Get Off The Ship - we are running out of towel animals! Update 02/21 Day 22

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by dizneeat, Sep 16, 2013.

1. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Thanks Tom! I love it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

Looks like you have some wonderful memories that will be made in the not so distant future!!! :cool1:

4. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I am glad you do, Jen!
    He comes up with so many fun ideas to make my trip reports more interesting. :goodvibes

Yes, we were so lucky that the stars aligned and everything kind of fell into place. It all seems so much more real, now that we have everything booked. :thumbsup2 The flights to Paris (both times) and to Barcelona were really cheap (considering European pricing and that we only want to fly out of our home airport) and I found some really lovely hotels in Barcelona, that fit right into our budget. :thumbsup2

5. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Day 5, August 11

Are you from Austria? - Part 5

She stayed for a few minutes and soon after she had left us again our starters were served. Tom had ordered the

[​IMG]

Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast with Gewurztraminer gelee and pomegranate glaze, while I had my favourite Royal Court appetizer, the

[​IMG]

Double Baked Spinach Souffle, coated with a three cheese cream. Both were incredibly yummy and we both left a pretty clean plate.
    Next course was served right after the plates were taken away, we both had ordered the

[​IMG]

Comtesse Du Barry's Soup, a rich velvety cauliflower cream, topped with salmon caviar croutons. As delicious as it had been on the Dream and we gobbled it all up. Next up were the main courses. I had opted for the

[​IMG]

Roasted Wild Boar Tenderloin, sweet carrot and onion potato cake with a red currant reduction, while Tom had the

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aged Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin topped with Garlic Shrimp, Sautéed Snow Peas and Marquis Potatoes with a Cognac Reduction. Both were as good as the description had sounded and we were getting really full again, but this time we did not want to skip dessert,

[​IMG]

we had been looking forward to it too much for a long time. So we both ordered the

[​IMG]

Grand Marnier Souffle, infused with fresh orange zest and served with creme Anglaise. The perfect way to end a food and fun filled evening. Once we had finished our meal we said goodbye to our servers and slowly made our way back to our stateroom where we found more gifts in our Fish Extender

[​IMG]

and a huge towel lobster on the bed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raj had outdone himself again and since we had just seen him in the hallway, I picked up some candy for him and headed out into the hallway to say thank you for his creation.
    We found him right away and after thanking him we asked if he liked sweets. His answer? He loved them, so we handed over his little treat and he was as happy as we were.
    Back in our stateroom we dressed in something more comfortable, then picked up a drink out of the fridge and sat out on the veranda. It was so relaxing to see the ship glide through the water. The family with the medical emergency came back to our mind and we hoped they were safe. We never found out in the end.
    After about half an hour we were so tired we just wanted to do one more thing. Go to bed and have a good night’s sleep.

To be continued ............

6. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Day 6, August 12

What does one do during a day at sea? – EAT of course! - Part 1

Another beautiful day had dawned. We were up around 7am and after getting ready we had decided to try a “light” breakfast at the Enchanted Garden.
    We took the elevator down and got into the short line, then were seated in one of the round booths close to the buffet. Our server was there to greet us almost immediately and took our orders for coffee for Tom and orange juice for myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we headed over to the buffet. Since it was still early at around 8am we were sure we could indulge a bit before our ADR for lunch. Needless to say that with all the goodies that were there we loaded up far more than we had intended to.

[​IMG]

I had filled my plate with fresh tomato slices, a grilled tomato, some breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon and kind of a breakfast wrap. Tom had gotten the same things plus

[​IMG]

some sausage, hash and toast. We sat and gobbled up our yummy food and talked about the lazy day we had ahead of us.
    Once we had cleared our plates and tipped the server we headed back to our stateroom. And after having cleaned up the stateroom a bit, so Raj could work his magic in it we spent a little time on the veranda watching the waves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But we did not sit out too long as we were itching to get going again and walk around the ship for a bit. So we took the aft stairs up to Cabanas,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then walked outside the restaurant and ended up in the Cove Café. As I had mentioned before, we had a reservation for lunch, but a coffee treat sounded too good to pass up.
    So we both ordered a

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frozen Cappuccino, 1/3 Espresso, blended with Vanilla Ice Cream. Very filling! But, oh so good and we just loved sitting in the cool coffee shop, watching people in the adult pool and enjoying our frozen treat.
    Then, we walked around the pool deck,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stopping ever so often and enjoying all the fun.

7. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Day 6, August 12

What does one do during a day at sea? – EAT of course! - Part 2

Then, we walked around the pool deck,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stopping ever so often and enjoying all the fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Around 10.30am we were back in our stateroom to get changed for our lunch ADR at Remy. At five minutes to eleven we walked up to Remy and checked in.
    We were asked to have a seat in Meridian until our group was ready and so we did. There were already a few people waiting and we found a seat and just waited.
    It didn’t take long and the Maitre d´ entered to room to lead us into the restaurant. We could not believe our eyes, when we saw the Maitre d’. It was Benoit from the Dream.
    We had gotten to know him last summer when Mathieu had been our favourite server and we had come back again and again, just because of Mathieu. And when we made our way into the wine room and we went past Benoit, I just could not help and say to him, “So you jumped ship, didn’t you?”
    He was a bit stunned, but the presentation began and the chef and sommelier explained what was to happen next and we all were handed a glass of champagne and a small plate of Iberico ham.
    There was a short introduction of the team and the menu and champagne pairing, then the chef explained the machine to cut the ham and soon after we were led to our table.

[​IMG]

It seemed that Benoit had taken the time to check who we were, as when he came to take us to our table, he seemed to perfectly well know who we were and even mentioned Mathieu. We had a nice table in the extra room, right by the window.

8. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I LOVE the Grand Marnier Souffle! it's one of the best desserts on the ship!!

I am so blue right now. I want to sail and nothing seems to work right now for us. (Plus a husband who seems to think we should stay home :crazy2: )

I am living through you right now with all you updates.

9. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

For buffet food, those plates look VERY appetizing!!!

:cool1:

Sounds like things moved smoothly for you!

I am so impressed by how you remember everyone. You have the most amazing memory. Most days, I am lucky to remember who I am. ;)

Looks like some nice gifts!!!

Is this a meet and greet sort of thing or a sales presentation?

I am sorry to hear that. :sad2: Dismeets are usually so fun. But I suppose we don't always find ourselves compatible with each and every person we come across.:hug:

What a pretty day! Am I wrong in thinking that it is not always so sunny when you sail out?

beautiful pictures!

Oh no! I know I am terribly far behind... but I hope that when you say "sign of what's to come" just means a lack of whistles...

10. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Doing my monthly check-in Karin :blush: The food oh my....:goodvibes it looks amazing! The patient being evacuated is one of the many reasons I won't cruise:confused3 I am one of the nurses who come and rescue people off of a ship, and it scares me. I had no idea how many people remain on the ship...for hours days even, critically ill since they do not involve coast guard and evacuations very often. They treat them on the ship until they get to the closest port. But I will mention, they are highly skilled and good at what they do for the most part. Again, it's like getting hurt on an island, medical care, but it's not optimal. I am super paranoid, but it's only because I am a nurse :offtopic: I am hopeful the patient did well!!

I did enjoy getting to go on a cruise ship for the first time...it was cool, and since it was docked, my phobia of big ships wasn't kicking in...;) So thanks to your TR I can enjoy DCL :goodvibes:hug: But I really really want to eat that food!!!:lmao:

11. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Michelle, I asked Tom and he remembered! The CM, Jessica, tasted the Fernet. She really didn't like the taste at all. :rotfl2:

That is one good souffle! It took me a while to give it a try, but Tom has always enjoyed it. ;)

Tell me about feeling down for not cruising for some time. We still are a little over 100 days out until our next one.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for something really good to come up! :hug:

You read that perfectly right, Ann. Commodore Tom does not use his Mickey whistles if he does not have to. And they are so much fun and isn't everyone waiting for them, while sailing out? :confused3

I think the medical team on board is pretty well trained. Sure people get sick everywhere, but I'd rather get sick and know there some kind of help on board, than being sick during a 12 hour flight. ;)
    But I do understand about not wanting to cruise. Our reasons were different before we took our first. I was so afraid I would feel locked in and would not be able to relax, but the complete opposite was the case. We love our days at sea.
    Oh, and there is lots more food to come. :goodvibes

12. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

What a sweet little message on the tv :goodvibes

So not your favorite show? :sad2: hopefully you saw one that you enjoyed more. I love disney shows!!!

You don't mention the shops too much. Do you spend much time in them?

I love that you do the FE gifts. I imagine it helps to make the trip more magical. :goodvibes

:cool1: yay! More food pics to come!!!

13. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

I still think you are impressive in how you are able to remember. Or maybe it is just that I am a horrible person who can't? ;) The cm who took me on the tour.. nope, I can't remember her name. I even told myself to... but by the time I got back to the room and thought to write it down... nope it was gone.

I think it is easy to forget that the people we come in contact with here on dis are not always people that we can get along with... I am no stranger to that. I just thought it was me though..:goodvibes

14. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Don't you just love sea days
    Totally relaxing - ahh bliss :)
    Can't wait to hear all about your lunch at Remy as it's something I would love to try when we are on the Fantasy next year

15. RGirl

RGirl Change Is Good

Mmm - love all the tasty food!

And the pics - one of my favorite things is sitting out on the verandah watching the ocean go by. Your water pics took me right back there. And all the pool pics! I love that ship so much!!! :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear more about your Remy experience. That was definitely a MAJOR highlight of my cruise. :woohoo:

16. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

All the food looked so good.
    Love the towel lobster. LOL
    The deck is so pretty.
    Great updates and pics

17. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

while your entire meal looked amazing... this stood out! YUM!!

What a long day, I can't say I blame you!

18. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Lots more! [​IMG]

Yes, you might be on to something here. Usually the people on the trip reports and meet threads are excited and try to help each other - this group (or some people on there) not so much. ;)

Oh, we just love our sea days. We are so torn about what to do in 2015 - we wanted to do a 4 - 5 week California tour, but now we have decided that we need another cruise that summer. :rotfl2: I am pretty sure we will be on the Fantasy (hope the price is right ;)) and if so it will definitely be an Eastern Caribbean again. :thumbsup2 Can't beat two sea days to start it all off. :cloud9:

If you haven't done a lunch at Remy - PLEASE do so next time. It really is a neat experience - I can recommend the Champagne pairing as well. :laughing:

Ah, watching the sea, so peaceful and relaxing! :cloud9: We just love to sit out there and recap the day. We only wanted to cruise ONCE in our lifetime and decided to go all out with a veranda stateroom and now we cannot do without it. :lmao:

We really enjoyed Remy - but then it was easy we had had fun with Benoit in the first place.

19. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Raj outdid himself with his towel animals. They were just awesome every day, so much creativity.
    The pool deck is just so colourful and it is all so clean and neat.:thumbsup2

It was a good dessert, it just amazed me that he ordered it. ;)

20. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

Your breakfast on your cruises always looks yummy! i think I would be surprised if you chose something different though.;)

Very nice! Your two spots were just waiting for you!!! It is neat to read about the more adult things that you can do on the ship. :goodvibes

21. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

More food. :faint: I gain five pounds just looking at each of your posts. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
    :rotfl2:

Love the photos around the ship by the pool. It looks really fun. Mark and I've decided a cruise is not for us (we're going to try to hit New York next year and Disneyland the year after and then Aulani the year after that so have to save our pennies), but I do enjoy seeing all the photos.