Gemmybear83's Magical Christmas Journey Home - Day 2 Disneyland and the Steakhouse!

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
We got up at 6:30 as our eurostar was at 8:30 (following the fire in the tunnel our train was earlier). Started to get ready when I realised I had left my make up at home .... so I apologise for looking like a monster in these pictures :eek: , I had my fingers crossed for a Boots being in St Pancras!

We checked out very quickly, had a a quick scan for a Boots (couldnt find one), and went for breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien

http://www.lepainquotidien.co.uk/ we both had scrambled eggs on toast and it was very nice, not greasy at all and the service was very good :) .

We then checked in and went through security. I found the eurostar quite grumpy but I suppose it was early in the morning :laughing: . We went to WH Smith to get some sunday papers and drinks for the journey and then sat and waited to go.

We started to laugh at the people queueing at the doors to go up to the platform - why do people do this everyone has a seat! We got let up onto the platform about 15 mins before the train departed. We were in coach 3 and had two seats at the end of the carriage, my little cabin case fitted above us and we put the bigger one with the other luggage. Our carriage was pretty full but there was plenty of luggage space :thumbsup2 .

The train was very clean, I thought the interiors were a bit dated but they were well maintained. The journey went very quick we picked up a few people at Ashford, and nobody got on or off at Lille :confused: and then I got very hyper as I knew we were nearly there :hyper:

The disney express lady came past our carriage about 30 mins before we arrived and we were the only ones not using disney express!

Then promptly at 12:30 we arrived :woohoo: :woohoo:

I loved the feeling of getting off the train and just "being there" , so much easier then using the plane. We walked to the Sequioa Lodge looking at everything in the village on the way, I like the new planting pots they have installed it makes the village look more attractive (I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics of the village Frank Gehry should be ashamed of himself!:laughing: ).

We arrived at the Sequioa Lodge and it was madness it was so busy, with kids running around everywhere. We had to wait a couple of minutes for check in but we had a lovely castmember called Simone who checked us in and embrassed Henry by asking him who was his favourite disney princess :bride: :laughing:

030.jpg

029.jpg

All the Christmas decorations were lovely, and made the Sequioa feel even more cosy :goodvibes . Our room wasnt ready yet so we dropped our cases off at left luggage, who again were really funny and joked with me and Henry :) .

We walked to the Disneyland park and we both got really excited, as we got closer we could hear the Christmas music :santa: .

We walked down Main Street and went to see the dragon as he was going in for rehab that following day. He loved very scary and I was glad he was awake when we went to see him

033.jpg

I knew the character express was coming so we wandered back onto Main Street to watch it...

036.jpg

037.jpg

043.jpg

while the character express went past it started to snow :goodvibes , I loved the way disney made it snow. You can hear wind blowing and then the princess lights start to twinkle and play Christmas music, this actually made me cry as it was magical :goodvibes .

044.jpg

I :lovestruc this one of Smee and the castmember!
045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

We then went to the coffee grinder and got some hot chocolates and split a mickey brioche - this was lovely.

048.jpg

We had a quick wander through emporium, and I got excited about all the Christmas things too buy :santa: , I bought a Marie headband and got to use my shareholders discount card for the first time :thumbsup2

049.jpg

We then went to check out the information board, and thats when we realised how busy it was - Big Thunder Mountain 2 hours, Peter Pan 2 hours, even Star Tours was 2 hours 10 mins :scared1: . So instead we had a little wander around and took in all of the theming...

When we walked past frontierland and Jack and Sally walked past us (so I guess they are year round characters now?), we eventually made it to Fantasyland and went on Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains (Snow White) as that only had a 20 min queue (the shortest we saw that afternoon).

Instead we walked back to the hotel and got a room key, as it ws now past 3pm.

060.jpg

Our room was on the 5th floor and was room 5222, it was a nice room and had been recently redecorated:

279.jpg

280.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

This was our view, I thought it was quite nice, you could hear birds singing when you had the window open.

058.jpg

I like the new toiletries - these are different from the ones I had the last time
056.jpg

sounding a good report so far - and it looks so magical the view from ur room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
makin me all excited here - keep going!!!!!!!!!!
(gonna get some of those toiletries too lol)

We then went for our 6:30 reservation at the Steakhouse. They had our reservation on their system and then we waited a minute or so before being taken to our table.

I love the interior of this place, they should make it more visible from the village as you cant really seem how nice it is inside...

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

We started off with drinks, I had a cranberry champagne cocktail - very tasty and bubbly!

067.jpg

Henry had a beer

068.jpg

I had the kobe burger (I was feeling boring), but it was very nice and the beef was really good quality.

073.jpg

Henry had the ostrich steak which is new it came with a hazlenut mash and it was amazing! I think it was 23 euros.

072.jpg

For dessert Henry had the black and white chocolate sundae - I'm not sure how he managed to eat all of this and still walk home :rotfl:

074.jpg

I had the Baileys Creme Brulee which was very yummy, and had just the right amount of baileys

075.jpg

Service was very good here. The bill came to about 92 euros so we used the face value of our premium vouchers and paid the difference.

We then had a little walk home and I enjoyed trying on silly hats in the disney store in the village :laughing:

076.jpg

Edit: actually I forgot after the steakhouse we ran back to the disneyland park and ran past the fantillusion (trying to not look at it as I didnt want to spoil it!) and went on big thunder mountain as the queue was only 10 mins, it was great fun in the dark. Although Henry felt a bit sick after his sundae!

Then we went home!:cloud9:

Another great day with fab photos:thumbsup2

I loooooove that hat!! Hee! Great first day!

I wish we'd had those toiletries in July!!! I hope we get them in Jan but DLH has different stuff I think. :(

Also, sorry to break it to you, but there's a lovely boots in St. Pancreas. It's right up the back though, with a yo! sushi and some other bits. Very hidden.

Also, sorry to break it to you, but there's a lovely boots in St. Pancreas. It's right up the back though, with a yo! sushi and some other bits. Very hidden.

I thought there would be somewhere I doubt it would have been open anyway M&S etc wasnt at that time in the morning.

Fabulous - love the look of the black and white sundae, no wonder Henry felt sick after being on BTM!!
Those new toiletries look lovely!

what a great first day and I'm loving the look of your food, we have never tried the Steak House but having seen your pics we may need to give it a go.

Your view from the SL was very pretty :goodvibes

Sounds like you had a very nice day. I'm still praying that we dont have queues like that next weekend but I'm kidding myself. Hope that Kacee copes ok with how busy it looks!!

A lovely day, Henry was very brave to go on BTM after eating that dessert!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter