Gee -- any guesses on what food will soon be...

I don't see this as a big deal. Frankly I'm disappointed in the selection of items from the counter service restaurants. It seems like 90% of them only server burgers, hot dogs, or fries. I'd like to see a little mix like some that server mexican (I know there's the one place across from Pirates at MK), and chicken. And more places to find pizza would be nice (and why is it so hard to find a "Supreme" pizza anywhere - it seemed like you could only get pepperoni or cheese at the places I looked).

Dh doesn't think these food chains will show up in the parks.
He noted for one, Pizza Hut, etc is tied in/owned by Pepsi. (and of course only Coke products in theparks due to that contract.)
And Disney 100 year contract with McD's. He doesn't think they would allow the competition.

And when was the last time anyone saw El Pirata y el Perico open? Even when the park is packed, it is not open. Seems to be a rare occasion indeed.

So they elect the man who chose not to increase the cost of Taco Bell tacos by 1/4 of 1 cent so that south Floridan farm workers could get their first pay raise since they 1970s... I consider that terrible. Pressler was a saint compared to this unethical being.

The gentleman is to act as an independant director. Meaning that he isn't supposed to use his position on the board to broker deals between the companys.

Also Yum brands is the company formally known as Tricon restaurants which is owns KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizzahut. It was spun off from Pepsi several years ago.

A few quick service locations that serve more than burgers and hotdogs:

Magic Kingdom:
Columbia Harbor House
Cosmic Rays
El Pirata y el Perico

Epcot:
Mexico
China
Japan
England
Morroco
The Land

Disney/MGM Studios
ABC Commisary
Catalina Eddies
Pizza Planet

Animal Kingdom
Pizzafari
Restaurantosauras
Flame Tree Barbeque
Tusker House

This doesn't seem to indicate that KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut will be showing up at WDW.

But I would be disappointed if they did. I think the main reason there isn't more variety in the counter service places is that for the most part, people want hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches. These are the staples of the menus of most of the fast food restaurants around....when you need to eat fast food and don't want any of those, your choices are often limited. And that's not just at WDW. All those places wouldn't offer these items if they didn't sell.

As others have pointed out though...if you know your way around WDW you have lots of options! Probably more fast food options than most Americans have access to at home (and way more than those from countries where fast food isn't as big of a thing).

We love Flame Tree Barbecue, Columbia Harbour House, Yakitori House, Tangierine Cafe.....and there are others (Pecos Bills...but that's burgers)

It would be nice to be able to get good pizza at WDW...so far I've found it all to be very disappointing. But, then again, I can order in from PapaJohn's and have it delivered to my room if I really want pizza!

It would be nice to be able to get good pizza at WDW...so far I've found it all to be very disappointing. But, then again, I can order in from PapaJohn's and have it delivered to my room if I really want pizza! [/B][/QUOTE]

Papa Johns will deliver to BWV?????

If true it is nice to know. Who else will deliver on property??

We should compile a list of known restaurants that will deliver on site. How long does it take????

Good info.

Rich

A list pops up on the DVC board fairly often of which pizza places will deliver to various DVC resorts...but pretty much all the big ones have places close enough to deliver in WDW. Oh, and I'm not sure, but I think they might just deliver to the lobby....but that's not really a big deal either.

So far we haven't done it...but we're planning to!

I thought that Pepsi owned those three fast food chains?

http://money.cnn.com/1997/10/07/companies/pepsi/

10/7/1997

NEW YORK (CNNfn) - PepsiCo, once a beverage, pre-packaged food and restaurant colossus, is a bit slimmer Tuesday and about $5.5 billion richer.
Tuesday marks the first full day after the company spun off its restaurant holdings that include the Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Taco Bell chains into Tricon Global Restaurants Inc.
The company said it has raised $5.5 billion in cash from the move, $4.5 billion of which came Monday from Tricon. Other sources of cash included the sale of PFS, Pepsi's restaurant supply distribution unit, the sale of five smaller, non-core restaurant chains and an initial public offering of its New Zealand restaurants.
Pepsi said it will use $3.7 billion of the proceeds to pay off most of its short-term debt. The remainder will be used to repurchase stock. Pepsi said it plans to spend more than $2 billion on share repurchases this year and as much as $3 billion in 1998. It said it will continue paying the 12.5-cent per share quarterly dividend in effect before the spin-off.
Andrall Pearson, Tricon's chairman and chief executive officer, said the spin-off will allow Tricon chiefs to focus on the company's three restaurant brands while allowing PepsiCo managers to focus on packaged goods. (133K WAV) or (133K AIFF)
With the spin-off complete, Pepsi's holdings now include the Pepsi-Cola Co. and snack Goliath Frito-Lay Co. The two have annual revenue of about $20 billion

I work for YUM Brands, for which Aylwin Lewis is the COO. Within our organization, he is considered a very fine executive, with strong feelings about people and quality driving business growth. He has no patience for sloppiness, laziness, or poor work ethic. I have met him many times, and believe him to be an honorable man who really makes a difference. I also like him personally very much.

Aylwin is often asked to speak about leadership, for various organizations. He is highly respected inside and outside of the restaurant industry.

When I saw that he was joining the Disney board, I was very excited! He will provide a very powerful voice, and I think will make a positive contribution to the board. Aylwin doesn't do anything "half-way".

He, by the way, is an avid collector of comic books, and considers them to be a very under-appreciated art form. He once told me that he has something like 10,000 of them. I would bet that he really appreciates the art and style of classic Disney. That's an enormous "plus" on my personal balance sheet!

I wouldn't expect Disney to be adding KFC, Pizza, Tacos, Fish (They also own Long John Silvers), or A&W brands to the parks anytime soon. That's not what Aylwin wants. He wants to add value to what is still one of the premier brands in Customer Service.

As a Yum brands employee, and an avid Disney fan, I couldn't be happier about all of this.

Does Disney really have a hundred year contract with McDonalds?? This is a joke, right?

Geesh, I was just thinking how great it would be to get those hideous places out of Disney all together...

But then again, I didn't know the information wdwguide gave either...rethinking my love of the "Big New Yorker"!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter