered a

IMG_1713_zpskm8ehgfd.jpg

Pepperoni Pomodoro Pizza with caramelized onions, basil and parmesan, while I had gone for my all time favourite, the

IMG_1711_zpsle3kryba.jpg

Four Cheese Pesto Pizza with roma tomatoes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and goats’ cheese. We really enjoyed sitting there and munching our pizzas. We had been hungry, so we had ordered some dessert as well, and the best dessert there is, is the

IMG_1716_zpsbo4jisjn.jpg

Crème Brulee. Needless to say that it melted in our mouths and we devoured every little bit of it. Lunch done, we strolled through Downtown Disney a little bit and picked up a few little items here and there, before heading back to Old Key West.
After we had gotten everything upstairs we talked about heading to the quiet pool, but a look outside and seeing the grey clouds roll in made us decide against it. So Tom took a dip in the Jacuzzi and I went to check on email and stuff online before starting to sort things out for packing. It rained for quite some time and in the end we decided to just stay in. We had bought a few more things we had wanted to try, so Tom put the frozen pizza in the oven,

IMG_1733_zpswjehuyrf.jpg

we had toasted green beans to go with it

IMG_1736_zpstzbn5joc.jpg

and a Marie Callender peach pie

IMG_1734_zps7osyc41i.jpg

for dessert. Let me say, I did not care for the pie at all and had a Mickey coconut patty instead.

IMG_1717_zpsn2c9i9zt.jpg

Tom tried a few of his beers

IMG_1719_zpstmio8tq5.jpg

IMG_1727_zpsm4alg5sk.jpg

with dinner and we sat and watched TV until later that night when we got peckish and we opened up the packet of barbeque chicken wings

IMG_1737_zps35hgvuot.jpg

and put them in the oven to have something to nibble on while watching TV until close to midnight.

To be continued .......

Day 31, September 6

Two more parks to tackle in one day … Part 1

Since we had had such a relaxed afternoon and evening the day before, even we had gone to bed late we were up early. Tom fixed some breakfast with white bread and things out of the fridge, while I had a Mickey dessert

IMG_1738_zpsxskuecba.jpg

IMG_1739_zpszcvgxaeh.jpg

that I had picked up the day before at Downtown Disney. And by 8.30 we were out the door. It is just a short drive over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and even though we were directed to a parking spot rather far down the row, we decided against going around one more time and just walked down to the tram. When we got there it was full and ready to pull out, but since we were pretty close to the entrance anyway, we walked right down to the entrance

IMG_1740_zpsirb2j2xn.jpg

and arrived there way before the next tram was even pulling out of the parking lot stop. Using the bag check at the side entrance was easy, and soon we found ourselves in the park. So, what do you do when you get to Hollywood Studios? You hurry to pick up a FastPass for Toy Story Mania. Tom went ahead and got in line and was right up at the machine when I finally arrived. The FastPass line was not open yet, so we hopped into the standby line right away. And were surprised that most of it was a walk through.

IMG_1741_zpsbdo3rtez.jpg

IMG_1743_zpsiuy0idl4.jpg

IMG_1745_zpsnxem2mom.jpg

IMG_1748_zpswtockdxo.jpg

IMG_1749_zps8atcj7lq.jpg

IMG_1751_zpsp3aws2fo.jpg

It did not take long at all and we found ourselves in the ride vehicle playing the games. Once we got off we were all for getting in line again right away, but after a few steps inside we saw that the room had filled up quite a bit more, so we turned on the heel and were out of there.
So, what to do next?
Wait, isn’t the backlot tour just round here?
Yes, it was, but it was not open yet, so we walked the streets of America for a while and back to the hat, just to turn left again and head down to the backlot tour

IMG_1752_zpsodvitcfe.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsvf99aime.jpg

right in time for a pretty short wait before the show. And soon we found ourselves finding a good spot to watch the “water scenes”,

DSC_0004_zpsbzmsvxah.jpg

DSC_0017_zpswrgqzjt5.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsbx6vlrne.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsyoz4ex4j.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsycxskle6.jpg

which were great fun as always. We looked for the Hidden Mickeys in the walk through and found some

DSC_0045_zpsxg2s8efi.jpg

DSC_0046_zpstg63xevk.jpg

DSC_0047_zpsaokyzk2l.jpg

before we were all loaded into the little backlot tram and off we went.

To be continued .......

You got such a clear shot of Epcot, I try but always fail.

And can't believe you got this shot coming down the main fall!

Uh, is that a dart???

When we got to the Castmember who directs you into your space, she just smiled, pulled us aside and before we knew it, we were in front row again.

That is so awesome that she recognized you and remembered your preference.:love:

We walked over to the restaurant and sat down in front of it and waited for Teresa and Mick, who we had met on our third Disney Wonder Cruise and have been in contact with ever since.

I love that DIS folks can meet and make long term friendships!

This looks almost exactly like the dish from the French Market at Disneyland (minus the shrimp and chicken) but oh my is it delicious.

That is a cool shot!

It was so relaxing sitting on the train and watching the world go by, so that we did not get off at Main Street station

Doing this is one of my favorite things. I think I like it better at WDW than at DLR, because there is one less stop at the MK, making it feel a bit longer of a ride in between stops.

Very cool!

I did not care for the pie at all

This is so odd!!! While I was watching TV today, a commercial for Marie Callendar pies came on and for the first time ever I thought it looked delicious and actually craved it! (They are very much mediocre and i'm not a fan either) I must be pregnant :rotfl2:

I was reading along and was like, "what you went to get a FP?" But then I realized that this TR is the longest running one that I've been reading! LOL! Now there are all FP+, but it's nice to remember back when there were actual FPs and WDW. They are now testing FP+ at DL so I'm guessing that regular FPs will be gone soon.

I've never been to the Wave for lunch, dinner or breakfast and don't have any plans soon, but your reports are keeping it on my radar. I know what you mean about days to "get stuff", we live in the US, and still Fran likes to go shopping for things in FL when we have a car just "because". There is different stuff there than we can get in CA and the problem is that she likes to buy it. When it's food, it's OK since we can't bring much back but when she finds stuff, we end up buying another suitcase and bringing stuff home!

Hi Karin! I am stopping by to say I have an update done!!!!:mic: I'll be back to catch up!

Have been stopping by at your thread - thanks for the thumbs up!

You got such a clear shot of Epcot, I try but always fail.

Took us MANY tries as well, but FINALLY I got a good one. :hyper:

And can't believe you got this shot coming down the main fall!

Again, many tries and many fails, but this one worked out great - maybe I should always try it with a broken camera, as most of my food pics turned out blurry. :rotfl2:

Uh, is that a dart???

Yip, it was. They were taking animals out and it was interesting to see them shoot those little darts to sedate them.

I love that DIS folks can meet and make long term friendships!

We have made MANY really good friends over the years and it is so fun once you are finally able to meet the real person!

Doing this is one of my favorite things. I think I like it better at WDW than at DLR, because there is one less stop at the MK, making it feel a bit longer of a ride in between stops.

I just love riding the train. Nothing quite as peaceful as sitting there and watching the world go by.

Very cool!

Loved seeing the track, even though it takes a bit away from the magic.

This is so odd!!! While I was watching TV today, a commercial for Marie Callendar pies came on and for the first time ever I thought it looked delicious and actually craved it! (They are very much mediocre and i'm not a fan either) I must be pregnant :rotfl2:

You know, when I went to CA with my mum way back when we had a peach pie in a restaurant and it was delicious. When I saw that one it reminded me of that one, but it did NOT live up to my rememberance in any way. It was just sweet and falling apart. So please stay away from it - especially when pregnant. ;)

I was reading along and was like, "what you went to get a FP?" But then I realized that this TR is the longest running one that I've been reading!

Yeah, I must be the slowest TR writer there is. :rotfl2: And I have a few more that are lacking attention as well. But I am trying .....

They are now testing FP+ at DL so I'm guessing that regular FPs will be gone soon.

I did see that on one of the newsletters I receive. More magicbands to collect I think. We'll see how far it has developed when we visit next summer.

I've never been to the Wave for lunch, dinner or breakfast and don't have any plans soon, but your reports are keeping it on my radar.

You really need to give it a try once. There are only a few places that I really love breakfast, lunch and dinner at and the Wave is one of them. You will see it pop up more often again. ;)

I know what you mean about days to "get stuff", we live in the US, and still Fran likes to go shopping for things in FL when we have a car just "because". There is different stuff there than we can get in CA and the problem is that she likes to buy it. When it's food, it's OK since we can't bring much back but when she finds stuff, we end up buying another suitcase and bringing stuff home!

I see I might get along very well with Fran. ::yes::
Yes, there are always a lot of things we love to try and have in the US and some of them we can take home, so we usually go shopping for those "essentials" towards the end of a trip. But it was nice to hear that you Americans kind of do the same thing. :thumbsup2

Day 31, September 6

Two more parks to tackle in one day … Part 2

We looked for the Hidden Mickeys in the walk through and found some before we were all loaded into the little backlot tram and off we went.

DSC_0049_zpswyhf4k58.jpg

DSC_0050_zpswgnp9ior.jpg

Knowing that they might do away with the Backlot tour we really enjoyed it and tried to take in as much as possible.

DSC_0053_zpsvhlmwgee.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsb1acsgo8.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsjwyzhzfb.jpg

DSC_0071_zpsgfbh5e7v.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsed3tzadz.jpg

DSC_0085_zps6wzbfkg9.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsakalip6s.jpg

DSC_0104_zpsllxpm0ci.jpg

DSC_0109_zpsw6rmxyx3.jpg

DSC_0120_zpsf4lkwfhk.jpg

DSC_0127_zpscpjqvxhc.jpg

Once we finally got off we knew we had some time left before our Toy Story Mania FastPass, so why not fitting in the Muppets. We were walking towards it, when they closed the outside gate as they were letting people into the theatre. Not really wanting to wait for another 20 minutes inside then we stepped out of line and headed over to Star Tours.
Again, that had quite a line, so what to do, what to do. Well, with the kind of smallish breakfast again, why not go and fit in a very early lunch.

We quickly went through the options and then decided to head to the Toy Story Pizza Planet.

DSC_0137_zps2m7tqaa0.jpg

There was already quite some commotion going on and a lot of people in line, but we knew there was more upstairs seating, so we went in line as well. Thankfully the lines moved pretty quickly and we soon were handed our tray and walking upstairs.

DSC_0143_zpsqa2gstrv.jpg

DSC_0145_zpsop4ewyus.jpg

DSC_0147_zps0rc0bdce.jpg

There we found a nice table by a window and were starting to dig into our food. Tom had decided on trying the

IMG_1769_zpsy3b2jp2v.jpg

IMG_1770_zpsthgbdf5j.jpg

Meatball Sub with a Caesar Salad, while I had the

IMG_1772_zpsvun51are.jpg

IMG_1774_zpsozjucmc5.jpg

Vegetable Pizza with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and tomatoes, served with a Caesar Salad. Both were your usual counter service stuff, but hit the spot. There was something else I had wanted to try and so for dessert I had a

IMG_1777_zpsjblrvtzl.jpg

IMG_1778_zpsxhbgz2jj.jpg

IMG_1779_zpszfwusytu.jpg

Chocolate Cherry Cupcake, which was a bit on the sweet side, but otherwise very yummy. Lunch out of the way we headed back to Toy Story Mania and got into the FastPass line.

To be continued .......

Day 31, September 6

Two more parks to tackle in one day … Part 3

Lunch out of the way we headed back to Toy Story Mania and got into the FastPass line.

IMG_1783_zpsdxbpdtqy.jpg

There were a lot of people in both, the standby and the FastPass line, but they really worked off the FastPass one, even spilling people in that line over to the wheelchair isle. We soon were seated and went off playing our games, when suddenly … all the lights went out and on again and we were all stuck.

IMG_1784_zps0nt2sloa.jpg

First we laughed it off a bit, but we were kept sitting in there for quite some time and when it came back on, all our scores were back to zero. Wasn’t all the fun with just picking up close to the end again, but there was nothing we could do.
After the ride we slowly walked back to try to fit in a ride on the Tower of Terror, but it was down and so we just stopped into the candy store and picked up a Cakepop to take home. We got back to Old Key West just in time for the rain to start, so we sat down and Tom had a beer while I dug into my cakepop

IMG_1787_zpsh0jkedsu.jpg

IMG_1789_zpsuddxyevt.jpg

and we watched the rain coming down hard.

IMG_1791_zpshn3j127g.jpg

IMG_1793_zpsnwprjkcu.jpg

IMG_1799_zpsez9k7hpa.jpg

Later that afternoon Tom took another dip in the Jacuzzi, while I started packing our bags, as we would check out of Old Key West the next day.
By early evening most of our stuff was in the suitcases, the Owner’s Locker Box was packed and we were ready to head out for our last night at the parks. A little later we arrived at the Boardwalk where we had dinner at Cat Cora’s Kouzzina.

IMG_1813_zpsau4sta9e.jpg

We had to wait a little before being led to a table, but soon we sat at a table with a menu in hand. The server brought our Diet Cokes and some freshly

IMG_1801_zpsov8uaixg.jpg

baked bread and a small dish that was divided into three sections.

039381c4-d708-4279-b747-a453c0b2e8a3_zpstmna2ayf.jpg

In one of them were mixed olives and the other two were filled at the table with two different olive oils. We made our order and sat, dipping the bread into the oil and munching on the olives until our meal was delivered. Tom had decided that he just wanted a starter, the

IMG_1804_zpsxmx3c09r.jpg

Fried Calamari. They were quite a portion and he was really happy with it. I had chosen the

IMG_1807_zps37affx94.jpg

Greek Trio, which was a

IMG_1810_zpsmuxbmz11.jpg

Lamb Burger, a

IMG_1809_zps4byj9rlq.jpg

Greek Lasagna and

IMG_1808_zpsesqodleu.jpg

Slowly Stewed Chicken over Orzo. I had tried to just get the first two, as I did not care for the chicken, which I had had before, but it still came out as the usual trio. I made a feast out of the burger and the Lasagna and just left the chicken untouched and had a fine meal too.
We were both too full for dessert so we just asked for the check and headed out of the restaurant and over to Epcot, which had Extra Magic Hours that day. Getting in through the International Gateway was a breeze and we slowly walked around World Showcase.

IMG_1818_zpsg5iv50du.jpg

We made it to Future World just as Illuminations was starting and we just stopped into Starbucks to pick up some coffee and meet Mick and Teresa again.

IMG_1822_zpsuffb211g.jpg

IMG_1824_zps94dqf6yk.jpg

We sat there enjoying the beverage before moving on. Our first stop was Soarin’, which had a 40 minute wait and for once we didn’t think about the wait and got in line. The line usually moves very slowly and this day was no different. We slowly, slowly crept towards the ride and finally were able to score a top row seat. After our flight over California we hopped onto Journey into Imagination before heading to Spaceship Earth,

IMG_1830_zpsyk3rdrmk.jpg

where we got on with very little wait. We enjoyed our ride through history and our future, but once we got off we started our way back. We stopped in at Mouse Gear for a while and then headed back to the car and drove back to Old Key West. There were still drinks and snacks in the fridge and we finished a few of them off

IMG_1838_zps5svmaw9m.jpg

IMG_1841_zpsb9v8l4t1.jpg

IMG_1843_zpsnl95rnjr.jpg

before going to bed.

To be continued .......

Day 32, September 7

Time to go back home … Part 1

We woke up around 7am and after taking showers we packed up the rest of our stuff, finished off leftovers in the fridge for breakfast and started to move our luggage to our car. Once we had it all down, we finally walked through the villa one more time before closing the door behind us and driving to Hospitality House to drop off our luggage.
Didn’t take long and we had an empty car again and off we went. We drove over to the Magic Kingdom, parked the car and off we went on the Monorail to the park. It was the weekend and the park was more crowded than the last few days, but we were determined to make the most of it on our last day. So we marched down Main Street,

IMG_1848_zpscvnl2ags.jpg

enjoying the view of the castle and turned right to get on our favourite non-FastPass ride, the Peoplemover. As always it was a nice and relaxing ride,

IMG_1849_zpsvzudiytv.jpg

IMG_1850_zpsgrvykv8p.jpg

IMG_1851_zps2whxw85k.jpg

IMG_1854_zpsfuv5jrsb.jpg

IMG_1855_zpsdd4luxac.jpg

the lights were off at Space Mountain though. After getting off we walked through Fantasyland and peeked in to see the progress on the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

IMG_1856_zpsnaojl2af.jpg

IMG_1858_zps9rwxllv3.jpg

IMG_1859_zpsovvexzx3.jpg

IMG_1860_zpspyocrcsa.jpg

And after checking everything out we strolled over to Peter Pan, but there was already a long line, so we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. The posted wait was only 15 minutes, but it was more of a walk on. While riding in our Doom Buggy we decided that since we had only had left overs for breakfast we were ready for an early lunch. But before that we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to pick up a FastPass. Pass in hand we headed back to Columbia Harbour House for lunch.

We were stunned as there was already quite a line, even though it was only quarter to 12. Took a while to get to an ordering point, but finally we had our lunch on a tray and went upstairs to enjoy it. We had ordered a cup of

IMG_1867_zpsvpwo1gtz.jpg

New England Clam Chowder to share, a

IMG_1862_zpslun7si6j.jpg

IMG_1864_zpsiv5xvle9.jpg

Lobster Roll - with potato chips and the

IMG_1865_zpswndkbc0i.jpg

IMG_1869_zpsaxwzbzl8.jpg

Fried Shrimp Plate with French Fries. All in all it was a bit much food, but it was all very tasty and it was nice and cool and with time we finished it all off. Bellies full we made our way over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and found the standby line to be fairly short, so we ju
mped in it and within 20 minutes we were seated in the last row and off we went.

IMG_1871_zpsjy3u9bo4.jpg

It was such a fun ride and once we got off we checked again and the standby line still showed only 20 minutes, so we got in line again. This time the posted time was wrong and it took around half an hour until we went on our next wild ride through the Wilderness.

IMG_1872_zpspzaxfxrx.jpg

When we got off we still had that FastPass, which was still good for some time and since we were thirsty we headed to Pecos Bill and grabbed a bottle of water and a cup of ice and cooled down a bit with our drink.

IMG_1874_zps1oo0br7s.jpg

Water finished we finally headed over to Big Thunder one more time for the last ride of the vacation using our FastPasses. Again, we were allowed to sit in the last row and had a blast.

IMG_1878_zpsthyv6mjx.jpg

When we got off we walked right into the tail end of the 3 o’clock parade and since we could not cross over to Adventureland, we stood on the bridge and watched the parade go by.

To be continued .......

Day 32, September 7

Time to go back home … Part 2

When we got off we walked right into the tail end of the 3 o’clock parade and since we could not cross over to Adventureland, we stood on the bridge and watched the parade go by.

IMG_1879_zpszf7kwsco.jpg

IMG_1882_zpsgjlg5f0c.jpg

And then it was time to head over to Adventureland and walk towards the exit as it was time to get back to the car and go to the airport. Low and behold we would walk into the parade once again after strolling through the shops down Main Street. Again, we could not cross anyway, so we stopped and enjoyed this very special farewell to the parks.

IMG_1884_zpshpgshlyj.jpg

IMG_1885_zpstpwy5jmn.jpg

IMG_1886_zpsm7dg7jt3.jpg

IMG_1891_zpsqe3jkm6k.jpg

IMG_1892_zpsedfdyfph.jpg

IMG_1896_zpsdt39fsel.jpg

IMG_1897_zpsqcc1inym.jpg

IMG_1900_zpscycetyax.jpg

IMG_1901_zpsmkp4p0ht.jpg

IMG_1902_zps3cpsanm3.jpg

IMG_1904_zpsimtl7pxx.jpg

IMG_1905_zpshaa9aoky.jpg

IMG_1907_zpsqfsklwzo.jpg

IMG_1911_zpsna3lxqg5.jpg

When the last parade float had gone by it really was time to get going. One more last glance at the castle and off we were.

IMG_1912_zpsinjz4lse.jpg

Back at the car we headed back to Old Key West, got our luggage and hot footed it over to the showers by the pool. Quick shower and into our “going home” clothes and then it was a sad, sad goodbye to Old Key West and we drove towards the motorway. We were now a bit late and hoping it would be smooth sailing from there, but once we were on the motorway we hit a bit of stop and go, but once we got on the one that leads to the airport we were rolling. And soon we arrived at the rental car return and we reloaded our luggage onto a cart and walked towards the departure hall. We had done online check in, so we only had to drop off our luggage at the business class counter. Soon we only had our carry ons to lug along and we found ourselves strolling through the shops and picking up a thing or two. Finally we decided to get something to eat, as we were not too sure what we would get on the plane. We went to the food court, walked around and had a look and finally settled on something we had never tried before, Panda Express. You got to choose three (two?) mains and rice

IMG_1913_zpsr4tdaohb.jpg

IMG_1914_zpszzwkwenq.jpg

and we shared that one portion. Once we were done, we headed to check out the Business Lounge.

To be continued .......

Going back to your second Safari, did I see a"dart" in the side of an animal ? I have yet to try the Wave Buffet, but I saw those eggs benedict YUMMY!!!!. Great to meet up with Dis friends !! I haven't been to WPE in awhile we just don't make it over there with the Groups . Next year we are doing the Halloween Party in October while Liesa will be there .

Day 32, September 7

Time to go back home … Part 3

Once we were done, we headed to check out the Business Lounge.

IMG_1923_zpseqnjtjbm.jpg

IMG_1924_zpsrvhqjz3i.jpg

We had a good look around, Tom ordered some beer, I had a Diet Coke

IMG_1919_zpsg052jzog.jpg

IMG_1922_zpsqojb8pgx.jpg

and we even picked up some nibbles to go with it and retreated to two very comfy chairs.
And while we sat there and nibbled and people watched, someone caught my eye. And while we were still deliberating if we were right, that someone came over to greet us. We had run into one of our favourite officers of the Disney Fantasy, Lloyd.
We chatted for a bit and it turned out that he was on the same flight as we were, but his connecting flight to India would be a lot longer than ours. Soon it was time to head over to the plane and get on board and find our seats. The flight attendant was right there to greet everyone with some drinks and we started out with wine for Tom and water for myself.

IMG_1926_zpsglpuiunh.jpg

A little while later after taking off, I changed to Champagne,

IMG_1927_zpseyjulhli.jpg

when they started handing out snacks, while Tom got a beer.

IMG_1929_zpsp147amnn.jpg

IMG_1933_zpsmfpemqvp.jpg

And soon after dinner was served.

IMG_1934_zpsfymagcdd.jpg

I got the

IMG_1935_zpsbc8ojegu.jpg

steamed asparagus, served in butter and shavings of Parmesan, with a side of salad and a roll as a first course. Tom had picked the

IMG_1941_zpsk9cv60do.jpg

Shrimp with Salsa, also served with a salad and

IMG_1945_zps8rxgsbdh.jpg

Pretzel roll. Main course soon rolled around and Tom got the

IMG_1951_zpsxgq84akb.jpg

Grilled Chicken with mushy peas and scalloped potatoes which he really liked. I opted for the

IMG_1952_zpsatia5egc.jpg

Penne Arabiata with a side of grilled zucchini which was wonderful too. We both skipped desserts and just laid back, but about an hour later the flight attendants came by and handed out

IMG_1959_zpsiwtaid4w.jpg

Haagen Daz, dulce de leche, caramel ice creams and

IMG_1960_zpstj5vok2i.jpg

soft amarettini. Who could say no to that. Once that was finished we put our seats in a flat position and laid down for a good but short night’s sleep.

To be continued .......

Going back to your second Safari, did I see a"dart" in the side of an animal ?

Yes, that is a "dart"! There was a vet (I guess) who was trying to sedate it.

I have yet to try the Wave Buffet, but I saw those eggs benedict YUMMY!!!!.

You really have to try and fit it in sometime, Rosie. It is a really wonderful buffet. We both are not huge on buffets, but that is one I would not like to miss. :thumbsup2

Great to meet up with Dis friends !!

It is wonderful to meet those people who you have bonded with here on the boards - don't we both know that, Rosie? ;)

I haven't been to WPE in awhile we just don't make it over there with the Groups .

Rosie, we have not been to WPE since 2013 either. It seems like forever. I do understand about taking the groups so far to the end of Disney Springs, but Tom and I have a room at the Wyndham across the street in March and I cannot wait to get back to WPE! ::yes::

Next year we are doing the Halloween Party in October while Liesa will be there .

Lucky girl! We loved the Halloween parties, when they started early enough for us to attend. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!