Geeks go for broke! Updated 2/17: Wrap-up

Yeah for you!!!! Our crusie jar has a small layer on the bottom...:( not quite there yet.

What size are ya.....I have lots of dresses in my closet after the last cruise...can let you use a white gown...:bride: ....I think it would be nice.

On a serious note, I have talked to people who have done the dune buggy thing and they loved it, however they said it really does knock you around quite a bit, so be prepared for some bruising....another reason for a cocktail after..:laughing:

che

Tell Lionel that if I can do it...

Tea.jpg

WOW, I don't believe it - my mother has that exact china set - I am now going to have to tell her that the china set I always said was a bit naff is actually the exact same as that used in the Grand Floridian !!!!:blush:

WOW, I don't believe it - my mother has that exact china set - I am now going to have to tell her that the china set I always said was a bit naff is actually the exact same as that used in the Grand Floridian !!!!:blush:

What's sad is that I know that the name of it is Royal Doulton Old Country Rose, and that it's the #1 selling china pattern of all time.

I am secure in my manhood.

What's sad is that I know that the name of it is Royal Doulton Old Country Rose, and that it's the #1 selling china pattern of all time.

Moart,
You make me laugh, I followed the surprise wedding thread when Joel and his wife surprised their families on the cruise
You are a GOOD MAN, Tea at the GF and Knowing the Pattern, you rock!

Erica,
I'm getting just like you...sitting next to me is my PassPorter and tabs! :lmao:

Great minds think alike (or borrow each other's ideas)! LOL!!!!

May_31_001-1.jpg

May_31_002-1.jpg

May_31_003-1.jpg

Crap, those came out pretty bad. On those last 3 I was on top of a 50 foot cliff and you can't really tell. Oh well.

I can definitely see you "guarding the keg" on the Fury catamaran too.

Wow...love the photos. I'm going to show them to my DBF to see if he's interested in doing that. Thanks for posting them!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You are a riot, Dave would say it was the white china with the flowers....

Cheryl

And that's a reason to celebrate???????????????????????

:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

You want to hear something really funny? I had my wallet at the computer, and was giving Lionel a play-by-play on my cell phone while I was making the final payment. And when I got to work this morning, I realized they were still right next to the computer.

Yes, I carried a nearly empty purse to work today. No wonder if felt so light. :headache:

Yeah for you!!!! Our crusie jar has a small layer on the bottom...:( not quite there yet.

What size are ya.....I have lots of dresses in my closet after the last cruise...can let you use a white gown...:bride: ....I think it would be nice.

On a serious note, I have talked to people who have done the dune buggy thing and they loved it, however they said it really does knock you around quite a bit, so be prepared for some bruising....another reason for a cocktail after..:laughing:

che

Hehe, thanks for the review. I think we are going to do the Punta Sur park. It just sounds more appealing to me. Dune buggies are fun and all, but not exactly the way I want to get around in Mexico. Call me strange....:rotfl:

I don't quite have the words. Just, wow. :rotfl:

Erica,
I'm getting just like you...sitting next to me is my PassPorter and tabs! :lmao:

Great minds think alike (or borrow each other's ideas)! LOL!!!!

They help, don't they? :thumbsup2

Glad to see a geek report!

Glad to see a geek report!

Thanks Hedy!

I just had an entire update typed out, and then something funny happened and the page reloaded......BLANK.
Sweet.

Here it is again in a nutshell:

Spend a few hours the other night breaking all of the definite costs down so that I had a better idea of how much wiggle room (read: booze money) we will have. Here are the current for-sure plans.....

• Palo: brunch, tea and dinner (just have to pick a night for dinner)
  • Spa: week-long rainforest passes, and the rasul. Will likely book a special (or three) once on board
  • Castaway Cay: two-day getaway package (bikes, snorkels and floats)
  • Cozumel: Eco Park and Snorkel (Punta Sur Park)
  • Costa Maya: Chaccohoben Mayan Ruins (pyramids!)

I also really REALLY want to do the Galley tour, but I am happy to just wait and see what we feel like doing with all of the other on-board ideas. I'm tempted by the ballroom lessons, but I only just learned how to walk properly in heels.....not sure the feets can take twirling in them.

Also, trying to take Michelle's advice and not overplan. Which, well, is going to be hard, considering I have TABBED MY PASSPORTER (see post 37). AND HAVE A SPREADSHEET OF COSTS. AND....well, am just me.

Hello, my name is Erica, and I am an overplanner.

June is going to be a flurry of busy-ness, with Lionel's birthday, a weekend course in Miami (right on the bay! rooftop pool! on the company's dime!), and some extra weekend work. But, I'm sure I'll be updating from time to time.

Happy Friday-eve.

Because geeks will understand:
I am about to start reading my guidebook for the other place in Orlando I'm going in July. I am getting up to find one of my highlighters that have Post-it flags built in. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oooooh, Ballroom Lessons? I didn't know they had that. I have always wanted to try that, but getting the DH to agree may be a challenge. :confused:

Oooooh, Ballroom Lessons? I didn't know they had that. I have always wanted to try that, but getting the DH to agree may be a challenge. :confused:

Arin... I dont think I could get E to do it either... umm Ill be your partner LOL :dance3:

They are rather awesome Pina Coladas! The only thing better is when they blend in a little fruity swirl. Ok, can't say any more. I need to stop drooling on my husband's laptop.

Ok, since we started talking excursion possibilities I am coming back to the readers for some advice. Lionel is intrigued by the Dune Buggy Beach and Snorkel Combo excursion in Cozumel, while I am still leaning toward Punta Sur. Any advice? They are both about 4.5 hours, and both involve taking open air vehicles to a beach to snorkel. The dune buggies, however, cost $40 more per person. Which is fine if it's worth it. Anyone know if it's worth it?

In other news I spend a few hours last night looking at formals online, and I do not like what I see. What does a girl have to do to get a cocktail dress that doesn't make her look like a character from Laugh In?
my DH and DS did the beach buggy and snorkle combo and they both LOVED it i thought it was like 80 a person :confused3 not sure my DMIL booked it for them

Erica....do they have a Passporter for Storyland in New Hampshire??:lmao:

cheryl

• Palo: brunch, tea and dinner (just have to pick a night for dinner)
  • Spa: week-long rainforest passes, and the rasul. Will likely book a special (or three) once on board
  • Castaway Cay: two-day getaway package (bikes, snorkels and floats)
  • Cozumel: Eco Park and Snorkel (Punta Sur Park)
  • Costa Maya: Chaccohoben Mayan Ruins (pyramids!)

I also really REALLY want to do the Galley tour.....

Also, trying to take Michelle's advice and not overplan....

Good job with your plans! I think we are going to do Chacchoben too....(by default it may be our only option if we do end up docking in CM) AND I totally *have* to do the Galley tour this time, also. Do they only have one GT per cruise?

As much as I am fighting not trying to overplan, because of our split cabin situation I don't have much choice since I can't book Flounder's Reef for the baby until my cabin-halving mate pays her balance. And I really don't have the kahones to book excursions if I don't yet have FR so looks like we may be stuck booking whatever is left after 75....IF there is anything. It is unbelievably difficult to restrain myself but I don't want to be dissapointed later. (Must.put.Passporter. down. NOW!):rotfl2:

Although ordering the new Passporter might make me feel better.....;) I so need to do that!

Because geeks will understand:
I am about to start reading my guidebook for the other place in Orlando I'm going in July. I am getting up to find one of my highlighters that have Post-it flags built in. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 I love it.

Arin... I dont think I could get E to do it either... umm Ill be your partner LOL :dance3:

Lionel and I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance so I think that's the angle I'm going to take. :rotfl:

my DH and DS did the beach buggy and snorkle combo and they both LOVED it i thought it was like 80 a person :confused3 not sure my DMIL booked it for them

Passporter lists it as $90 but that may well have been after a rate increase. I think it sounds fun, but I'm concerned with the bounce factor. I'm not a big fan of bumpy :sick: I get carsick pretty easily.....

Erica....do they have a Passporter for Storyland in New Hampshire??:lmao:

cheryl

How great would that be? :rotfl2:

Good job with your plans! I think we are going to do Chacchoben too....(by default it may be our only option if we do end up docking in CM) AND I totally *have* to do the Galley tour this time, also. Do they only have one GT per cruise?

As much as I am fighting not trying to overplan, because of our split cabin situation I don't have much choice since I can't book Flounder's Reef for the baby until my cabin-halving mate pays her balance. And I really don't have the kahones to book excursions if I don't yet have FR so looks like we may be stuck booking whatever is left after 75....IF there is anything. It is unbelievably difficult to restrain myself but I don't want to be dissapointed later. (Must.put.Passporter. down. NOW!):rotfl2:

Although ordering the new Passporter might make me feel better.....;) I so need to do that!

Order it!

I have to look at castaway club dot com (don't censor me, DIS!) and see what the Western's normally offer. If I find anything out I will let you know! Regarding the 75 days out thing, I wouldn't stress too much. I know they keep extra slots set aside for those who cannot book online, AND for first-timers. Good luck! :thumbsup2

So......Lionel and I are seriously considering "booking" the Romantic Escape at Sea. I keep going back and forth. It includes:

• a stateroom gift (robes, a frame and some chocolates)
  • dinner at Palo with a bottle of wine from the premium list
  • a (full) champagne breakfast in bed
  • week-long passes to the rainforest room at the spa
  • a free 8x10 from Shutters (unconfirmed)

The other thing it includes is the ability to book all excursions, spa treatments and Palo at 105 days out with the concierge crowd. I admit, that is swinging my vote a bit. Lionel's thoughts were "this is supposed to be our blow-out cruise, let's do it!" Mine is.....do we really need robes and rose petals?

All in all I think it is worth the price, but my main concern is that we might not be able to do Palo with Mat and Sarah. I know that may not be the romantic evening that most of you would have in mind, with two extra people at the table, but Lionel and I really enjoy sharing Palo with others. Besides, we're schmoopy. We are romantic every day. We don't need a table for two to put us in the mood, if you know what I mean.

And with luck, that won't get me a citation from a moderator. :rolleyes1

So......Lionel and I are seriously considering "booking" the Romantic Escape at Sea. I keep going back and forth. It includes:

The other thing it includes is the ability to book all excursions, spa treatments and Palo at 105 days out with the concierge crowd. I admit, that is swinging my vote a bit. Lionel's thoughts were "this is supposed to be our blow-out cruise, let's do it!" Mine is.....do we really need robes and rose petals?

All in all I think it is worth the price, but my main concern is that we might not be able to do Palo with Mat and Sarah. I know that may not be the romantic evening that most of you would have in mind, with two extra people at the table, but Lionel and I really enjoy sharing Palo with others. Besides, we're schmoopy. We are romantic every day. We don't need a table for two to put us in the mood, if you know what I mean.

Do it! Do it! Do it! I'm with Lionel- I'm definately booking REAS for our cruise, and I feel like it will really put it over the top! The 105 day booking DEFINATELY swayed me, because I am a first time cruiser, and I absolutely won't make it to 75 days or whatever it is to book Palo, etc... but I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to book a table and then just add your friends at 90 days to your table- can't that work?

Go For It!!!! the robes are worth it alone, although, Palo is just the bomb and the bottle of wine...that would save you another trip to the Liquor Store....Have you seen Roger Rabbit? "I went to the Liquor store guy, he knew" a little Disney moment sorry.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter