Geralin & Arsenio's Happily Ever After - Wishes Collection, February 2015

mzzgera

Earning my crowns..
Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to be starting my journey as a Disney bride. Here are the most recent finalized details:
Ceremony Venue: Italy Plaza in Epcot
Reception Venue: Marvins Garden Hall in the BoardWalk Inn Resort

A little about us..

I'm 25 years old and of Filipino descent. My cousins and I are the first generation of our family to be raised in the United States. I was born in Washington state and raised in California and Japan before setting in Dallas, Texas. I'm a Risk & Controls Analyst.. and a professional hula dancer. I love dancing, traveling, reading, and experiencing new things.

Arsenio is 23 years old and he's African-American. He was born and raised in Corsicana, Texas before moving to Dallas, Texas (after he met me, might I add). He's a Security Guard for large churches and a criminology major. His hobbies include playing sports, watching sports, watching shows associated with his major, and exploring the town with me.

Arsenio and I met at a Dallas nightclub in December 2010. I was out with my girls when Arsenio approached me and I (reluctantly) gave him my number. Despite the rule that guys should wait to text a girl mixed with my vague, uninterested answers.. Arsenio texted me 3 hours after we met and kept pursuing me until we officially established the titles of "boyfriend" and "girlfriend".

Fast forward, Arsenio and I are legally married for economical and moral reasons; we wanted to move-in together for economical reasons, however, we didn't want to move-in unmarried. With that being said, we do not have an official proposal story. Arsenio says it's still going to happen, so I'll be sure to post details once it does.

Despite the nightclub meeting, we're both now born-again Christians and we love Jesus. I serve as a young adults group leader and Arsenio serves with the church men's group. Arsenio and I were raised very differently and in different neighborhoods, however, our differences compliment each other very much and we believe it will be useful in our ministry fields. If you ever meet us.. we'll be the friendliest and most welcoming people you will ever meet (if not, one of them).

Thanks in advance for reading! I hope you enjoy what's to come! :)

Though I've been a Disney fan since my parents got me into Beauty and The Beast at a very young age, I didn't visit the Disney parks as often as I would have liked to as a child. I visited Disneyland in California twice and Tokyo Disneyland once. It wasn't until September 2008 when I visited Disneyworld for the first time.. for a Disney wedding ;)

My cousin was my large family's first Disney bride. Her venues were the Japanese Garden in Epcot and the Atlantic Dance Hall. At the time, I wasn't seriously dating anyone so thoughts of a Disney wedding were just hopes and dreams.. but I instantly fell in love with Disneyworld.

Years later (May 2013), another cousin decided to get married at Disneyworld, using the Wedding Pavilion and the Grand Floridian as his venues. At this time, I was attending the wedding with Arsenio. Arsenio and I had been together for two years and talked about marriage four months into our relationship. We were just waiting till he finished school and got a career situated before we decided to "jump the broom".

Funny thing I might add.. at this wedding reception, I caught the bouquet and he caught the garter. :lmao:

Though this was Arsenio's first time at Disneyworld and he's not as big of a Disney fan as I am, he really enjoyed himself. While we were there, I thought to myself "Why not get married here? Be a princess (yeah, I said it!)? In the happiest place in the world? With the greatest people in the world?" Not to mention, planning a 200+ guest wedding in Dallas made my head hurt. I figured that the important people whom we really wanted in attendance would want to attend and make every effort to attend. Despite the fact that Arsenio's not the biggest Disney fan in the world and despite the fact that his side of the family aren't the traveling type, Arsenio surprisingly agreed to a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding.

Though we are already married, we are very excited to committing to each other (again) in front of God, close family members, and close friends in Disneyworld! ::yes::

Hi everyone! Happy Belated Easter!

Most of the planning has been at a standstill because I'm still in school, however, I'll be graduating with my MBA on May 9. So I should have more fun-filled updates afterwards.

We recently received our initial email from our planner. Before I go on, I must admit that even though most couples praise Disney out the wazoo about their DFTW, I've read some reviews on DisBoards and Wedding Wire about negative experiences with DFTW planners. And since we decided to go with Disney because of a planner involvement (and because I stress easily), I was pretty worried about who we were going to be assigned to. By far, I've only heard good (if not better) reviews on Diane Bowen. So I'm really excited to be working with her!

Right now, my to-do list concerns picking a photographer and videographer. We have decided to go with Trinity Wedding Cinemas for our videographer. Arsenio and I found them to be well within our budget and the phone conversation I had with David made me feel comfortable with our decision.

We are currently torn between two photographers: Root Wedding Photography and Regina Hyman Photography. My cousin hired Nathan and Jensey for her 2008 DFTW and spoke highly of them, especially their fun personalities and journalistic approach in their photography.. two things that I find most appealing. However, Arsenio found them a little over budget. He also emphasized that we both are not HUGE photography people.

We found Regina Hyman within the DisBoards community. She definitely has a different style, yet her pictures are still beautiful and within our budget. So it's been a tough decision and we're still working through the pros and cons. If anyone has any pointers, PLEASE do not hesitate to speak your mind! :confused:

I finally graduated with my MBA, now I can really plan!!

Hashtag, excited! Lol! :hyper:

Vendor Line-Up
Photography - Jason Angelini Photography
Photography (Engagement) - Genielin Nucal (sister)
Videography - Trinity Wedding Cinemas
Officiant - Pastor Lester Cody IV (personal friend)
Wedding Collateral - Elevate 11 Designs
Bridal Attire - Alfred Angelo
Bridesmaids' Attire - David's Bridal
Groom/Groomsmen Attire - Men's Wearhouse
Wedding Attire Services (Steaming) - Carolyn Allen's
Stylist - SSKnight Artistry

(Subject to change throughout planning)

Last edited:
Just sent a few of these to my bridal party :goodvibes

ry%3D400

Just sent a few of these to my bridal party :goodvibes

ry%3D400

Really cute idea! I'm sure your wedding party was thrilled to get them!

I think everything you've got planned so far is great...

Congratulations on your MBA! I know that is so much work and stress....

Brooke

Really cute idea! I'm sure your wedding party was thrilled to get them!

I think everything you've got planned so far is great...

Congratulations on your MBA! I know that is so much work and stress....

Brooke

Thank you! I thought it's be a really cool idea and I'm starting to receive (excited) responses :love:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Theme
- Colors: Navy blue, silver, white
- Italian: Tie with the ceremony venue
- Beauty & the Beast: To incorporate my all-time favorite Disney movie
- New England Patriots/NFL: Arsenio and I are huge football fans, and even bigger NE fans :)
I'm attempting to incorporate all three of these together where one is not overbearing the other and in which they don't collide in a tacky way. Hopefully as I post inspirations, it'll begin to make sense. Wish me luck!

ry%3D400

Decor
- Flowers: White roses, white calla lilies, white orchids, white hydrangeas, blue orchids
- Ceremony Decor: None; the Italy Plaza speaks for itself ;)
- Reception Decor: Clear, cylinder vases with a white rose engulfed in water, white rose petals, small tea lights surrounding vases to bounce off light. Gobos on dance floor and behind sweetheart table.
- Tables & Chairs: Navy blue linens w/ silver chiavari chairs

ry%3D400

Food
- Main Dishes: Thai fried chicken drumettes & wings w/ sweet & sour salted mango sauce, coconut shrimp w/ orange horseradish marmalade, tamarind BBQ braised beef w/ grilled pinapple, seared salmon w/ pancetta marmalade & drill cream, pinakbet (Filipino dish)
- Side Dishes: Lobster macaroni & cheese, white rice, mashed sweet potatoes w/ candied walnuts
- Cake: Mad hatter shaped, lemon cake w/ white chocolate mousse, red velvet cake w/ cream cheese filling, navy blue and crystal ribbons

ry%3D400

Entertainment
- PhotoMingle: My guests should get a kick out of this!
- Myself: I'm planning a surprise hula performance for my groom, shhh ;)

large_image.jpg

Favors
- Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears: Sealed in a tiny plastic bag with a twisty tie, these will also serve as place cards as they will have tags attached with my guests' names.
- PhotoMingle: I like the idea that this photo booth service can serve as entertainment, a guest book, and a favor. I'm excited to see this type of guestbook as opposed to the traditional guestbook or a book of engagement photos with people wishing me the same things.
- Ribbon Wands: Used for our magical send off, personalized in navy blue and silver

All ceremony music will be played by a violinist.
If I'm missing a particular event, please let me know!

:dance3:

- Processional: "Nobody (You & I)" by John Legend
- Bridal Entrance: "Beauty & The Beast" by Jim Brickman
- Recessional: "Your Precious Love" by Marvin Gaye
- Wedding Party Entrance: "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars
- First Dance: "The Last Time" by Eric Benet
- Father/Daughter: "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder
- Mother/Son: "A Song For Mama" by Boyz II Men
- Last Dance: "Always & Forever" by Heatwave

Last edited:
Yay Italy brides!! I love me some Epcot weddings :D Your story is so sweet and I love your colors and themes (double yay for New England! though I will admit I am not a football person, and really just care about the Pats since they're my hometown team) and of course, YAY brunch! So much good stuff in your wedding.

Your music sounds lovely! All of Me especially I think will be beautiful on the violin.

Yay Italy brides!! I love me some Epcot weddings :D Your story is so sweet and I love your colors and themes (double yay for New England! though I will admit I am not a football person, and really just care about the Pats since they're my hometown team) and of course, YAY brunch! So much good stuff in your wedding.

Your music sounds lovely! All of Me especially I think will be beautiful on the violin.

Thank you for your kind words! It's pretty cool to finally see my thoughts unfold :woohoo:

ry%3D400

Vendors: David's Bridal & Jim's Formal Wear

- Wedding Dress: Either mermaid/trumpet or ball gown shaped with a sweatheart bust line
- Accessories: Crown, earrings, and a bracelet with diamond finishes
- Tuxedos: Navy blue suit w/ silver vest and accessories
- Bridesmaids' Dresses: Navy blue w/ Mickey earrings

I love the surprise Hula idea...he will LOVE that I'm sure!!!

I think your color scheme and the decor you have planned so far will be perfect... Menu sounds yummy!!

Brooke

Love the photobooth guestbook! Such a unique way to go. Awesome mickey waffles! Love hearing your story and can't wait to read the rest!

I love the surprise Hula idea...he will LOVE that I'm sure!!!

I think your color scheme and the decor you have planned so far will be perfect... Menu sounds yummy!!

Brooke

Thank you, Brooke! Now, I'm just trying to figure out how I can practice in the house without him finding out :headache:

140 days to go! I gotta admit, I'm not ready for it; I'm enjoying the anticipation and some of the planning aspects. However, I also must admit that I'm really, REALLY behind :sad1: I work about 50 hours a week and it's been difficult to sit and just.. plan! I'm surprised my hair is still in tact! HAH! :headache:

Here's how behind I've been.. two of my favorite vendors were already booked on the day of my wedding. My wedding day is on a Monday! :guilty: Very frustrating! Thankfully, I have back up vendors for the both of them.. but it would've been nice to work with my original picks.

Any who, here's some good news! :cheer2:

ry%3D400

Next week, I'll be enjoying a break from work during my trip to Orlando for my Formal Planning Session with Diane Bowen! In attendance will be myself, Arsenio, my mother, and my sister. I received from cute, unexpected trinkets from Diane about a week ago..

Also, I have purchased my dress! It was a tough battle because of the many dress appointments juggled between my busy schedule, but I made it! I was also juggling between a mermaid or a ball gown. My sister eventually chimed in, "With your physique, you're the only one in our (extended) family who can pull off a mermaid/trumpet dress properly". The boutique consultants pretty much said the same thing, "Don't hide your body in a ball gown!". HAH! this made my decision a little easier, therefore, went with a mermaid-shaped gown :cool1:

ry%3D400

Our Save The Dates will be mailed out this week. This picture was taken at our first wedding ceremony in November 2013. As previously mentioned, Arsenio and I are legally married. This unplugged ceremony was performed in front of 25 people who represented different sides of our families. Therefore, this is the first time people outside of the 25 will be seeing these pictures; we decided to hide these for now to avoid and strife with those who were not invited.

Side Advertisement: We were married at the Japanese Garden in Fort Worth, Texas. If you're looking to have a small ceremony in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, $350 gets you a designated spot (3 to choose from) for 2 hours and up to 25 guests. You're allowed to stick around afterwards for pictures and enjoying the scenery.

ry%3D400

My stationary vendor was also nice enough to put together a monogram for Arsenio and I. Thanks, Elevate 11 Designs (Specifically, Megan)!

I'm currently gathering my inspiration photos for my planning session next week, so I'll be sure to post more of those. Have a great week, everyone!

Hi everyone!

We just got back from Orlando where we had our formal planning session. I had a great time meeting everyone and discussing plans and tasting the food!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here's Arsenio and I in front of Franck's Bridal Studio. My sister said I was trying to be fancy in saying "Frank" or "France" whenever I said Franck's, lol!

ry%3D400

We also had the rare opportunity of spotting Cinderella's Carriage. Diane allowed us to take pictures of it and with it. Twas an exciting experience :yay:

ry%3D400

That's my mom and sister sitting inside the room.

ry%3D400

And of course, yours truly, Arsenio and I. Notice our coffees are of different color.. he's the "Would you like more coffee with your creamer?" type guy, hah!

ry%3D400

Now our cake tasting! We already knew that one of our flavors were going to be red velvet with cream cheese filling. After this tasting, we chose lemon cake with white chocolate filling. I discovered this dynamic duo at a frozen yogurt shop when I mixed white chocolate yogurt with pink lemonade yogurt. Very yummy! ::yes::

ry%3D400

Time to eat! As previously mentioned, I'm Filipino. Awesome thing is that our chef is, Redgie, is Filipino! He joked around with my mom, made special recommendations (i.e. he's going to make a special chicken fried steak for Arsenio at the reception), and offered to make some Filipino dishes for our reception. My Filipino guests are going to freak, lol! :rotfl:

By the way, whoever was on the Disney Wedding Podcast w/ Carrie Hayward that suggested the Lobster Macaroni & Cheese.. GOD BLESS YOU! I am so enamored by this dish! :love:

ry%3D400

To top it off, we tried the Chocolate Cinderella Slipper dessert! I initially added this to our tasting just to taste it because it's a recommended dessert to try in WDW. However, we ended up liking it and added it to our menu.

ry%3D400

Conclusively, we had a great time at our planning session. Everyone we met were extremely friendly and helpful. Diane displayed a level of professionalism and understanding that makes me very comfortable of having her work our wedding. I'm very excited for what the next few months brings us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter