Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

YAY!!!!! You are back!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Now back to read from the beginning. :)

Jill in CO

Is is possible to run out of towel animals? Oh NOOOOOOOOO!

Can't wait to hear about your latest adventure!

I love your TR"S and I can't wait to read this newest one.

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

:welcome:
I am glad you chose to come along! :goodvibes

You had me at Nutella... yum!!

Following along!

I KNEW the word Nutella would draw in some crowds. :rotfl2: So happy to have you here! :thumbsup2

WOW -- what a trip!! What I wouldn't give for a B2B on the Fantasy! I'm looking foward to reading about all of your adventures!

Great to have you along for the ride!
It was an awesome trip. And going back to back made it so much more relaxing. Can't wait to do it again. :goodvibes

Page two already!:cool1:

Kate

:welcome: Kate!
It doesn't matter what page you sign up on, it matters that you are HERE! :goodvibes

Just discovered this new TR, can't wait to start enjoying it!:banana:

:welcome: Doris!
So happy that you made it over and are coming along! :thumbsup2

YAY!!!!! You are back!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Now back to read from the beginning. :)

Jill in CO

:welcome: Jill!
I am so glad that you are joining us for another vacation review!

It was such a beautiful time. We both REALLY didn't want to return to the real world, but then ........ who does? ;)

Is is possible to run out of towel animals? Oh NOOOOOOOOO!

Can't wait to hear about your latest adventure!

:welcome: Mary Ellen!
It's sooooooo good to see so many of our DISfriends interested in our travel adventures!

And YES, we WERE told that they might run out of towel animals. :rotfl2: Our stateroom host asked a few times if he had already repeated one. :lmao:

I love your TR"S and I can't wait to read this newest one.

Thank you for reading my TRs! It is so nice to know that there are people out there who love them.
I promise a lot of pics and lots of fun. :thumbsup2

Okay, let's get this show on the road ..........

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 1, August 7

That’s NOT the way we wanted to start off our vacation! - Part 1

As another vacation rolled around this summer I thought I had it all under control and we would be packed and ready to go days before our trip was supposed to start, but ……. :rolleyes1

Guess you all know me by now and I never got around to do a lot of the stuff I wanted to do, so the day before we left was super hectic with us getting our things together, getting the house ship-shape and finally taking our furbaby to her vacation home.
Once we were back we finished off the last of the packing, had some dinner and went to bed around 11pm.

The alarm rang at 3.30! :scared1: We both dragged ourselves out of bed, had showers, unplugged all electric appliances and from now and then had a peek out the window. We had ordered a taxi to be here at 4.40am and in previous years the taxi had always been here about 20 minutes early. We had decided not to have breakfast, as we had booked a businessclass flight (and here we have our first “first”) and would just grab some breakfast in the lounge at the airport. At 4.35 we were standing outside the front door with our luggage and waited for the taxi to arrive.
And waited and waited some more.
So, when time started to run our we called another company to pick us up and low and behold, just when the second taxi arrived the first one made its way to our house too! Seriously late. (and here we have another first – first time our taxi to the airport was so late we had to call another one) We went with the second one and since it was so early in the morning we made it to the airport in plenty of time. Fare paid, we headed inside with our three large bags which we wanted to send on their way. Since we had done online check-in, the procedure was a very easy one, we were handed the code for the lounge and off we went through security. Tom punched in the numbers for the lounge and we went up in the elevator.

There were a few people already up there, but we found a nice table, dropped our carry ons next to it and grabbed a

cream cheese Danish and some

coffee.
So far our trip was off to a good start, even with the taxi hiccup! Sitting in the lounge gave us time to catch our breath and relax and once our flight was announced we went downstairs, headed over to the gate and walked right over to the plane.

We were seated in row four and settled in and a few minutes later we rolled out and took off.

Now, that first flight is not a very long one, it only lasts for 55 minutes and the flight attendants were fast at hand handing our the business class breakfast.

The tray in front of us we had a look at the goodies that were in store for us. There was

some kind of salami, same ham, flavoured brie and some cream cheese and a cherry tomato. There was a

bowl with grapes and some butter as well and the flight attendant handed out some still warm rolls. Tom had

some coffee to go with it, while I had

some tea and we sat and enjoyed our breakfast. Once we were done with it we were handed some “Pickup”, two shortcake cookies sandwiched together with some chocolate. We didn’t really want to eat it right there and then, so I put it in my bag.
While we had had breakfast we had gotten into some dense clouds and suddenly there was a loud “boom”, the lights went out for a second and it got dead silent in the cabin. A minute later the captain announced that indeed the plane had been hit by lightning, (another first), but everything was okay and a little while later we landed in Frankfurt. To our utter surprise we did not go to an outside position, but rolled up right to the terminal. Yeah, and that was another first!
We were in no hurry to get anywhere, as we had a 7 hour layover in Frankfurt anyway, so once we had gotten off the plane we took a little stroll through the airport before we headed for the lounge again, to settle down for the time being.

To be continued ............

Holy crap - you got hit by lighting? :faint" YIKES! I bet you were so happy to land!

7 hour layover - that's long, but I am sure you made good use of your time!

More please!

not off to the best of starts with the taxi fiasco and then lightening! I'm amazed you get food on a 55 minute flight and it looks lovely, as did your lounge snack! Far better than anything I've eaten yet today that's for sure.

7 hour layover??????:sad1:

love the Planes napkins!

Reading along! I've been a lurker on some of your other trip reports and enjoyed them!
Seriously?! Hit by lightning?! WOW! Glad you're safe!

Barb

Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness! (i say in my southern accent.) I would have flipped if my plane had been struck by lightning. I am impressed that you did not. I am a flying wimp though...

Hit by lightening!!! How cow!! :faint:

So happy to read you made to Frankfurt safe and sound!! What a beginning! :eek:

l would have been having heart failure if my taxi (or limo) had not shown up when it was supposed to.

Breakfast looks good.

You got hit by lightening? We had that happen once on our way to Vegas and hence my fear of flying. Let's pray that doesn't happen to me again or I may have to drive to Florida every year. Thankfully, you were okay and the plane was okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter