• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 10/25 Day 31

Happy Easter Karin & Tom :goodvibes

Eek, Senor Frogs doesn't look like a hit with you both :worried:

We did an excursion in Costa Maya so didn't experience the port at all really

We ate lunch at Senor Frogs in Nassau and found it very good of course we were seated well way from the music ,but no one kept bothering us for shots ,of course we d 8 developmentallyl disabled with us so they may have just left us alone:rotfl2:. I agree in Nassau theStraw Market was awful due to the battering with you!!!

Did Disney offer any excursions to anyplace more interesting? That seems like a rather dull port, but your morning was nice with some good meals and a beautiful sunrise.

They had a few excursions, but there was nothing that really stood out. I remember one excursion to visit some ruins, but we had signed up for something like that for the next day.
When I researched on the internet it seemed like a nice port to explore on your own - boy, was I wrong. :rotfl2:
Well, at least we got to climb the watch tower and enjoy the ship a bit more. ;)

Happy Easter Karin & Tom :goodvibes

Eek, Senor Frogs doesn't look like a hit with you both :worried:

We did an excursion in Costa Maya so didn't experience the port at all really

Happy Easter, Linda!

No, Senor Frogs did not get any bonus points. :rotfl2: I might be to old for that kind of entertainment. ;)
I would not have minded her asking once, but she would walk away like three steps, then return and offer again. It was pretty annoying.

You did well, doing an excursion. It looked a nice port to explore on your own, when I researched, but it was not. It was so sad to see everything boarded up on that street to the pyramid. :sad2:

We ate lunch at Senor Frogs in Nassau and found it very good of course we were seated well way from the music ,but no one kept bothering us for shots ,of course we d 8 developmentallyl disabled with us so they may have just left us alone:rotfl2:. I agree in Nassau theStraw Market was awful due to the battering with you!!!

Brave Rosie, eating at Senor Frogs, but I guess you might have a point that the company you were with discouraged them to push shots on you.

Oh, the Straw Market - another place to avoid. When we first went I was so uncomfortable with them pushing their goods on us than changing prices over and over again. Put a tag on your goods and stick with it, people. :rotfl2:

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 14, August 20

A once in a lifetime experience – Costa Maya - Part 4

So we walked over that way, and went inside.
Everything looked a bit unfinished and not very trustworthy, but we saw other people up there too, so we climbed up the stairs and it was really worth while. You had a lovely view over the area from up there and we really enjoyed it.

It turned out to be the best part of our visit to Costa Maya. Once we had soaked in the view, we slowly, very slowly made our way down and headed toward the ship again.
There was a small shop that sold beverages and snacks and we stopped in so Tom could buy some local beers and we bought a few bags of Mexican chips and candy to try as well. Shopping done we slowly made our way back to the ship

and to our stateroom. Tom tried one of the still cold beers

and after some Diet Coke I had a glass of the Platinum sparkling wine, while we sampled the Jalapeno chips

on the veranda. Around 5pm we headed up to Currents

as we still had to sample the drink of the day.

I don’t remember what it was, all I remember is that apart from the blue one I had, which I did not like at all, they all tasted pretty much the same to me. Tom had some kind of dark beer and we sat in our favourite spot overlooking the ocean and sipping our drinks.

To be continued ............

Back 2 backs are awesome!
But have you looked into the Fantasy Eastern, which leaves on Aug 29? I tell you it is a great cruise - and your friend Teresa is on board as well. (You did sail together didn't you?) Teresa and her husband are already sailing with us, so why not have a group that's just a tad larger? ;)

That Aug 29 Eastern is in 2015, right? You have so many trips planned that I have a hard time keeping up with you! :earseek:

I could probably do Aug 2014 instead of the B2B I'm hoping to stretch my 3 day in Sept 2014 into. For 2015 at this point we are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise in April, cheating on Mickey. It does feel a bit wrong, but the itinerary and schedule work well for us. We are planning a Vegas trip in Sept 2015 because Barry wanted to stay on dry land. :confused3 If our plan A doesn't work out for some reason, I will definitely consider the Aug 29 cruise. I would love to cruise with all of you guys (Hi Teresa! :wave:), but I am afraid, Karin, that you have booked my favorite cabin already. :joker:

It was nice looking to have the pool and a part of the beach (if you paid for entrance) right there and people took advantage of it. The pool was clean and nice and since the pool on board is not really big, I guess it is a big draw to do a little shopping and a little swimming. :goodvibes

You had to pay for the beach in Costa Maya? Our excursion went through the port area so fast we didn't get to see anything! I was glad we were on a ship excursion because we barely made it back in time for all aboard. Costa Maya is one port where I sure wouldn't want to miss the ship.:scared1:

I would probably go ashore again in Costa Maya if a cruise I was on happened to go there, but it would most likely be on another Disney sponsored excursion. I am fine with doing things on my own in a lot of places but Costa Maya is not one of them, I'm sorry to say.

Those views of the ship are beautiful! Just lovely seeing it from all the different perspectives!

That Aug 29 Eastern is in 2015, right? You have so many trips planned that I have a hard time keeping up with you! :earseek:

Yes, that is for 2015 - I forgot you were looking for 2014. :sad2:

I could probably do Aug 2014 instead of the B2B I'm hoping to stretch my 3 day in Sept 2014 into. For 2015 at this point we are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise in April, cheating on Mickey. It does feel a bit wrong, but the itinerary and schedule work well for us. We are planning a Vegas trip in Sept 2015 because Barry wanted to stay on dry land. :confused3 If our plan A doesn't work out for some reason, I will definitely consider the Aug 29 cruise. I would love to cruise with all of you guys (Hi Teresa! :wave:), but I am afraid, Karin, that you have booked my favorite cabin already. :joker:

So you are cheating on Mickey in 2015. Hm, well, I guess he might forgive you if you come back to cruise with him again in the near future. ;)
But IF by any chance you consider a cruise in 2015 Tom and I would love to have you on this cruise and I bet Teresa does too.
Oh, and as far as your favourite stateroom goes - we went back to OUR favourite - 10626! :thumbsup2

You had to pay for the beach in Costa Maya? Our excursion went through the port area so fast we didn't get to see anything! I was glad we were on a ship excursion because we barely made it back in time for all aboard. Costa Maya is one port where I sure wouldn't want to miss the ship.:scared1:

Yes, one of the beaches you DID have to pay. I am not sure about the pool in the middle of the plaza, but the beach had a sign that you needed to pay first.
Oh, my, missing the ship in Costa Maya :sad2: Not a nice thought. I would not mind missing it at CC though. :rotfl2:

I would probably go ashore again in Costa Maya if a cruise I was on happened to go there, but it would most likely be on another Disney sponsored excursion. I am fine with doing things on my own in a lot of places but Costa Maya is not one of them, I'm sorry to say.

It looked like a nice easy port to explore yourself, and I guess it would have been if the town outside the plaza had not been DEAD. ;) I was quite happy that both Western Caribbean cruises we are booked on are NOT going there - one goes to Key West instead, the other one to Falmouth. :thumbsup2

Those views of the ship are beautiful! Just lovely seeing it from all the different perspectives!

The ships never fail to amaze me. They are so beautiful and even though we have already spent so much time on them, there is always something that wows me. You are going to have a blast with your camera. :thumbsup2

But IF by any chance you consider a cruise in 2015 Tom and I would love to have you on this cruise and I bet Teresa does too.
Oh, and as far as your favourite stateroom goes - we went back to OUR favourite - 10626!

I checked today and somebody already has our room for the Aug 29, 2015!:confused3 I'm not sure how that was allowed to happen.:teeth:

Hopefully, next time you are in WDW we will be able to come down and meet you there.

I forgot to mention that while we are cheating on Mickey in 2015, I am sure we won't stray far ! No worries, Mickey, we weill be back real soon!

Love the pictures. That view is quite nice. The greens to one side and the ocean blue to the other! :thumbsup2

I checked today and somebody already has our room for the Aug 29, 2015!:confused3 I'm not sure how that was allowed to happen.:teeth:

NO!!! :scared1: That is YOUR stateroom. ;)
I know, these go fast. When I looked for another cruise a while back, they were all gone long before cruise time.

Hopefully, next time you are in WDW we will be able to come down and meet you there.

I hope you will be "home" in summer of 2015. ;) We will only half half days during Tom's birthday trips. :sad2:

I forgot to mention that while we are cheating on Mickey in 2015, I am sure we won't stray far ! No worries, Mickey, we weill be back real soon!

As long as you come back to Mickey - oh, and I will NOT tell him that you are cheating on him. :rotfl2:

Love the pictures. That view is quite nice. The greens to one side and the ocean blue to the other! :thumbsup2

The view was really nice, it was just so sad that the rest of the area in Costa Maya did not have much to offer. It would have been nice if the "town" up where the pyramid was would have been bustling.

Great view and fun pictures of the ship! Can't say that your review makes me want to visit Costa Maya anytime soon though!!!

summer13a_zps065e2f24.jpg

Day 14, August 20

A once in a lifetime experience – Costa Maya - Part 5

Tom had some kind of dark beer and we sat in our favourite spot overlooking the ocean and sipping our drinks.

Once we had finished our drinks we played Goofy’s crazy golf

and soon it was time to head to the back of the ship to see some latecomers come back and finally it was time for us to sail away from Costa Maya.

On the way back to our stateroom we picked up some chips and a few cookies

and again we picked some beverages out of the fridge

and then sat out on the veranda and nibbled our snacks. We had emptied the Fish Extender again and were in awe with the generosity people were showing

before getting ready for dinner. Neither of us was very hungry after all the snacking and the lunch we had had, but we wanted to try and see what was for dinner that day.

To be continued ............

Beautiful pictures from sail away.

I love those shot glasses. How cute!

Could not actually see us, but we were part of the late comers coming back to the ship. Thank Goodness we were on a Disney sponsored excursion. There were probably 8 busses of us and we all got back late from the Mayan ruin excursion. :confused3:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter