Get a little Give a little, Pixie Dust that is - Completed

So far behind.... Catching up on all PTR and TR today... well at least thats my goal!

It's Maleficent from SLeeping beauty

THANK YOU! :thanks:

I was going to chime in saying the dragon was Maleficent, but someone beat me to it. Looks like you had a good day. Not sure why you called pushing through mistake #2? It didn't look like it lead to any breakdowns or anything. That was awesome that you were able to give away your bonus FPs. We used to give away extra FP all the time (or at least try to - often people wouldn't believe me!) but now we don't because generally you can't. We did BOG last trip (in 2013) and really liked it. We're trying lunch this time. Really just a cool setting.

I think overall everyone including DD would have been a little less on edge if we took a break even for an hour or so.... Luckily hitting up the baby care center helped and we didn't have any major issues... oh and that Starbucks for all the adults!:coffee:. Its really hard to give away or help out people with FP with the MB, so i was really happy/lucky i was able to. We did Dinner and Breakfast at BOG, next time Lunch! Can't wait to hear what you think of Lunch!

I think they have the resort monorail loop set up so only one stop on the way back when people are tired vs. walking over in morning when have nor energy. Same reason main street is a slight uphill towards castle and thus downhill on way out when you are tired.

Interesting about Main Street but makes total sense... I agree the monorail runs one way so at night makes more sense. However i can dream that it always could run the way that works best for me:rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed Chef Mickey's - we have never done it for same reason you were worried about - though have found that breakfasts are safest option for character buffets

I figure breakfast food is the hardest to mess up, and the beginning of the day is the best for cleanliness, so we stuck to breakfast and it worked out. I would go back, but next time would probably try a different breakfast option.

Sounds like a good day even if you didn't get your break in and you got in a bunch of classic rides. We really enjoyed our meet with A&E - glad you did too

Was a great day! I was really happy over all:-)

Ooh, cool pixie dust! Glad it worked!

Thanks! Me too!:)

Sounds like your DD did so well getting in lots of good nap time! I loved that you were able to give pixie dust to another family, it does make it much harder to do now that we have MB's.

It does make it much harder but it felt really good to be able to help someone else out:-)

I'd like to try BoG for dinner sometime, we did lunch there and really liked it, I just love the atmosphere, weird that they had so many empty tables :confused3

I did like the dinner, but all the empty tables really annoyed me especially since it is so hard to get a reservation at a good time there. I hope it was an isolated incident and that inst how it always is.

You castle view from your room is fantastic!

:thanks: It was a really nice way to wake up and go to bed every day.

The MM magic shots are so cool, I really like the Princess and the Frog one, all we ever get is tinker bell.

I love the Tinkerbell one, it came out perfect we wanted her to put her hand down but she thought it was high five time, ended up being even better!:tinker:

I also love your Fitbit steps report, I have said every time we go that we need to track how many steps we make each day, it seems like we walk miles!

You should also take in to account the FitBit is a little less accurate when you push the stroller. I split the pushing with my husband so i would say i am short a few steps every day.... But we found it interesting to see how many steps anyway!:cool1: <---- is he dancing or walking... i am going to go with walking

Eeep! I'm so behind!

Me too!:eek:

Contemporary monorail - I had no idea it took that long! I kind of remember taking it to the TTC and transferring to the Epcot track and it didn't seem so long but it could have been that I was so distracted. But wow, 25 minutes to the MK?!!

The TTC is the first stop after the Contemporary then it dos the whole loop, but on the way back from MK its the first stop...Not that i ever took it at night either....

I love all your photo pass magic shots! The one of your sister holding Tinkerbell while your DD is reaching out looks so perfect! It really looks like your DD sees Tink!

Thanks! Me too! It came out perfect we wanted her to put her hand down but she thought it was high five time, ended up being even better!:tinker:

Your MK day looks like a success! I love that you were able to bless that family with those A&E passes. They must have felt so special! I bet you made their day!

MK day was a success no big complaints from me (or anyone else) and I had a great day! I felt really good about being able to give someone the FP's especially since its so hard to do.

Ummm... YOUR VIEW!! That is not something you could ever get tired of!! Holy cow, amazing. Wishes in pj's sounds like a pretty perfect way to end a night!

Perfect way to end a night... I need to think of a way to end my night this was more often like maybe half the year:rotfl2: only half kidding!

Great report so far!

I am loving the theme park view... yay for pixie dust, even though the check in seemed so messy. Holy cow, I would be irritated too if I had to wait that long, especially with your little one.

I have the exact same thoughts about the Rose Gallery - like why were those tables not filled!? Blows my mind lol.

Really cute photopass pics, definitely lots of memories for everyone. :)

Day 3 Part 1 – Animal Kingdom

So I was a little worried about AK. We have never been to AK before and I had been hearing mixed things about the bus ride 15 minutes 30 minutes was the ride going to be worth it… I was also worried because I had heard AK is the hottest park and well some of us don’t do heat very well.

FullSizeRender.jpg
Animal Kingdom outfit!

We agreed to meet around 8:30 to get a bus to AK, I was hoping to get there around 9. Well, as per the standard for this trip we were late only a few minutes but DH needed coffee….So we got out to the bus maybe at 8:45/8:50 and they my MIL ask the CM how long till the AK bus they said 15 minutes. Well ok not the end of the world… but less than 2 minutes later BUS! So now we are the people rushing to get the stroller ready for the bus. The bus ride was about 20-25 minutes with the stop at WL. It wasn’t horrible just crowded DD didn’t seem to mind.

We got to AK a little after 9 maybe 9:15? I don’t know for sure I really wasn’t watching my watch I was trying to be on vacation. So I wanted to put DD in the carrier because I had a feeling she was going to fall sleep and I wanted to ride the Safari, but by the time I got off the bus we ended up doing the stroller and she was out before we got in to the park…. We headed right to the safari as we were using the FP for Epcot later in the day. 20 minute wait, not too bad for getting there around 9:30 (maybe?) They let you take the stroller through the line which is great, so I decided that when we got to the end I would put DD in the Ergo and deal with it then. About 5 minutes before it was time to drop off the stroller she woke up, Score! So we transferred her and we were ready for the Safari! Everyone seemed to enjoy it, sorry I didn’t take any pictures. Now my Dad did a real Safari so I was waiting for him to tell us all about how this one sucked and be a total buzz kill, but nope that didn’t happen go Dad!

We then decided to take some MM pictures.

ak1.jpg ak2.jpg

My Dad Sister and her BF decided to head back to the hotel they had to check out by 1, so they walked with us and then headed back. We went to EE and to Dino land and walked around a bit. Some more MM pictures and a Mickey bar!
ak 3.jpg
Overall I liked AK and would want to go back and get to do more, we skipped FOLK but next time I want to do this for sure, and since the bus ride is a little long I think next trip I would plan to get there spend till 3 or 4 there then break and lateish dinner. (Sorry I guess this is a PTR too) Around 12ish DH, DD and I decided to head back to the hotel too. The In Laws decided to grab lunch and then do a trail.

We waited a bit for the bus.. and sorry if this is TMI but good thing we left because DD had a bit of an explosion on the way back to the hotel (only one all trip) but luckily we were on our way back and I am sorry to anyone who may have been on the bus with us.

So we got back changed DD met up with my family for some lunch at Contempo café.
IMG_7591.JPG
Grampiee this is MY DIET COKE!
IMG_7593.JPG
Ok I guess I will have a Bottle....

Then we went back to the room to lay down. DD fought it but ended up taking about an hour or so nap me too! My Family Decided to head to Epcot since they just checked out.

Last edited:

Okay...I'm here; I'll be back in a bit to get caught up.

Welcome:welcome: thanks for joining in!

Great report so far!

I am loving the theme park view... yay for pixie dust, even though the check in seemed so messy. Holy cow, I would be irritated too if I had to wait that long, especially with your little one.

I have the exact same thoughts about the Rose Gallery - like why were those tables not filled!? Blows my mind lol.

Really cute photopass pics, definitely lots of memories for everyone. :)

Thanks for joining in! :wave:

Pixie Dust was great, but in some ways it was such a mess i almost would have preferred no issues and no Pixie Dust you know?

I don't get it hire more people, BOG is a money maker they would benefit from it, at least i think so.

Thank you, some great memories i cant wait to make an album with all the pics!

Day 3 Part 1 – Animal Kingdom

So I was a little worried about AK. We have never been to AK before and I had been hearing mixed things about the bus ride 15 minutes 30 minutes was the ride going to be worth it… I was also worried because I had heard AK is the hottest park and well some of us don’t do heat very well.

fullsizerender-jpg.98299
Oh my goodness she's just so beautiful!
I don’t know for sure I really wasn’t watching my watch I was trying to be on vacation.
Good plan! :thumbsup2
About 5 minutes before it was time to drop off the stroller she woke up, Score!
:cool1:
We waited a bit for the bus.. and sorry if this is TMI but good thing we left because DD had a bit of an explosion on the way back to the hotel (only one all trip) but luckily we were on our way back and I am sorry to anyone who may have been on the bus with us.
My dear any parent understands this :hug:. We've all been there at one time or another don't even stress it. Just a part of babyhood especially when traveling as the normal routines are so off.
I'm a fan of Animal Kingdom and use it as the Sanaa day hehe. I have a pretty terrible fear of Disney busses so have to devote one full day to that area and steal myself for the bus journey. ;) I hope you get to explore the park a bit more next time! :D

Following along. Your DD is so adorable! Looks like a great trip so far. Jealous of your Contemporary stay, especially with that upgraded view!

Out of this entire update, strangely this amused me the most. Because apparently, I'm a 9-year-old boy. :rotfl2:

Glad it was the only messy situation during the trip, and that you were already on the way back to your room when it happened! :hug:

Great update! I love the big group shot at AK...awesome!! And yeah don't sweat the explosion...what can you do..it happens. The other people on the bus were probably just thinking how lucky they were that they didn't have to clean it up lol

Joining in! All caught up! Your daughter is beautiful. What a lovely trip so far. It's so nice you got to spread some pixie dust!pixiedust:
-Lindsey

Oh my goodness she's just so beautiful!

Thank you!:thanks:

My dear any parent understands this :hug:. We've all been there at one time or another don't even stress it. Just a part of babyhood especially when traveling as the normal routines are so off.
I'm a fan of Animal Kingdom and use it as the Sanaa day hehe. I have a pretty terrible fear of Disney busses so have to devote one full day to that area and steal myself for the bus journey. ;) I hope you get to explore the park a bit more next time! :D

Luckily it wasn't so bad, till she started jumping around.... between the routine being off and all the food we were letting her try we are lucky it only happened once! Ugh i agree Disney buses :confused3

Following along. Your DD is so adorable! Looks like a great trip so far. Jealous of your Contemporary stay, especially with that upgraded view!

:welcome: Thank you, It was a great hotel with a great view, made for a great trip!

Out of this entire update, strangely this amused me the most. Because apparently, I'm a 9-year-old boy. :rotfl2:

Glad it was the only messy situation during the trip, and that you were already on the way back to your room when it happened! :hug:

haha! :rotfl2:However i should tell you I don't blame you its pretty funny after the fact or when it isn't happening to me.

Great update! I love the big group shot at AK...awesome!! And yeah don't sweat the explosion...what can you do..it happens. The other people on the bus were probably just thinking how lucky they were that they didn't have to clean it up lol

Thanks, to be honest I am happy/lucky we only got it once, and your probably right everyone is just happy it isn't happening to them.
Joining in! All caught up! Your daughter is beautiful. What a lovely trip so far. It's so nice you got to spread some pixie dust!pixiedust:
-Lindsey

Welcome:wave: thanks for joining in! Thank you for the kind words about DD. It was nice to spread the Pixie Dust!

Hello! Just catching up with your Trip Report. It was my DDs 11th birthday today. Seeing your little one brings back so many memories! She is just precious, and a great napper!

Fun report so far! I have often contemplated CR but DH is not into it.

Hello! Just catching up with your Trip Report. It was my DDs 11th birthday today. Seeing your little one brings back so many memories! She is just precious, and a great napper!

Fun report so far! I have often contemplated CR but DH is not into it.

Thanks for joining in!! :wave:

Happy birthday to your DD!! :bday:

Thank you for your kind words about DD, she is a great napper in a stroller, in a car, flying but never on a Saturday in her crib when all I want to do is fold the laundry :P.... But who wants to fold laundry anyway.

I enjoyed the Contemporary but totally get its not for everyone. It wasn't my first choice, the theming is lacking IMO but convince wins out sometimes.

Oh my, little D is killing it in her outfits! She's just too cute!! Funny how they always seem to have blowouts in the cutest, most expensive outfits though... I think they know...:rolleyes:

Once again, great MM photos! I love the big group one. You can tell everyone is having a good time! Your pictures of D are bringing back such great memories of my little girl at that age. I totally miss how portable she used to be!

Joining in! Your DD is absolutely precious! I loved her AK outfit.

Every time I ask his opinion he says do what I want, which is great but no help what so ever.
That's like my boyfriend! Sometimes I can't decide and need a second opinion and a "do whatever you want to do" answer does not help. :laughing:

the rest of the show was really funny as always, I love this attraction, and I think it is underrated.

Love Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor! I don't think I'd ever skip it now. :thumbsup2

adorable!

About 5 minutes before it was time to drop off the stroller she woke up, Score!
:dogdance:

but good thing we left because DD had a bit of an explosion on the way back to the hotel
:headache: Yeah we learned a valuable lesson at AK about Swim Diapers in this regard.

(only one all trip)
Lucky ducks! :thumbsup2

I am sorry to anyone who may have been on the bus with us.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:Meh it happens!

Sounds like a nice time - despite some stress about transportation. AK is definitely a bit different than the other parks - and is definitely warmer. Also, I think, possible the best overall themed and one you can just walk around and take in the little touches. Definitely check out FOTLK next time

Oh my, little D is killing it in her outfits! She's just too cute!! Funny how they always seem to have blowouts in the cutest, most expensive outfits though... I think they know...:rolleyes:

Once again, great MM photos! I love the big group one. You can tell everyone is having a good time! Your pictures of D are bringing back such great memories of my little girl at that age. I totally miss how portable she used to be!

Thanks you, ALWAYS blowouts at the worst times and outfits!! ALWAYS! :sad2:

Thank you for the kind words about DD, its funny (in a good way) that you called her little D my dad and aunt call her that sometimes. She is named after my mom also a D.

Joining in! Your DD is absolutely precious! I loved her AK outfit.

That's like my boyfriend! Sometimes I can't decide and need a second opinion and a "do whatever you want to do" answer does not help. :laughing:

Love Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor! I don't think I'd ever skip it now. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the kind words about DD and her outfit!

UGH help me make a decision for once please!! I really enjoy some underrated attractions its so nice to hear other people love them too!

adorable!

:dogdance:

:headache: Yeah we learned a valuable lesson at AK about Swim Diapers in this regard.

Lucky ducks! :thumbsup2

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:Meh it happens!

Swim Diapers... I am going to wait for the story on your TR, but i will say i learned a valuable less not to long ago too.... I REALLY don't think most people know... (i am guessing your lesson was similar :rolleyes1)

Sounds like a nice time - despite some stress about transportation. AK is definitely a bit different than the other parks - and is definitely warmer. Also, I think, possible the best overall themed and one you can just walk around and take in the little touches. Definitely check out FOTLK next time

I agree I LOVED the themeing (not a real word?!?!) at AK, and can't wait to go back and check it out with a little more time!

Okay, I am finally caught up.

First , your daughter is absolutely beautiful.

That is unacceptable on the resort's part and I am glad to hear that they took care of you in a very good fashion.

I loved ALL of the photopass pictures...they are terrific (even with a sleeping baby).

I'm glad you could spread some pixie dust with the Anna and Elsa FP+. We loved our first visit with them when they appeared together; our second visit with Anna was great, but Elsa left a bit to be desired. I think they should add Olaf. :)

Animal Kingdom is tied for our second favorite park with Epcot. We find the Studios, our least favorite park, to actually be hotter than AK. I hope you get back there again and can explore more. There really is a lot to see and you will love Festival of the Lion King.

I should be able to stay caught up now.

Okay, I am finally caught up.

First , your daughter is absolutely beautiful.
Thank you!

That is unacceptable on the resort's part and I am glad to hear that they took care of you in a very good fashion.
I agree, it helped turn around what could have been a really bad start to the trip!

I'm glad you could spread some pixie dust with the Anna and Elsa FP+. We loved our first visit with them when they appeared together; our second visit with Anna was great, but Elsa left a bit to be desired. I think they should add Olaf. :)

I agree! Elsa kept saying i think Olaf would love you since you are dressed for summer, would have been nice to meet him after that

Animal Kingdom is tied for our second favorite park with Epcot. We find the Studios, our least favorite park, to actually be hotter than AK. I hope you get back there again and can explore more. There really is a lot to see and you will love Festival of the Lion King

I can not wait to go back and spend some more time here, what little of it i got to see i really liked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter