Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

No, we didn't report it. We probably should have, but we opted to just try and shake it off and move on.

Yes, sometimes it is better to just move on. I am not quick to complain either, but we did go to GS in Paris because of an incident and it really got to me when they didn't care at all. :crazy2:

The magic can't be totally gone, as we are going back 30 days from today!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm driving my husband crazy with my questions. "Should I keep this ADR for breakfast at BOG?" "Should we do the water park or Disney Quest?", etc. He likes Disney fine enough, though not the fan I am. He just sort of rolls his eyes, shrugs his shoulders, smiles and tells me to do whatever I think works best. It's maddening!

You know I had to :lmao:as I am living through the same thing here as well. I am trying to figure out a way to stretch our DVC points so they might cover both March and August next summer and whenever I ask what he thinks about an idea he rolls his eyes and tells me to do what I think is best. :rotfl2:

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 28, September 3

Friends are in town - Part 1

We were up pretty early and after grabbing a bite to eat out of the fridge we were out the door at 8.30.
When we arrived at the Animal Kingdom there was already a lot going on and all the booths at the entrance were open. But we still found a space close to the entrance and instead of waiting for the tram, we walked to the entrance. Didn’t take long and we were entering the park.

IMG_1544_zpsph5uwtuq.jpg

DSC_0027_zpssihlvru1.jpg

But we were stopped right in our trek by Devine, who was just coming out.

DSC_0030_zpscsberhun.jpg

DSC_0032_zpsrslwnnts.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsudkbkw1d.jpg

We stopped and so did more people and watched for a while, before we headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

IMG_1545_zpsg2l7azv1.jpg

DSC_0036_zpsrcvoivbb.jpg

We pulled a Fastpass for the ride, and since the wait was short, we got in line right away as well. The wait was not too long, around 15 minutes and we finally boarded our safari vehicle. We were pretty lucky as there were so many animals out and about and our driver was super skilled in driving exceptionally slow, so we could experience and watch all of the animals for quite some time.

DSC_0042_zpsbdslwutw.jpg

DSC_0049_zps00qg4nxd.jpg

DSC_0052_zpsn4t6nvrd.jpg

DSC_0057_zpszu3qijlq.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsriub1jc4.jpg

DSC_0073_zpsdd0g1cfp.jpg

DSC_0077_zpscu3w7q4s.jpg

DSC_0079_zpsafk6n32u.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsj9o7ruhc.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsykshok9a.jpg

DSC_0093_zpssoxhvszz.jpg

DSC_0099_zpse4hmwucn.jpg

DSC_0115_zpsv30aencq.jpg

DSC_0122_zps8a67ywek.jpg

DSC_0129_zpsum0ccoyl.jpg

But even the most exciting safari came to an end and we headed back to Expedition Everest.

To be continued .......

You know I had to :lmao:as I am living through the same thing here as well. I am trying to figure out a way to stretch our DVC points so they might cover both March and August next summer and whenever I ask what he thinks about an idea he rolls his eyes and tells me to do what I think is best. :rotfl2:

I guess that's the price we pay for being the Disney experts in the family!

Great Safari pix !! I never get good shots !! I always get someones head, hand or other body part in the pix as well.. Or we hit a bump just as I shoot :rotfl2:I have however gotten somw good BUTT shots:rotfl2:.

It's always great when you get a good driver! We had one one year who drove so great and she had a great personality as well

I guess that's the price we pay for being the Disney experts in the family!

:thumbsup2

Great Safari pix !! I never get good shots !! I always get someones head, hand or other body part in the pix as well.. Or we hit a bump just as I shoot :rotfl2:I have however gotten somw good BUTT shots:rotfl2:.

Rosie, most of them were taken with Tom's DSLR camera. My point and shoot makes decent pics but they turn out blurry when zoomed.
And we got pretty lucky to get the front row where there were only two seats, so we were handing the camera back and forth. ;)

It's always great when you get a good driver! We had one one year who drove so great and she had a great personality as well

We have had some awesome drivers and they can make or break the safari! Some really drive slow when there are lots of animals out and some just keep going. We had a really nice one, who really really slowed down as much as she could. :thumbsup2

I've never thought about getting sandwiches at Sci Fi but this is something my mom and I would love to share! But definitely with some onion rings on the side.

They were pretty good and hit the spot as we were really looking for something "more down to earth". ;)
I love seeing Devine in the park! Can't imagine having that job though. I'm so not graceful:rotfl2:

Same here. We always look out for her, as she is always one of the highlights of our AK days. Her job though? No thanks - you would constantly need an ambulance if you got ME on those stilts. :rotfl:

In his regular position :laughing:

:rotfl2:

Just checking in and waiting for the next installment!!

Thank you for sticking with me, Rosie! There should be an update pretty soon (and it is about time for it)!!

Day 28, September 3

Friends are in town - Part 2

But even the most exciting safari came to an end and we headed back to Expedition Everest.
Luckily our Safari Fastpass window was just opening, so we pulled another Fastpass for Expedition Everest before jumping into line.

IMG_1553_zpsg0e6xsas.jpg

We actually just walked through the line and only got slowed down in the last room. There was no one in line for front row, so we asked for it and were told to step aside and would be able to ride on the next train.

IMG_1554_zpsd3hr80mu.jpg

A few minutes later we were seated on the train and soon were off on the ride.

IMG_1555_zpsvxzjrdt8.jpg

IMG_1556_zpskewudbot.jpg

DSC_0131_zpscadnf6ha.jpg

DSC_0138_zpsdwvpzysg.jpg

IMG_1558_zpsmljcy09z.jpg

DSC_0141_zpsgfwscmkv.jpg

IMG_1559_zpspuerdb0g.jpg

DSC_0145_zps4qvbhqqn.jpg

DSC_0149_zpsm67clbki.jpg

IMG_1560_zpsmy56atmc.jpg

We love the awesome view over WDW that you have from the front row at the broken tracks and it is so worth to wait for a train or two.

DSC_0154_zpsn9opmbga.jpg

DSC_0156_zps48y7c4xm.jpg

IMG_1562_zpstqu82pll.jpg

IMG_1564_zpskgelhgyy.jpg

DSC_0172_zps4vgirtg1.jpg

IMG_1565_zpsn79ksgc5.jpg

IMG_1566_zpsesnvervu.jpg

IMG_1567_zps45muyz7i.jpg

Soon we were getting off and heading back to Kilimanjaro Safaris, where this time we entered through the Fastpass Entrance and soon were at the front of the line and seated in another safari vehicle.

To be continued .......

Day 28, September 3

Friends are in town - Part 3

Soon we were getting off and heading back to Kilimanjaro Safaris, where this time we entered through the Fastpass Entrance and soon were at the front of the line and seated in another safari vehicle.
Again we were so lucky as there were tons of animals around and there was a bit of a traffic jam so we had to stop a few times which gave us even more time to enjoy all the animals.

DSC_0184_zpsltodzlwh.jpg

DSC_0195_zpsvjy6uw0b.jpg

DSC_0197_zpss3t0hqis.jpg

DSC_0201_zpsi28zxce6.jpg

DSC_0207_zpspemm9hhg.jpg

DSC_0209_zpsxmq3fsi4.jpg

DSC_0213_zpsqp1rmfvw.jpg

DSC_0215_zpshcg55tw4.jpg

DSC_0224_zps0b8vnsdl.jpg

DSC_0238_zpsxo0wemhc.jpg

DSC_0241_zpsmqlo1aed.jpg

DSC_0244_zps2cmvzu5s.jpg

DSC_0246_zps8cn04k0c.jpg

DSC_0247_zpsmktoabgf.jpg

DSC_0259_zpsnhhhuymo.jpg

DSC_0262_zpsge7bixnq.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsipygdumc.jpg

DSC_0277_zpsvazzw9sr.jpg

DSC_0284_zps2f4cs0fg.jpg

DSC_0290_zpscuc7ovxa.jpg

DSC_0304_zpsdqsfb870.jpg

DSC_0311_zps2yzhxydq.jpg

Safari done we stopped for a biological break and then some water before heading back to Expedition Everest.

To be continued .......

Day 28, September 3

Friends are in town - Part 4

Safari done we stopped for a biological break and then some water before heading back to Expedition Everest.
The standby line was only 10 minutes, so we got into the regular line and were seated front row again in no time.

DSC_0314_zpscovwmuwc.jpg

DSC_0319_zpsfvgxwpb4.jpg

DSC_0320_zps3rwlljnn.jpg

IMG_1569_zpsuy8usidy.jpg

IMG_1570_zpshwpypm2i.jpg

IMG_1572_zpsbpljcpox.jpg

IMG_1573_zpspt2pn5av.jpg

When we got off, the line had grown a bit and we used our fastpasses to hop in line once again.

IMG_1576_zpslb5jnbqd.jpg

When we got to the Castmember who directs you into your space, she just smiled, pulled us aside and before we knew it, we were in front row again.

IMG_1578_zpscwntfjej.jpg

And when we got off we saw, that the standby line was still pretty short and without giving it another thought we hopped in line again.

IMG_1579_zpsp4vn2jml.jpg

IMG_1580_zpsz8qwmbws.jpg

IMG_1582_zps4ow9xnk0.jpg

IMG_1583_zpsjksgkerx.jpg

IMG_1585_zpsncznmm6g.jpg

IMG_1587_zpscttn38km.jpg

IMG_1589_zpsxl1b8214.jpg

IMG_1591_zps24tdk5ke.jpg

You can't beat riding EE three times in a row with very little wait.
By then it was going towards midday and having had just a smallish breakfast, we decided to have some Flame Tree Lunch.

IMG_1596_zpsuaggxq0p.jpg

We were going to meet some friends lateron for lunch, so we decided to just share a

IMG_1593_zpsxvxqpw1m.jpg

Pulled Pork Sandwich, which was served with coleslaw and a side of

IMG_1595_zpsl3umq6iv.jpg

onion rings. We shared a Diet Coke with it and it really hit the spot. After we had enjoyed our lunch we were torn between riding another ride or heading right out of the park, but It’s Tough To Be a Bug won and we got in line.
They had just closed the doors when we entered and we had time to look at all the posters that are inside the waiting area.

DSC_0353_zpskeacwrgn.jpg

DSC_0354_zpsldbyhk7z.jpg

Soon, it was our turn to take our seats and watch this cute little critter show. There were some first timers sitting in front of us and it was pretty funny seeing them react to some of the effects given, especially all the maggots leaving the theatre before we were to stand up. Once the show was over we strolled through the shops and towards the exit and finally walked towards the tram out to the parking lot.
We were lucky to get on the one that was already waiting as we were moving about a minute after we had boarded the tram. The walk to our car was short and soon we found ourselves leaving the parking area and heading back to our resort, where we chilled for a short time and got all the things we had brought for our friends together. There was still a little time to chill on the balcony before we had to head out again, so we grabbed a beverage and sat outside chatting about the great time we had already had this trip. And then it was time to head back out to the car and drive to Downtown Disney to meet our friends for lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s Express.

To be continued .......

Day 28, September 3

Friends are in town - Part 5

And then it was time to head back out to the car and drive to Downtown Disney to meet our friends for lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s Express.
The parking lot was pretty full and we needed to drive around for a bit before we saw someone leaving his space and we got to park our car. We walked over to the restaurant and sat down in front of it and waited for Teresa and Mick, who we had met on our third Disney Wonder Cruise and have been in contact with ever since.
They like WPE as much as we do, so to meet them there was the perfect solution. They had just arrived and were starting their vacation and looking forward to their cruise. We waited for a bit but finally they arrived and after hugging and chatting about their arrival we went to order some food. Tom and I decided to just have a salad each, as we were still full from our Flame Tree Lunch.
Tom ordered the

IMG_1599_zpsbsup9wpm.jpg

Chinois Chicken Salad, Napa cabbage, Wontons, Cashews with a Ginger & Sesame Honey Dressing, while I ordered the

IMG_1597_zpsfjzivxqk.jpg

Caesar Salad, Parmesan, Tomato Crostini with Caesar Dressing. Both portions were huge and we did our best to make a dent into it. All the while we chatted about their upcoming vacation and our experiences during our cruise on the Fantasy and about their grandchildren Lily and Otto. Once we had finished our meal we headed back to our resort, where we sat out on the balcony chatting away.
We had quite a bit to catch up on and shared a lot of laughs.
Later that day we took them over to their resort, Port Orleans Riverside to finally move into their room, unpack and get a bit of rest.
We went back to our room, cleaned up a bit and chilled for a while before we got ready meet with Teresa and Mick at Boatwright’s Dining Hall for dinner. They were arriving just when we did and after signing in and waiting for about 5 minutes we were led to a great table overlooking the main part of the restaurant and introduced to our server, who was pretty fun.
We all ordered our drinks, then, after being served

IMG_1602_zpstucrad6h.jpg

some cornbread had a look at the menu. Tom decided on

IMG_1610_zps0ny5nnpg.jpg

Boatwright's Jambalaya, a New Orleans Dinnertime favorite! Slow cooked shrimp, Andouille Sausage, and Chicken in a spicy sauce served over rice, while I went with the

IMG_1606_zpsgzaessfz.jpg

Catch of the Day, which was lightly blackened and grilled and served in a light celery and leek broth and served with cornbread.
Both were very tasty and just perfect. We all enjoyed our dinner very much and kept on chatting and laughing. All of us were full when we left the restaurant and in a very happy mood. We had one more thing we wanted to do together before we called it a day. So we all crammed into our convertible, put the top down and off we went to Bay Lake Tower.
We arrived there about half an hour before the fireworks were to go off and we quickly signed in at the front desk and were handed a ticket and sent to the elevator that took us up to the Top of the World. Taking Teresa and Mick to this DVC resort and its lounge was our thank you to our friends, as they had sat through the DVC presentation with us and while they decided it was not for them at that special moment, we had signed up for DVC during that presentation. So taking them up there to the platform was special for all of us.

DSC_0355_zpsl9ccevdo.jpg

DSC_0356_zps8fpubjfn.jpg

We looked around the platform and enjoyed the view, then found a spot from where we watched the fireworks.

DSC_0358_zpsbnkt26bg.jpg

We just love to watch fireworks from the BLT deck and Mick and Teresa did too.

DSC_0360_zpszb5powcn.jpg

DSC_0405_zpste7ggpyf.jpg

DSC_0418_zpsg7bjlj82.jpg

DSC_0459_zpspxdpswkk.jpg

DSC_0480_zpsjrmd3nwf.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsj3heyjzv.jpg

After the fireworks we peeked into the Top of the World lounge,

DSC_0560_zps0klm20ao.jpg

but it was too full to sit down and enjoy a drink and our friends were tired from the long day they had already had. So we went down and out to the car, the top was put down again and we drove to Port Orleans Riverside to drop off our friends and then returned to Old Key West to relax in front of the TV and have a nightcup or two.

To be continued .......

You guys had a great morning in AK! Your safari looked great with lots of animals and all your rides on EE are awesome!

ETA: You sneaked in another update! Fun lunch and dinner with friends and fireworks from TOWL is a great nightcap!

Jill in CO

You guys had a great morning in AK! Your safari looked great with lots of animals and all your rides on EE are awesome!

ETA: You sneaked in another update! Fun lunch and dinner with friends and fireworks from TOWL is a great nightcap!

Jill in CO

We love(d) these mornings in the parks in early September. We always used to fit in quite a few rides without using too many FPs. ;)
And I remember that we were super lucky with seeing all those animals during those two Safaries.

Meeting DISfriends is always so special. And Teresa and Mick are some really special friends for us. :hug:

Hi Karin! You had a great morning at AK 3 rides on EE and 2 safari's :dance3:

Nice you got to see your friends again. Those are some great fireworks shots! I didn't know you could go to the TOTW lounge just as DVC nembers. I thought you had to be staying at BLT. I need to remember that one.

Hi Karin! You had a great morning at AK 3 rides on EE and 2 safari's :dance3:

It was an awesome time and so easy to get on quite a few of our favourite rides a few times in a row. :thumbsup2

I didn't know you could go to the TOTW lounge just as DVC nembers. I thought you had to be staying at BLT. I need to remember that one.

Yes, you can! We have done it so many times. All that is required if you do not stay at BLT, is that you have to stay on property (either on points or cash) and have to have your DVC card with you. We just love to watch from up there and have a drink in the lounge either before or after.

What a great day with lots of good food, friends, and relaxing!

It was a truly magical day - enjoying the park in the morning and spending time with some extra special friends in the afternoon and evening.

Day 29, September 4

The most magical park of them all … Part 1

We were getting towards the end of our vacation and like always, when the last few days dawned on us we get antsy and want to visit all the parks one more time. Today’s park of choice was the Magic Kingdom. But before we wanted to enjoy the magic and fun, we needed a really good breakfast. So, what better place to go to then The Wave. The Wave has one of the few buffets we really like, so after crawling out of bed and getting ready we headed to the Contemporary for breakfast. Needless to say we both opted for the buffet and after ordering our drinks we headed to the buffet to fill our plates. Tom had picked up an

IMG_1618_zps6pzsio2k.jpg

Egg Benedict, some Hash Browns, a bagel, a bit of an omelet, some kind of a casserole, bacon, sausages, cucumber slices and tomatoes. My plate was filled with an

IMG_1619_zps0xclqjtw.jpg

Egg Benedict, the same kind of casserole, some bacon and sausage, a piece of cures salmon, tomato slices and a whole wheat croissant. There was also a small dish filled with different kinds of spreads.

IMG_1620_zpst1icwe0y.jpg

Second helpings were in order,

IMG_1621_zpsbmv3yx7m.jpg

IMG_1622_zpszfh9cnvc.jpg

IMG_1623_zps2sofguq4.jpg

IMG_1624_zps7alufl9p.jpg

IMG_1625_zpsober9ghk.jpg

IMG_1626_zpsfkjjuvsm.jpg

IMG_1627_zpsnck83kzv.jpg

IMG_1628_zpswfnwawc6.jpg

IMG_1629_zps4nbgbbzv.jpg

IMG_1631_zpsfivzehxt.jpg

IMG_1632_zpsgif90cyx.jpg

IMG_1633_zps6parrkcx.jpg

so Tom got himself another

IMG_1636_zpsfqvurser.jpg

bagel, some cream cheese and some fresh cut watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe, while I stuck with

IMG_1635_zps3e4j0au9.jpg

fresh strawberries, blueberries, strawberry yoghurt and a cinnamon roll. Everything was really tasty and fresh and with full bellies we left the restaurant to head over to the Magic Kingdom.
Soon we had made it to bag check and then headed towards the turnstiles. Only a few minutes later we were walking up Main Street. We turned into Adventureland

IMG_1637_zps6xr8s5t6.jpg

and went right for the Jungle Cruise, only to find out that it was down.

IMG_1638_zpspgdykq1v.jpg

Well, let’s get on cruise with the pirates instead. But first we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and picked up a FastPass for later. FastPass in hand, off we went and got in line for Pirates of the Caribbean.

IMG_1639_zpspn3cgwco.jpg

DSC_0561_zpscj3iv8vi.jpg

IMG_1640_zps7d7mxlh1.jpg

DSC_0562_zpsxnj5lvne.jpg

It was more of a walk on and within a few minutes we were seated in one of the boats.

IMG_1641_zpsjjg1swqe.jpg

The ride was nice like always and after we had gotten off we went over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The standby line was not long at all and we had not seen the new additions yet, so we got in line and slowly went through the line.

To be continued .......

Last edited:
I love the Wave buffet.. I'm like you, there aren't many buffets I like but theirs is really good. Love the sweet potato pancakes!

Boo for Jungle Cruise being down but Pirates is always a good choice!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter