General thread - general tips, ideas, comments, whatever

Enjoy your long weekend - we had ours last weekend. Mind you, EVERY weekend is a long one for me as I don't work on a Monday - mind you, that means I usually get short changed on the public holidays! :rotfl2:

Two of my three Disney/SoCal books arrived on Wednesday so I plan on hiding myself away and reading them - weather is meant to be pretty awful all weekend over here.

:yay: EXCITEMENT! I just called HoJo's and reserved our room for next May!

Imagine how delighted I will be when I actually book the flights! (Thought I'd start with HoJo's as I can cancel that without penalty if the savings plan takes a dive). ;)

Congratulation Glara :thumbsup2 HoJo's is the best!

I am desperately trying to book HoJo's for this September. Just waiting for someone to cancel :sad1:

Got to agree with previous posters about Baseball and Ice Hockey. Until you have experienced LIVE the atmosphere and hoopla surrounding a Major League Baseball game you are missing out big time. It is incredible!! And considering that it was a non descript regular season game between the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and the Seattle Mariners, it was even more remarkable.
And the pre-season Ice Hockey game that I attended was one of the most enjoyable evenings of sport that I've attended. The skill of these blokes on skates is something to behold, especially when you see what seriously large units some of them are. And the fights are a treat.

Considering how sanitized and non-contact the once great game of Australian Rules has become, it was a pleasure to see some good old fashioned biff. And guess what? Not one of the players was injured. And people still turn up in their thousands to watch the games. Imagine that Andrew Demetriou!!!

Couple that with seeing the Chicago Bulls LIVE back in the day when Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Longley were still banging the boards, a Gridiron game is the only thing left on my USA sports "bucket list" still left to do.

If you have even a remote interest in American sport, then do what you can to attend a game. You WILL NOT be disappointed....I guarantee.

How would watching an Orlando Magic basketball game be? The reason I ask is that I think there may be a basketball game when we will be there but unfortunately it won't be during the baseball or ice-hockey season. I've been to both major league baseball and ice-hockey games before which I agree are great but never to basketball. :confused3 If worthwhile, I'd love to include a game for my DH's sake :thumbsup2

Aussie dollar back over 90c. Likely to be going to LA end of the month. Woo hoo. The kids don't know yet.

My DH got me a desk calendar for 2012 that has stupid things men say.

Today's quote is from Roy Disney:-

"He's passe. Nobdy cares about Mickey anymore. There are whole batches of Mickeys we just can't give away. I think we should phase him out."

Roy Disney, 1937 referring to Mickey Mouse.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

390788_805627480761_185000598_37620043_1433704619_n.jpg

Who knew Neville would grow up like this :rotfl:

Oh wow, I never even recognised him! I thought it was a good-looking fan having a photo with the stars :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter