Gay Week?

Yuhp Major Tom is correct its always 1st Saturday of June , but thats just for the Magic Kingdom We usually go down on the Monday or Tuesday before the first Saturday in June give us a day or two to relax and then we go out Wednesday night to Jelly rolls , nothing actually there but we love it, then Thursday night at PI is usually hot and crowded with gay ( glbt ) people and there are lots of stuff happening all over town the whole week. Have fun I wont be able to make it this year do to hopefully buying DVC but we usually go every yeqar and have a FANTASTIC time . Its Disney like ever before. :banana: :banana:

The Gay Days website lists most of the events that are planned. I have to Gay Day at Magic Kingdom all but two years (2nd and 4th years I had conflicts). In 2000, I had to take BA's Concord back from an international meeting to get back in time! That was the year I bought my house down there. It is 3/2 on 5 acres, 11 minutes from the Cast entrance to Magic Kingdom. Do not spend that much time there, but it is nice to have any way. :-)

/carmi

I went for Gay Week in 1998. I had a good time. Though it's not a time to go if you want to accomplish a lot in terms of attractions because it's very hot and crowded at this time. It's more for people who have been to WDW before, want to hit a few favorite attractions, and then also want to enjoy some of the Gay Week events.

I'm planning to go back at this time in 2007 with a few friends.

We've found it to be just too hot and humid that time of year, but it's fun to see all the red shirts.

I will second the notion that it is not the best time of year to get in a lot of attractions. Big crowds, it's hot, and the lines are long. But if you want to people watch, and enjoy the parks with "family" it can be a lot of fun.

Nothing like watchin three or four big ole bears trying to cram themselves into one teacup!

Nothing like watching Disney security freak out when the bears all meet at the Country Bear Jamboree. "There big, burly and in leather, what do we do?"

Nothing like watching Disney entertainment freak out when all of the gals line up down Main Street trying to get on the train for the Lesbo express right before the parade! "We need these gals out of here so we can run the parade, bring out the extra trains!"

Nothing like watching the unsuspecting mom looking at the park map telling her husband "I dont see this listed on here anywhere!" :rotfl2:

Having been to both Gay Day at the Magic Kingdom and to Gay Day at Disneyland, I will say that they seem to be very different crowds. At Disney World, the crowd seems much younger, and made up more of groups of friends. At Disneyland, it seems to be mostly families and in general seems to skew older.

Both are fun, just different.

/carmi

Hi Everyone

I have my special Red Mickey T-Shirt all ready for Gay Days.
Ironically it was bought as a gift for me by a good straight friend.

(Thanks Donald !)

I have a matching Red Mickey Hat from the Disney Store I bought, I think I will look like a cub scout if I wear both the shirt and hat together that day however. I am still debating about my attire.

This is my first time to Gay Day.

I know your supposed to wear the color Red to the MK on Gay Day, the first Saturday of June.

Do the gay men and lesbian women wear RED the rest of the week they are at Disney? I am only planning on one day of RED !

If the MK park is too crowded on Gay Day, I will probably retreat for a swim and floating in Storm a long Bay, and wear my Red Mickey cap to keep the sun out of my eyes for the rest of the day.

And then back to MK for the night time Fireworks !

I think I better bring two red shirts with me.

OrlandoMike said:
Nothing like watchin three or four big ole bears trying to cram themselves into one teacup!
:rotfl2: Now I won't be able to get that picture out of my head whenever I see the teacups!!

PHILCT said:
Do the gay men and lesbian women wear RED the rest of the week they are at Disney? I am only planning on one day of RED !

I've seen guys in red on other days as well. We're planning on wearing red on the Saturday. We'd wear red on the other days, but don't have many red shirts!

I may have to bring a couple more RED Shirts with me !

I will bring my favorite RED SOX T-Shirt too.

Why can't Gay Day be in the WINTER !

Who picked June in Florida ?

I'm thinking it could have been the last Saturday in January !

Although I guess the Typhoon Lagoon Private Party would have some people freezing in January !

PHILCT said:
Who picked June in Florida ?

The local gay and lesbian center. It was not really a big event the first few years. Just some local people planning a local event. Posters in all the bars and a few articles in the gay newspapers.

By the third year it was making news and got national attention.

/carmi

Did you know that the Gay Men's Chorus of New Hampshire was the first officially recognized group asked to perform on Gay Day at Disney World EPCOT ?

I made a donation for that cause !

I should have been there to have seen them perform, I believe it was the year before last.

Did anyone see them perform?

----

I kind of wish Disney Online would increase its variety of Disney Shirts available in RED before Gay Day starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter