Geriatric MM Warriors June 13, 2010

Seabreezes

Mouseketeer
Here is our new page. Let's hope summer and lots of outdoor activities make for healthy eating and lots of weight loss!!

Yes, clicking on the the link from the old post works. See you all on the new thread.

This was to have been on old thread!!

I sent an e-mail out - hope everyone gets it and that we get a "hello" from our missing friends.

Looking forward to "seeing" everyone.:yay:

:wave2:Hi everyone!!

Thanks for creating the thread and sending out the notice Jocelyn!:hug: I already have it saved to my favorites.:goodvibes

I can mention my eating! :yay: It seems to be the only thing I have total control of these days! I'm just starting my third week back on Step I. It's so easy this time. I've even gotten my green tea in every day also..are y'all listening?:laughing: I can't remember where I read to do it..but I've been taking about an inch of ginger and quartering it and letting it seap <sp> in the tea and I actually like the flavor it brings to it. I've not weighed and don't intend to, so I can't offer any pounds loss but I do feel good! :goodvibes
My MD26 started up a family bet (kind of like the Biggest Loser) to see who could be the first to take off ten pounds. This should be an easy win for me, I can't wait to see how much cash is involved! :woohoo:

Lisa, I can't wait to hear about the end results of your lazer treatments. I bet you're so excited, I know I'd be. How about some before and after pics on facebook?:idea: I have several people asking me for before and after pics of my weight loss..I keep telling them.."It's not after yet!!" I was babysitting at my older daughters house yesterday and was going through her wedding photo albums, ohhhh my gosh, I was huge! I don't think I even realized how big I was at 230lbs. I now know which one I'm using as my before pic! Gads!

It's been horribly hot and humid here and the frequent thunderstorms hampering yard work more than usual; flowers are loving it though. I told DH this morning that the heat here makes me think I don't want to go to Mexico for the month of August, at least here I can go inside to A/C...no A/C in Mexico!:scared1:

Thanks again for the new thread!

You all have a great rest of your weekend. See you all soon!

Hello everyone!!
Jocelyn, thanks for the email with the new link. Don't know if I would have found you all or not!!

Lisa, I am about to give up my ice cream for you LOL. It has been so hot and humid here the last few weeks, I eat some in the evenings to help cool myself off. But honestly, it is a small bowl I use. It is one of the small Coronet bowls. The night I posted that on FB, it was sooo stinking hot here, and I just couldn't get cooled off LOL.

Pam, so good to see you. I know you'll do well on step 1.

I honestly need to get my mind set back to MM. Had a really bad experience this morning. I was doing a few errands for the lady I clean for (the 4 day a week one) and I didn't get to eat this morning before I left at 8. So I grabbed a sausage mcmuffin and hash brown from McDonalds. That was around 10. I had to leave work around noon, and on the way home, I got sooo nauseated. I actually had to pull onto a side road, thinking I'd just throw up in the high weeds along the road. I didn't even have enough time to get out! As soon as I opened the door, I was throwing up. It really scared me. I never throw up unless I drink way too much alcohol.
Long story short, tomorrow morning will start my step 1. Or a version of it at least. I am still reading the adrenal fatigue book, and a lot of what he says seems to go hand in hand with MM. So I want to follow his ideas and try to incorporate MM into it. I really need to do this, and I know I will with all of you pulling for me :love:
Ok, have to go to the grocery store as they are saving me a bunch of boxes. I am packing up some of Tris' stuff and Michael's as well. He is no longer living here. He is welcome to visit, but not live here. He is still doing his cough medicine unfortunately. I found a receipt from 6/1. Mike threw him out (for lack of better words) on 6/3 but we didn't know about the cough medicine then.
Ok, enough rambling. Some things never change LOL.

:grouphug: Love you all!!

I made it to the new thread! I have to run to the office to write an offer so just dashing off a big Hello to all of you! Pam, it's my second day 'out' after laser seclusion, lol! I'm in the awkward stage of peeling and breaking out. I don't get pimples any more, but this makes them happen for about a week. I can't stand it! The texture is nice, though, but I am still swollen and red. I'm too afraid to post before and after pics with no makeup, lol! The doctor has them in her file so I can see them if I want. Places where I used to dab extra makeup don't seem to require the extra any more, but as I said, I am swollen so the true picture isn't really there yet. It will be 6 months before I see the full benefit of the treatments.

Tom and I are taking a mini trip to the beach via a town where we are picking up some outdoor teak furniture on Wednesday. Kate, if you're out there, we're going to probably swing over to Half Moon Bay for the afternoon with Bonnie. Wanna play hookie?? I'll be the one in the big hat, lol!

Kathy, I did break down and eat ice cream one day when my face was so hot, but it didn't really make me feel any better after it was over. I'm renewing my resolve today. Summer is easy with grilling and all the veggie choices. We love the new grill. The food seems really moist. It's infrared technology. Got it at Lowes. Going out in the yard after the heat is gone for the evening is nice, too. Makes us more active. I sure do love summer.

Hugs to you all! More tomorrow.
:grouphug:

Glad to see you have found the new site. Hope to see some of the other people back too.

Just got back from playing bridge so have to decide what to do with my afternoon. I spent all afternoon yesterday in the ocean. It was sooo nice and there were no children jumping on me as they do in the pool in the afternoon.

Kathy - sorry to hear you were ill. Hope you are feeling better today.

Lisa - I'm so envious of your bar-b-que, but we do survive with our electric one, but just not quite the same.

Hugs to ALL:grouphug:

Hi everyone! Not much going on again LOL.

Lisa, so glad you were able to get the link and find the new thread. Your grill sounds so nice! We will probably get one like that when ours finally bites the dust. I don't really like going to Lowes because of knowing everyone there. We can't make just a quick trip. We usually end up talking to a bunch of friends and being a couple hours. But I do miss all the coworkers I had to leave behind when I quit.
Enjoy your day with Bonnie and Tom. I know you will. I so wish I had a beach closer than we do. I would be there all the time. If I could live somewhere where the beach was in front of me and mountains behind me, I would be such a happy camper!! I love them both.

Jocelyn, glad to hear you had a good time at the beach. Kids can really put you through the wringer sometimes LOL.

Off to work. I did eat some scrambled eggs this morning and about a cup and a half of coffee. The eggs just didn't seem to sit right either. Hopefully it won't be a repeat of yesterday. In the book about AF, he says to eat before 10, so I managed to do that. But one of the "side effects" of AF is not being hungry in the morning.

Ok, I'll catch you all later. :grouphug:

Another beautiful day here. I'll head to the pool early after I make some eggs for us.

I was perusing different sites on the computer last night and came across one where the gal met the fellow who wrote the new Atkins book. She has been on a stall for a bit after losing a lot of weight. He said to go back to strict induction which would be the same as Step 1 on MM. Carb creep can be too much if you are really sensitive to carbs. I think I will start writing down what I am eating and see just how many carbs I am eating again. The inches and the scale do not seem to be budging and I think I am doing well!!! Guess not!!

Kathy - hope you get to feeling better.

Lisa - we used to go to Half Moon Bay all the time when we lived in Menlo Park. We would go and get fresh salmon during the salmon season.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs:grouphug:

Kathy: My sister lives where the redwoods meet the sea. Can't get much prettier than the extreme north coast of CA. You'd love it! My nephew has AF and was told to eat 2 eggs every morning because he also has hypoglycemia. If you get caught out again rather than McD, can you go to a Subway? They have a new low fat breakfast sandwich that looks much healthier. Hope you feel better soon.

Jocelyn: I wish I could spend the day in the ocean! It will be pretty tomorrow, but as you know, we don't have the warm sea you get to enjoy. We could live in Hawaii in a heartbeat. I liked your note about carb creep. I think it happened to me as well. I'm trying to be strict for awhile. We'll have to take an ice chest for fish tomorrow. That's a great idea! Not sure if there will be room with the patio furniture in the SUV also, but we'll try.

Another beautiful day in the 80's today. My yard is so full of birds since I feed them every morning. We even have quail. So cute!

Grilled chicken and grilled veg Tom made last night was better than any restaurant meal we've had in a long time. I made sure to give a lot of compliments to the chef in the hopes he will continue!;)

Tom's getting braces on his lower front teeth tomorrow morning. I said, "We should kiss hard tonight." He replied, "Heck, if I'd known we were going to do that I'd have gotten braces a month ago!" LOL!:lmao:

Another beautiful day here - hope everyone else is having a lovely day and getting ready for Father's Day.

I just put a corned beef in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow. Bob loves corned beef as well as some other friends so that is our meal tomorrow with sautéed cabbage.

Have a great weekend:grouphug:

Kathy - That is adorable! How did you get him to the top of the slide?

I am having another low time. I am getting so disappointed in my job search and it's taking it's toll on my overall mood. I am still walking every day, but other than that I am laying on the couch. I can't wait for bed time so the day is over. It really sucks.

Lisa - How are your husband's new braces? Are they the clear kind?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Diane - here is a web site for RealSimple magazine. There was an article in our newspaper about how some ladies found jobs and I was able to find it on-line for you.

http://www.realsimple.com/work-life...eer/how-to-find-job-00000000035083/index.html

I don't know what kind of volunteer jobs are in your area, but apparently some people are able to make some connections that way that turn into paying jobs.

I can only imagine how hard it is to want to work and not be able to find a job.

Hugs for you:hug::hug:

Happy Sunday Everyone

Thank you Jocelyn! I really appreciate the info. I didn't know I could post my resume on Craigslist. I check it everyday, but didn't see the resume section. I am going to post it tonight. I have to edit it to remove my address and phone number. They said in that article to have a dedicated voice mail, but I'm going to use my email address that I use for job hunting only. I can't volunteer without putting my unemployment insurance at jeopardy. I know that's stupid, but true. Thanks again! :hug:

Diane: Tom's braces are clear brackets and metal wires. I think he looks cute! He's doing pretty well with his eating - slows him down but not too bad. I'm so sorry you are discouraged about your job search. I really believe in networking for everything you want or need. Try to tell everyone you know to tell everyone they know about your search. There is power in reaching out. I know you have exhausted yourself with sending out resumes, but try not to get down. Your perfect job is out there!

Jocelyn: I love cabbage! We've been grilling extra veggies at dinner to add to lunches and left overs. Sure makes it easy! I had a taco (lc) last night with a few grilled yellow pepper strips. Made all the difference!

We had a really nice drive down the Delta yesterday. (Where the Sacramento River meets the ocean water from San Francisco area). It had been years since we did that. We set out on an adventure to explore and find lunch. We had lunch on a riverboat in Isleton. Lucky for the iphone I was able to find it, lol! I'm in a training today, sister-in-law descending on us tonight with no notice and a septic inspection for a place I'm selling tomorrow. Wonder which is worse??:rolleyes1

Hi guys. My internet went down Sunday, and I was on the phone with them last night for 2 hours getting up and going. So I am back LOL.

Diane, he actually started going down the slide last year. He was watching the kids go up the ladder and down the slide, and he tried climbing up a couple of the steps. So Mike would stay at the side and bottom of the slide and I would walk behind him holding his butt so he wouldn't slip. He is now an old pro at it LOL. Last year he did fall off the slide at the top just as he started to slide down. Thankfully he didn't get hurt.
The video was taken after he went down about 4 times before, so he was starting to get tired of it. Bailey also went down, but we didn't get a video of her. They both had so much fun that day.
I am sorry you are having a hard time. I will continue to pray for you. I agree with Lisa. Let everyone you know about your search. Even at church, talk with people about it. Word has it that there will be no more extensions, so Mike's unemployment will be done at the end of next month. He didn't pass his test for his CDL license, so he takes it again on his birthday in 2 weeks. He missed passing it by 1 point.

Lisa, take good care of Tom while he has his braces on. I hope his mouth doesn't hurt too much! The drive you took sounds so nice. I am wanting to go to the beach so bad this year. I just keep thinking about it! It has been almost 2 years since I had a vacation, so next year I will be more than ready!!

Off to the shower. Had a really busy, exhausting day. Going to hit the hay early tonight.

See you all in the morning!!

Kathy - Sorry Mike didn't pass - Yikes, 1 point! Dam. He'll definitely pass next time. My unemployment is up next week, but on the website it says: "Legislation is still pending to extend eligibility dates for benefit extensions. Unless you have claimed the maximum 99 full weeks of unemployment benefits or have received instructions to file a new claim, you should continue to claim weekly benefits in the usual manner."
If it passes they pay retroactive. I really hope it passes.
I applied for a job at a non-profit organization right here in Beacon - it's called Clearwater and the folk singer Pete Seeger is on the board. He lives here in Beacon. I can't even believe I've been unemployed this long. It really is bizarre.

I didn't see the second page and assumed no one had responded after my last post!!!

Lisa - I know where you had lunch. We used to take our sail boat up the Delta from San Francisco and then we finally left it up there as it is so much warmer and nicer to use there. It was finally donated to a youth group so we do not have it any more.

I got a short note from Robin:

"Hi Jocelyn, I know I havent been around much! Im so sorry, just so much going on with the man, the job has gone sour so I am frantically looking for a new job, just lots of STUFF! Please tell everyone hello and I will try to get over there to check in later on tonite or tomorrow! I dont want to lose track of you guys! Hugs, Pony"

It sounds as if she is in the market for a new job, too. I thought things were supposed to be getting better!!!

Take care everyone one and hugs:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter