Germany Beirgarten question...

I never knew or didn't think to ask about a to go cup for my beer there, this is great news. Now I can eat a little more and drink the rest of my beer later as I walk off all the food.

Would it help her if you asked to have your two seats at the railing...have her sit at the railing and you sit next to her. There would still be a stranger across from her, but she would not have to be shoulder to shoulder and she can converse with just you.

No tables for 2, they will sit with others but there is no rule that they have to speak with everyone else. My wife and I go and just enjoy each others company. Dont let sitting with others at a table get them anxious. They ride with others on rides, they sit with others watching shows, the only thing different here is that they are eating. Go around showtime and watch the show and dont worry about anyone else.

1) They do have tables for 4 and 6,
2) These are against the wall on the upper level.
3) However, they do not typically fill them until the community tables are full.
4) This is communal dining, and they want to maintain the spirit.
5) As mentioned by smcabee, you do so many other activities at WDW with strangers, communal dinner should not be difficult.

Can't agree at all about the comments of flung do much with strangers. Biergarten is quite different. On rides etc you are eith strangers 2-15 minutes and don't have to interact. At Biergarten it will be an hour or more.

If you get nice table mates it can fine even quite pleasant. But if you get bad or rude tablemates it can be bad even horrible. We've had both and when we got a bad table it was the worst Disney experience we've ever had. If the guest has social anxiety I'd suggest they firmly ask for one of the 4 tops for themselves. Sorry to be a downer, but as a psychologist without meeting the person I would not casually suggest that it will be ok for them.

Would it help her if you asked to have your two seats at the railing...have her sit at the railing and you sit next to her. There would still be a stranger across from her, but she would not have to be shoulder to shoulder and she can converse with just you.

But, there's no "assigned" seating at the Biergarten. We've been taken in as a full group of eight and everyone just sat where they wanted and we have been (as a party of two) led to an already occupied table of six and had to sit in the remaining chairs.

If you get nice table mates it can fine even quite pleasant. But if you get bad or rude tablemates it can be bad even horrible

Couldn't agree more. One time we had quiet table mates that were unsure at first then interacted well. Another time no interaction. Then another time we sat with a group who had a college age man who thought he was the world's greatest beer expert and loudly told everyone all about the different beers and all about them. Then (he was seated next to me) started to criticize my beer selection and food partnering. Then I told him in a very polite manner that he was full of it he stared at me and the I showed him my little card certificate for winning a major beer contest and then I told him I brew my own beers and have written article for mags; he just glared at me and his father then said "see I knew you were full of it all along" and then bought me my next beer. Every one but the college guy laughed and we had a great time the rest of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!